PDA

View Full Version : Which Ahriman kit is better?

Blackcloud6
07-20-2015, 07:35 AM
I see old metal Ahrimans available on eBay for about /2 of the Finecast resin kit. Which one is the better kit?

Path Walker
07-20-2015, 07:54 AM
Depends what you like working with, its the same model but if you hate resin you're best going with metal. Newer finecast doesn't have nearly the amount of flaws reported in the beginning since FW took over the casting of it, so its really up to you.

Blackcloud6
07-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Depends what you like working with, its the same model but if you hate resin you're best going with metal. Newer finecast doesn't have nearly the amount of flaws reported in the beginning since FW took over the casting of it, so its really up to you.

Thanks. I'm fine working with either metal or resin. I probably would prefer the resin kit though as usually the molding is a finer.

daboarder
07-20-2015, 08:24 AM
if you want to convert it and dont mind patching a few holes the resin is a good choice.

Other than that you have far lower chance of miscast with the metal, and it will feel heavier....

the molds are the same, there isnt really a difference in the fineness of the detail, in fact finecast is likely to lose detial through a miscast that metal would not