PDA

View Full Version : Age of Sigmar Chaos Dwarf scroll for Azyr Comp System

Auticus
07-13-2015, 10:05 PM
http://www.louisvillewargaming.com/Files/ChaosDwarfs.pdf

Looking forward to testing some of this as well as I have some forge world CDs :)

marful
07-15-2015, 03:48 AM
Who wrote these rules? I ask, because some things are inconsistent.

First off, something that is overlooked is the fact that all Chaos Dwarves are wearing Blackshard Armor, yet only 1 warscroll has it listed.

My rundown from looking at them:

Infernal Guard should be 4+ save with the "Shields" re-rolling saves of 1, just like everyone else's shields.

The Infernal Ironsworn description describes them having a "shield" option, yet never giving rules for any. Also, 2 Damage each is a bit much for infantry, they should be 2 attacks, 3+ hit, 3+ wound, -1 rend and 1 damage.

Bull Centaur Renders also have a "Shield" in their equipment description, but lack rules for them.

K’daai Fireborn/Destroyer, what to-hit roll is needed for "Blazing Body"?

Magma Cannon, "Terrifying" is pointless, units that take wounds already have to take a battle shock test unless they have an ability which says they don't have to, at which point the way Terrifying is worded, would still not force a battle shock test.

Deathshrieker Rocket, the rules write should look at the Empire Hellstorm Rocket Battery but give it a 4+ to hit (+1 when an Daemonsmith is nearby) as this would be closer to how the Deathshrieker rocket worked in the Tamurkhan book. Also, maybe add "Terror" to this weapon also...

Iron Daemon, might want to add the damage from the impact hits to the chart? Also, what about rules for the Skullcracker?

Dreadquake Mortar, D6 attacks is a bit much. It should be changed to be closer to the other warmachines in the game like cannons and mortars. Change it's attacks to 2, but up the Damage to D6 wounds. "Quake" should trigger each time a unit is "hit" by the attack and shouldn't inflict unsaveable wounds. "Slow Reload" is contradictory to the wounds allocation rule, instead make it so that if the Ogre dies it loses 1 attack (going from 2 to 1) as well as the ogre attack profile.

Lastly, all of the bound Daemons and K'Daai (still Daemons) need some save vs mortal wounds (like their old ward save) as well as something in the rules for the warmachines being on carriage haulers.

Auticus
07-15-2015, 06:05 AM
It is the initial draft, I expect there will be issues that will be ironed out. Thank you for your comments I will look at them and clean the document up tonight.

The skullcracker - I didn't see a profile for it in Tamurkhan. At least not with the chaos dwarf entries. Where is it at?

Auticus
07-15-2015, 08:08 AM
Also as to this:

The Infernal Ironsworn description describes them having a "shield" option, yet never giving rules for any. Also, 2 Damage each is a bit much for infantry, they should be 2 attacks, 3+ hit, 3+ wound, -1 rend and 1 damage.

That was intentional to make them stand apart. To me the math all works evenly... if I have 10 attacks at 1 point each or 5 attacks at 2 points each the max I can do is 10 damage.