PDA

View Full Version : Read

archimbald
03-10-2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/WH40kPH/petition.html

is making this to send to GW and needs Signitures

Commissar Lewis
03-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Hm, I dunno. I'm not really into the whole pre-Heresy era or even the actual Horus Heresy myself, though I don't discount those who do. Mayhap I'll sign it later, I'll mull it over.

Melissia
03-10-2010, 03:14 PM
There's little or no Imperial Guard and no Sisters of Battle. Orks don't feature that majorly either.

Nope, not interesting to me.

Rapture
03-10-2010, 03:21 PM
If you want more Heresy action, that would be all marines. That is not good for the game as a whole. We have Space Wolves, Codex, Blood Angels, and Dark Angels. There seem to be more than enough models for Marine conversions. How about an upgrade sprue for Tau, Eldar, or Necrons? I would sign a petition for that.

fuzzbuket
03-10-2010, 03:57 PM
The people with pre-hersy armies have invested a great amount of time detail and skill into thier legions and armies. People with these kind of armies also have spent a lot of time trying to make balanced mini-dexs and rules to fit the backstory.

If GW were to make a prehersy thing it wouldnt happen
Every marine kit would have to be redisigned, and the only xenos races mentioned are small amounts of eldar and orks. the rules wold be redisigned but almost EVERY unit would be T4/S4/3+ and there would be little variation and it would become Herohammer 40000.

Its too time and money consuming to do commercialy for GW.

If you want a prehersy army there are several good kits from online stores and GW plastics

Rules Avalibe from Bols or make your own

/ rant Over

Itd be nice if GW did it but itd make it less fun

(e.g. not original or differnt anymore)

sorry about my spelling

-Fuzz

Dingareth
03-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Ah yes, a petition is really going to make this happen. Over the internet nonetheless.

Khiran
03-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Hmmm if they did make a pre herasay codex would it include Squats?

Eyespy
03-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Ah yes, a petition is really going to make this happen. Over the internet nonetheless.

Remember that time that petition on the internet really changed things? Good times man. Good times.

Lerra
03-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I can see Forgeworld releasing Pre-Heresy stuff. I doubt GW would make a serious attempt at pre-heresy, especially when they have so many other large projects on the table. Forgeworld does very well with the niche armies, and would probably do a more in-depth job than GW, too.

imperialsavant
03-10-2010, 11:59 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/WH40kPH/petition.html

is making this to send to GW and needs Signitures

:eek: Just a "heads up" folks. Scopes & another "Urban Myth" site (I think Truth or Lies or Truth or Fiction?) recently posted the dangers of on forwarding seemingly innocent Chain Posts & On Line Petitions as these are being used to obtain email address's etc. Not saying this is indeed one of those but we should find out who are the people & organisations sponsoring the poll!

The other guy
03-11-2010, 05:13 AM
I'm not signing.
Pre-heresy does not interest me at all, im a nid player. To focus on pre-heresy would be to take away nids and many other current armies.

However, i suggest you ask for a pre-heresy army to come out of the warp, 10k years later. That could give you pre-heresy models without the removal of current races.
It could also give you interesting black library series on how the marines cope with the change, and if they would have supported the rebellion or not.

MarneusCalgar
03-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Nope in my opinion...

I play Space Wolves and Ultramarines, and I´m going to start Blood Angels...

But as said on page 1, there are at least 7 space marine chapters in the game, and from them you can either play with their succesor´s chapters... And convert them to be Pre Heresy marines. You also have the Dark Yakuza miniatures for the Primarchs, so... Why bother GW with this?

Pre Heresy and Heresy would be something bigger than Apocalypse, because Chapters counted thousand of marines, you should need a codex for every chapter... And it worths the risk, yeah, but you really think most of non marine players would like it? They surely quit the game

Aldramelech
03-11-2010, 05:53 AM
:eek: Just a "heads up" folks. Scopes & another "Urban Myth" site (I think Truth or Lies or Truth or Fiction?) recently posted the dangers of on forwarding seemingly innocent Chain Posts & On Line Petitions as these are being used to obtain email address's etc. Not saying this is indeed one of those but we should find out who are the people & organisations sponsoring the poll!

Which is why I haven't signed. I'm always very wary of handing my details to anyone these days.

Besides that there are so many existing forces crying out for attention from GW I think they'd be much better off fulfilling that commitment.

Noxx
03-11-2010, 06:55 AM
Swing and a miss, I say. "We the undersigned ask that you immediately make the things we want". Not a fan of this at all.

I found the whole icon and title a bit misleading, too. This only interests a particular group of players, and of them only a select few are going to think this petition is a good idea. It's not something I feel I need to be commanded to read.

Whine over, sorry

pgarfunkle
03-11-2010, 08:21 AM
As a Blood Angel, Guard and Tyranid player I feel I've had all the love I deserve from GW for a while and that some of the other races deserve their time in the spotlight so I'm not too bothered about a pre-heresy rule set. The only thing that would interest me would be a Sanguinius model, but then a FW model would be fine for me.

Wolfshade
03-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Three things,

Firstly, we've seen regularly on BoLS the brilliant colour schemes and conversions that people have put time and effort into to make their own pre-Hersey stuff and by making it "buy-able" would undermine their effort and ingenuity (like the pre-Heresy defilers). So if you want something have a go at doing it, there are plenty of tutorials on how to paint pre-Heresy colours, use green stuff, convert bits and pieces (thinking specifically terminators, they look awesome, might just do a squad for my first company of blood angels)

Secondly, "sprue's" argh! Sprue singular, sprues plural. No need for the apostrophe, I mean there is no ownership of the sprue in the context it is not Wolfshade's sprue.

