PDA

View Full Version : How should I outfit my Space Marine scouts?

Hendrik Booraem VI
07-23-2015, 01:06 PM
I bought some Scout sprues, second hand. Options are limited - no cloaks or sniper rifles. I don't have an LSS, so they won't be zipping in that way. I haven't put them together yet, but I was wondering two things, really:

1) should I use the heavy bolter?
2) I should go with bolters instead of shotguns, right? (bolters look WAY cooler)

If I don't use the Heavy Bolter, I guess I can use some leftover bitz from something else and give the Sergeant a bolter and chainsword, then I'll have five bolter shots plus infiltrate and 4+ armor save. I'm underwhelmed, frankly. But I suspect it's because I'm not looking at things the right way, and there's something useful about these guys that I just haven't seen yet.

Granted: If I could get camo cloaks and sniper rifles for them, I would do that, upgrade the squad fully, and they would just sit on objectives in cover for an entire game.

Tyrendian
07-23-2015, 02:42 PM
either get the snipers or get a LSS and run them melee I'd say... the latter can be surprisingly fun against some opponents like Tau or Guard, and still hunkers on an objective just as well as with bolters (which, as you said, are underwhelming)

son_of_volmer
07-23-2015, 06:41 PM
Consider 4 shotguns and Sergeant with a combi-flamer. If anyone tried to assault the get a face full of shots. These guys are meant to be a speed bump, they stand in front of 10 more scouts with close combat weapons.