PDA

View Full Version : Mephiston

musical-fool
03-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Hello,

Talking to one of the red-shirts at my local GW, he said that there would not be a new Mephiston fig this doubled with his absence in the pre-orders seems highly likely.

Which got me thinking, I'm not a great fan of the current Meph', far too static-looking... My question is what would you use as a base-figurine for the conversion? I was thinking Stern or the GK captain fig or maybe one of the inquisitor figs..?

wittdooley
03-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Hello,

Talking to one of the red-shirts at my local GW, he said that there would not be a new Mephiston fig this doubled with his absence in the pre-orders seems highly likely.

Which got me thinking, I'm not a great fan of the current Meph', far too static-looking... My question is what would you use as a base-figurine for the conversion? I was thinking Stern or the GK captain fig or maybe one of the inquisitor figs..?

Their armour is totally wrong for Mephiston. If you really dont like it, you're best waiting for the Sanguinary guard to come out and do something with that. It'll take a lot of green stuffing to make it look correct, however.

Duke
03-11-2010, 02:33 PM
The best way to convert a new mephiston is to simply buy an astorath model when it releases and convert from there.

Here is my plan.
- reposistion arms through a mix of creative use of greenstuff, cutting and plastic arms.
- cut off the hio from the mephiston model and put it on "asteroth"
- take mephistons sword and put it on one of the reposistioned arms
- do the same with his pistol

hope this helps

duke

Herald of Nurgle
03-11-2010, 03:08 PM
I've still got the captain from GD. Mount him on a rock, add Sanguinor/Astorath wings, gs Meph's head, get his sword. Continue.

Noxx
03-11-2010, 04:04 PM
I was really hoping for a mephiston re-sculpt. But then I saw the Seth miniature, and decided just to go for him instead :D

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
03-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Perhaps start by sticking a Sang. Guard muscled chest onto a Dark Angels robed body? Bezerker arms have the same fabric-y style gauntlet as Mephiston's model, they have a nice looking plasma pistol and a Bezerker skull shoulderpad is a dead ringer for mephiston's. Use a sang. guard head with extra green stuff hair, or the Bezerker bare head with greenstuff hair for a more vampirey look. The sword and collar thing are unique to the Mephiston model, though.

bloodangel 83
08-21-2010, 04:10 PM
hey musical-fool, how did u decide to make your Mephiston, i would like to see pics if you have them.