PDA

View Full Version : Crusader seals

Fellend
03-08-2010, 10:18 AM
The Crusades seal wargear says that if a model has crusader seals then the ability applies to the entire unit.
Crusader squads may buy seals for 2+ per model, so it's okay to just buy it for one?

Mycroft Holmes
03-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Sorry, no. You're required to buy the seals for each model that can (not neophytes) for the given price per model.

Fellend
03-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Why? It quite clearly states in both cases that I do not?

Nabterayl
03-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Why? It quite clearly states in both cases that I do not?

Uh, maybe we're looking at different pages, but what I see under crusader squads is "All Initiates in the squad may take crusader seals at a cost of +2 points per model." In GW-speak, "All Initiates may take" means all Initiates collectively. That is not the same as saying, "Any Initiate may take."

So while yes, a single crusader-sealed initiate would confer the benefits of his crusader seals to the entire squad, the codex does not give you the option to equip only a single initiate.

Fellend
03-08-2010, 04:21 PM
ah true, thought it was a bit strange.

MarshalAdamar
03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
I play Black Templars so I think I can shed some light on this one.

You have to buy crusader seals for the whole unit. So for Initiates it says that the UNIT may take crusader seals. So you don't have to have them, but if you do buy them they cost 2 pts per model so you have to pay 2pt X the # of models in the unit.

The only way around this is to attach an independent character.

If the Chaplain has crusader seals then any unit he joins can re roll using his seals even if they don't have them themselves.

But you can't just buy one crusader seal for one initiate; it has to be for the whole unit.