PDA

View Full Version : Levitation and vehicles.

Valkerie
08-12-2015, 10:00 AM
The other day a friend and I were playing. He had a psyker with Telekinesis: Levitation, which states that the psyker and his unit immediately make a move of up to12". The fluff description is that the psyker launches himself skyward, leaping across the battlefield in a single bound. The question we had was, does the unit include dedicated transports?

We couldn't find anything in the rules that said one way or the other, and finally decided to say it did, because it seemed like fun. (And it seemed like too much trouble to worry about.:))

We decided to put the question up here to see what everyone else thought. Does it work like that or not? If it does, then I can see a very amusing scenario where my Land Raider literally jumps around the battlefield.

Charon
08-12-2015, 10:02 AM
The question we had was, does the unit include dedicated transports?

Not possible.
For one an IC cant join a vehicle and for the other if you are embarked in a vehicle you are only allowed to cast witchfire spells.

Path Walker
08-12-2015, 10:15 AM
The other day a friend and I were playing. He had a psyker with Telekinesis: Levitation, which states that the psyker and his unit immediately make a move of up to12". The fluff description is that the psyker launches himself skyward, leaping across the battlefield in a single bound. The question we had was, does the unit include dedicated transports?

We couldn't find anything in the rules that said one way or the other, and finally decided to say it did, because it seemed like fun. (And it seemed like too much trouble to worry about.:))

We decided to put the question up here to see what everyone else thought. Does it work like that or not? If it does, then I can see a very amusing scenario where my Land Raider literally jumps around the battlefield.

If you enjoyed it then bam, its allowed. Thats the most important part, if you thought it was cool and your opponent agreed then its fine.

Charistoph
08-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Not possible.
For one an IC cant join a vehicle and for the other if you are embarked in a vehicle you are only allowed to cast witchfire spells.

Well, that and Transports are not considered to be part of the unit they are carrying or Dedicated to. Infiltration and Outflank are allowed to transfer because those rules specifically allow it.

If Levitation (or your opponent) agree on including Dedicated Transports in the move, than you could do so. Since it is being posted as a question, I'm going to assume that it isn't specifically allowed for.

Path Walker
08-12-2015, 10:30 AM
The Rules didn't allow for my Company Champion to leap on to the back of a flying Hive Tyrant as it passed under him and attack the Tyranid in mid air, ending in them both crashing to the ground dead. Doesn't mean it didn't happen that way in the game because we thought it would be an awesome story.

Cactus
08-12-2015, 12:57 PM

Inside the vehicle, you're only allowed to cast witchfire.

Denzark
08-13-2015, 09:18 AM
Good ppoint I guess RAW - if it particularly states 'must be witchfire only' it is a pertinent restriction.

In a special scenario rule of cool is probably king.

CoffeeGrunt
08-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Not to mention that Land Raiders don't even have Fire Points...