PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolves, first game

04paynem
07-03-2015, 06:28 AM
So I am just getting back into 40k after an 18 year hiatus....
For my first game back, and probably most going forward I will be joining some friends in their games.
I will combine my army with another's 1,500, very shooty army, and go up against two others to combine for 2,250.

I will admit I have no idea what works/doesn't work yet as I haven't played any games but I have created a list that looks fun and seems like it may compliment my allies army by going heavy melee.

For suggestions on tweaks I have available to me, and everything is magnetized out the wazoo for easy swapping:
HQ
-1 wolf lord on mount
-1 Ulrik
-1 Logan Grimnar
HQ/Elite
-1 Murderfang/Bjorn/Dread
Troops
-10 Grey Hunters/Bloodclaws/wolf guard
Elites
-10 Wolf Guard termies
-1 Iron priest with or without mount
Fast Attack
-9 thunderwolf calvary
-15 fenrisian wolves (counting 4 as cybers for iron priest)
Transports
-1 Razorback
-2 Drop Pods
-1 Stormwolf

I created this list, again heavy melee oriented to support a shooty ally. Comes out to 760 but they wont mind adding something to their list.
Company of the great wolf 1HQ and 2 elites required
HQ
-Ulrik
Elites
-Murderfang with a drop pod
-Iron Priest on thuderwolf and 4 cyber wolves
Fast attack
-3x Thunderwolf calvary with storm shields/chainswords
Heavy
-4x Long fang. 1 ancient with plasma gun, 1 heavy bolter, 2 missile launchers.

I'd sit ulrik back with the long fangs for the preferred enemy. Please tweak and major faults in this list. But remember this is a very friendly game, and I don't need to pack in the very best the space wolves have to offer in the 750 restrictions. However, if I built something that just completely under performs compared to something else please let me know!

MekLeN
10-24-2015, 06:51 PM
How'd it go for you so far?