PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for counters?

Mr Mystery
07-14-2015, 02:37 PM
How do?

So with a few games of AoS now under my belt, I find myself in need of some counters to help me remember who has fought, and who has what bonus this turn - just little reminder tokens like.

I'm not keen on buying some, because this is the sort of thing I have a Bitz Box for :)

What ideas have you had for such trinkets?

My main idea at the moment is a token to show which of the various units have fought in a given turn. Easy enough, as I have lots of Ogre clubs spare. Glue upright to a base, and Bob's your Auntie's live in lover. Once I've chosen a unit, pop one down next to it, neatly illustrating where I'm up to.

But then I have various other things I need to remind myself of. For instance, Ogre Bulls get wounding re-rolls for charging. I'm thinking spare gutplates.

Anyone else have any bright ideas?

Ben_S
07-14-2015, 04:28 PM
I'd like to see pictures.

I suppose it depends on your army, but most armies have some spare accessories that everyone gets loads of. Weapons options would be one, but also command bits (banners, etc) and shield bosses are common. Undead are bound to have spare skulls and grave stones.

EDIT: If you're looking for pictures of examples, I know plenty of Blood Bowl players use these various spares to make turn/re-roll counters, so Googling for those may throw up ideas.