PDA

View Full Version : Positive contributions

Aldramelech
03-07-2010, 04:00 PM
So apparently, according to the High Lord Buffo my sole contribution to this forum is this:

Why? I would miss the spam posters like you who have nothing better to do than give 2 word responses to everything to up your post count and make your ePeen feel big.

So, whilst in no way looking for support or wanting any praise please, Id like to know if there is a general consensus of opinion on this.

If a majority agree with Mr. Buffo I'll quite happily go somewhere else where my input is appreciated.

Akkon Sek
03-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Don't sweat it. Consider the source.

-Dryw

(Six words, plus name)

Melissia
03-07-2010, 04:17 PM
You really shouldn't care what he thinks.

fuzzbuket
03-07-2010, 04:20 PM
dont worry

Denzark
03-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Mr A ignore this individual. Mess Webley, 1 round, bottle of whiskey, see if he'll do the decent thing...

Nabterayl
03-07-2010, 04:31 PM
I value your contributions.

Akkon Sek
03-07-2010, 04:41 PM
dont worry

THIS was the answer _I_ should have given.

Two words. poast cownt +1.

Brilliant sir. You now have a fan in me.

Polonius
03-07-2010, 05:25 PM
One of the ways that people deflect criticism from themselves is to go on the offensive, and accuse others of their own flaws. In doing so, it makes any retaliation, no matter how true, simply seem like "nuh uh, you are!" You see this is politics all the time, one of the best examples might be in climate change research. Pretty much all of the research done showing that the climate either isn't changing or is unrelated to people's actions are funded by the petroleum industry, making it suspect. Go into any discussion about climate change, and what you'll hear are deniers accusing scientists of pushing climate change research to secure more funding, or because they have stakes in green technology. In short, accuse them of what you're guilty of before they do. It's effective enough to distract people, and stops any serious discussion about the underlying issue for a while. (I'm not making a statement about climate change per se, just pointing out a fact).

It's basically the same thing here. I've been here a while, and there seem to be a pretty good mix of people like you'd find in any forum. Contributors, chatters, jerks that still contribute, and trolls. It happens. But as anybody whose been online a while will tell you, nobody calls people trolls more often than the biggest jackass in the room.

Commissar Lewis
03-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Yeah, Ad, man you're pretty cool. Buffo, man, he tends to be a bit pompous at times. His rules knowledge is good, but his personal skills IMO are a bit iffy.

Sangre
03-07-2010, 06:02 PM
If I let everything everyone told me about myself sink in I'd be a very depressed individual.

Jwolf
03-07-2010, 06:38 PM
This is an example of a thread that is either best handled by a PM discussion between 2 individuals or reports.

We can add an area for this type of post, if there is demand, but this is not a 40K general discussion, even in the most liberal sense.