PDA

View Full Version : Are folks using all the rules to play AoS?

Ray Rivers
08-27-2015, 11:45 AM
Accordingly to the "infamous" 4 page rule set this is how you begin a game:

First you should decide in which of the seven Mortal Realms the battle will take place. For example, you might decide that your battle will take place in the Realm of Fire. Sometimes you’ll need to know this in order to use certain abilities. If you can’t agree on the realm, roll a dice, and whoever rolls highest decides.

IOW, are folks playing battles without first determining which Realm to fight in and therefore, not using the special rules the Realm's contain?

I believe the rules for the Realms are contained in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Book, which I don't have yet. But I have seen a lot BatReps in which folks don't mention which Realm they are playing in and therefore, it would appear, they are possibly playing without a full rule set.

Can anybody who owns the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Book comment on how significant the Realm rules are and if they effect game play?

Auticus
08-27-2015, 12:19 PM
The first book has realm rules for a part of the Realm of Fire.

The second book has realm rules for a part of the Realm of Metal and Life.

Ray Rivers
08-27-2015, 02:05 PM
The first book has realm rules for a part of the Realm of Fire.

The second book has realm rules for a part of the Realm of Metal and Life.

So there is no central depository for the Realm rules and haven't all been published?

Leaves me a bit puzzled. Why do the basic rules state the first thing to do is select a Realm for the battle, if these rules don't exist?

Ben_S
08-27-2015, 04:21 PM
The realms, afaik, do nothing in the basic/core game - presumably the intention is to flesh them out in later supplements but, for now, it doesn't seem to matter, hence people don't bother.

nsc
08-27-2015, 09:12 PM
There are also rules for beseeching the chaos gods which then summon daemons (even multiple units at once!). There are also rules for calling upon sigmar to assist you.

They seem more appropriate for campaign play rather than pick up games imo