PDA

View Full Version : Drop Pods and Mysetic spores?

Typhon
03-14-2010, 01:57 AM
Can a Drop Pod/Spore Pod scatter off the table. In their rule it talks about reducing the scatter to a minimum to avoid terrain, units, "obstacles". Now does that apply to board edges or not?

Squirrel_Fish
03-14-2010, 02:44 AM
No, your drop pods, mycetics spores, trygons and mawlocs can scatter off of the table and thus suffer mishaps.

Another thing that you should keep in mind is that if you try and deepstrike any of the following but Mawlocs onto enemies or terrain, they'll suffer mishaps. Their guidance rules allow them to reduce the amount of scatter from deep-strike in order to avoid obstacles, not increase.

gcsmith
03-14-2010, 11:20 AM
you use the word terrian too ambiguously fish. Its impassible, he would only suffer dangerous in difficult

DarkLink
03-14-2010, 12:09 PM
The table edge isn't explicitly defined as impassable terrain, though it behaves similarly in some cases.

Typhon
03-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Okay thanks. Now as far as dangerous terrain tests, does it apply to the pod or the disembarking troops?

HsojVvad
03-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Okay thanks. Now as far as dangerous terrain tests, does it apply to the pod or the disembarking troops?

I say it's the disembarking troops. Pods and spores can't move.

papa smurf
03-14-2010, 11:00 PM
it was to my understanding that if a drop pod went off the table, it went kablooie, because everybody knows battlefields only take place on 4'x6' tables or something similar :P. that is still the case right? because once models leave the table, they are gone for good? exceptions to units like mawlocs and swooping hawks and units that go back into reserve, of course.

chromedog
03-14-2010, 11:08 PM
If drop pods miss the table, then they suffer a mishap. they are only destroyed on a following 1-2 on the mishap table.

Otherwise, the opponent gets to reeploy them elsewhere on the table, or they go back into reserves.

They get to minimise the effect of impassable or units in the way, other units aren't so fortunate (valkyrie deepstriking, hehe).

Lord Azaghul
03-15-2010, 07:25 AM
They get to minimise the effect of impassable or units in the way, other units aren't so fortunate (valkyrie deepstriking, hehe).

I do have yet to see anyone DS a valk! Its just seems like a bad idea!

HsojVvad
03-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Well if you discuss with your oppoent that outside the table is impassible terrian, then you can't roll for mishap. Papa Smurf has a point. Remember you have to discuss with your opponent what is rough terrian, what is dangerous terrian and what is impassible terrian. So if nobody says what outside the table is, and it is not declared impassible terrian, you can't roll for mishap since it didn't land in impassible terrian.

When I played a game, we didn't have a conctrete answer, but when asked other gamers, it was said it was destroyed and no roll for mishap. Funny thing is, he almost deepstruck outside the table and just barely made it. So yes it can happen :)

Best to ask before playing if you are realy that worried about it, because you shouldn't be changing the rules once the game begins.

If I am wrong, can anyone please provide me with page numbers so I know for shure.

BuFFo
03-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Well if you discuss with your oppoent that outside the table is impassible terrian, then you can't roll for mishap.

There is nothing to 'discuss' really... :confused:

Outside the playing field is exactly that, outside of the playing field. As per the Reserve Rules, if a drop pod scatters off the table, it suffers a mishap. Clear and cut.

Now, if what you meant is to 'house rule' that outside the playing area is whatever you want it to be, then great! More power to you and your opponent.

If I am wrong, can anyone please provide me with page numbers so I know for shure.

Check out the Index for Reserves. I forget the page number.

SeattleDV8
03-15-2010, 09:01 PM
BRB pg 95 Deep Strike Mishaps.

scattering off the table is the first mentioned along with impassable terrain and other troops.

HsojVvad
03-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks SeattleDV8, I have missed that.

BuFFo
03-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks SeattleDV8, I have missed that.

You are most welcome :)