PDA

View Full Version : OCdt Mephiston's Tau

OCdt Mephiston
03-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Even with the new Blood Angels Codex just around the corner, red can sometimes get on a painters nerves. So in an attempt to switch things up and get out of the menotony that is Blood Red, I decided to paint up a test model for a long time dream project of mine; city fighting Tau.

There are two armies in the 40k universe that I believe can pull of the camouflage/attempting to not be seen look, IG and Tau. Since IG has been done to death recently, and I kinda like the idea of a booming upstart race, I decided to go for Tau. So here he is, my lone Fire Warrior test subject! C&C is welcome, but be nice, this is the first time I've posted pics of my work on the internet ;)

Lord Azaghul
03-11-2010, 09:01 AM
I like it. I have a friend who uses a very similar scheme for his stealth suits. Good 'night fight' colors.

archimbald
03-15-2010, 11:17 AM
very nice indeed

Lerra
03-15-2010, 11:40 AM
It looks nice but dark. If you go for a lighter but still washed-out brown, I think you'd be able to see more detail in the model while still fitting into the stealth/city fight look.

Sort of like this: http://coolminiornot.com/110954

OCdt Mephiston
03-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

@ Lerra - I know what you mean with the dark colors... I think models to come wont get quite as much devlan mud ink on them.

Also Ive been working on a Devilfish/Hammerhead, it should be up soon depending on how busy this week is...

OCdt Mephiston
07-13-2010, 08:43 AM
No devil fish, but heres another fire warrior I did up