Thirdly:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1490654&prodId=prod1140240

Jwolf
03-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Not sure of the value of the original post (no offense) and not a fan of chain letters and petitions. Honestly, if the success of the Horus book series and our blog haven't demonstrated adequate interest in the subject, I can't see a petition making any difference.

Gotthammer
03-11-2010, 10:11 AM
A good way to do it would be to make an 'Ultramarines Upgrade Sprue' - generic and some Ultra specific bitz like the Wolf, Angel and Templar sets. Also a way to release a combi-flamer, some variety to power weapons and other such stuff.

Since Ultras are generic it can be used to throw in Mk2, 3, 4 and 6 torsos and helms with generic iconography, as well as greco-roman style details such as the centurion helmet crests and 'pre-heresy' terminator shoulderpads. Not everyone interested in the older marks is pre-heresy, some of us just want vairety in our 'modern' forces.

But there are plenty of things that need doing before that, no matter how much I would like it.

fuzzbuket
03-11-2010, 10:15 AM
shouldnt CSM be using pre hersy stuff so rather than chayosifing somting youd de-chaos it!:p

david5th
03-11-2010, 10:31 AM
GW HQ -

whats that, some people have made petition saying we should make HH era figures. Sure, but how will we ever pay for such a thing, oh i know...

MORE PRICE INCREASES!!!! ( Evil laugh ).

Unless they bring out a new game system with Primarchs, The Emperor, Horus etc it's not going to happen.

MarneusCalgar
03-11-2010, 03:12 PM
And bringing that new game system to life means money they should need to make it and time to improve it, and that would mean less time on 40K...

Melissia
03-11-2010, 05:09 PM
As if I needed any more reason to say screw this crap, that'd seriously delay any future Sisters of Battle codex having to split with YET ANOTHER game system... one which revolves around twenty varieties of the same *******ED faction.

Lord Azaghul
03-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Not that I have strong opinions about it one way or the other...but why on earth are people getting so upset over it?

Its not like GW is really going to do anything about it in either case...:confused:

Just play what you want to play and be happy - or don't and stop whining!

Melissia
03-11-2010, 06:05 PM
So basically if anyone spouts a stupid idea, just let it go unopposed as if somehow magically noone disagrees with it!

What's the point of having forums if that's all that's gonna happen? Just remove them and turn this into some twitter crapfest.

Jive Tyrant
03-11-2010, 06:46 PM
If I want to play Pre-Heresy I go to Warhammer Historical. :D

Wolfshade
03-12-2010, 05:49 AM
So basically if anyone spouts a stupid idea, just let it go unopposed as if somehow magically noone disagrees with it!

What's the point of having forums if that's all that's gonna happen? Just remove them and turn this into some twitter crapfest.

Wolfshade likes this ;)

RocketRollRebel
03-12-2010, 06:57 AM
I can see Forgeworld releasing Pre-Heresy stuff. I doubt GW would make a serious attempt at pre-heresy, especially when they have so many other large projects on the table. Forgeworld does very well with the niche armies, and would probably do a more in-depth job than GW, too.

Interwebz petitions seem kinda pointless dude. Sorry. Like Lerra said, I could understand FW doing it as a neat project but not GW.

david5th
03-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Warhammer 30,000 tagline -

In the grim darkness of the not as far future there is mostly space marines.

Melissia
03-12-2010, 06:11 PM
As in 99% Space Marines, with everyone else just mentioned in comparison to how much they suck compared to Space Marines. The Imperial Army sucks because it can't win any battles without Space Marines, aliens suck becauset hey cannot win any battles AGAINST Space Marines, and everything else sucks because they don't exist yt, there's just Space Marines.

david5th
03-13-2010, 05:31 AM
As in 99% Space Marines, with everyone else just mentioned in comparison to how much they suck compared to Space Marines. The Imperial Army sucks because it can't win any battles without Space Marines, aliens suck becauset hey cannot win any battles AGAINST Space Marines, and everything else sucks because they don't exist yt, there's just Space Marines.

Exactly but too long for the tagline.;)

Duke
03-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Or you could go with something a little more online fanboy "Da emperah and his Atsartes is teh awoesmme!@!One!!! eleven!!11"

Duke

Melissia
03-13-2010, 09:50 AM

In the grim darkness of the future there are only Space Marines
(because everything else sucks)

BuFFo
03-13-2010, 10:37 AM

"In the grim darkness of the past of the future there are only Space Marines"

Gotthammer
03-13-2010, 01:07 PM

So 1st ed Epic then?

Melissia
03-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Pretty much.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
03-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Yeah lets give GW another reason to milk Space Marines.

"in the grim darkness of the past......wait who cares?

eldargal
03-14-2010, 03:43 AM
Petitions are really rather bourgois. Having said that some official love for Pre-Heresy would be nice. But not so nice that I would sign a petition.

Denzark
03-14-2010, 04:43 AM
Petitions are really rather bourgois. Having said that some official love for Pre-Heresy would be nice. But not so nice that I would sign a petition.

There's nothing quite like posh totty.... Your servant Ma'am...

Sangre
03-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Denzark! Back in your hole. We'll have none of that fenland lewdness here.

Commissar Lewis
03-14-2010, 08:02 PM
*spits out coffee*

(with apparent interest) Lewdness? Where?!

entendre_entendre
03-14-2010, 09:31 PM
*spits out coffee*

(with apparent interest) Lewdness? Where?!

Apparently you would have to be British (or have access to urban dictionary) to find it.

Sangre
03-14-2010, 10:09 PM
It's fenland lewdness. The worst kind.

Jwolf
03-15-2010, 09:09 AM
So, I think we've safely left the rails on this topic entirely now. Next!