PDA

View Full Version : Converted and Magnetised Space Marine Centurions

XionXxen
07-22-2015, 04:31 PM
Hi, thought I would share my recent modified Space Marine Centurions. I never liked the original pose and saw some similar conversions around and thought I would have a go myself. Not sure how to make the pictures bigger either...

Here are the main points I modified.

Feet are trimmed to make them look narrower.
Extended the waist joint to increase the models height slightly, less than 5mm.
Cut down the arm joints to bring the arms closer to the torso.
Raised the head slightly so it wouldn't look like he was hunching.
Totally cut away the arm supports, I don't think the model misses them and tidies things up a bit.
I added a magnet under his left shoulder which then can attach the Grav-Amp to when he is configured as a Devestator.
I also cut down his right arm just beyond the elbow and then added another magnet. Now he can change between weapons, included the Siege drill (which has the melta and flamer also magnetised).
I had to cut away all the adjoining pieces on the arm and weapons where they used to attach underneath, this was actually quite easy and not really noticeable.

I took a decision not to have 2 of each weapon modeled as I felt the separate fist gave the model a better look. The Assault Launcher, Hurricane Bolters and Missile Launchers are also not modeled but again I'm not too worried about them.

I'm not 100% happy with the right arm and am considering cutting it further back at the elbow itself to make a neater fit with the weapon.