PDA

View Full Version : Tau Battlesuits

Hendrik Booraem VI
06-28-2015, 03:59 PM
I used to think that Tau battlesuits, especially the Broadside, were Relentless, or at least, Slow and Purposeful. But after scouring the Tau Codex today, I don't think they are. This makes a big difference to my son's Broadside. Did Tau battlesuits used to be slow and purposeful? Are they still? If so, where do I find the information on it?

Houghten
06-28-2015, 04:59 PM
The Broadside is the only Battlesuit not to be Relentless; the others all get it by virtue of their type (Jet Pack Infantry - see The Rules, page 66).

Hendrik Booraem VI
06-28-2015, 07:44 PM
Got it! Thanks. Weird that the Broadside is NOT relentless, though. Seems like they'd have made it Slow and Purposeful at least.

CoffeeGrunt
06-29-2015, 03:05 AM
Used to be able to buy an upgrade to do that in the previous Codex. Not anymore, though.

Jewelfox
06-29-2015, 11:18 AM
Used to be able to buy an upgrade to do that in the previous Codex. Not anymore, though.

Huh. :\ I didn't know that. Didn't they nerf the rail rifle or something, too?

I seem to recall that in the Dawn of War games the Broadside had to, like, lock into position to fire. Maybe taking away Relentless simulates that. >_<

Sanguinius113
07-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Huh. :\ I didn't know that. Didn't they nerf the rail rifle or something, too?

I seem to recall that in the Dawn of War games the Broadside had to, like, lock into position to fire. Maybe taking away Relentless simulates that. >_<

The broadsides Heavy real rifle used to just be the Rail gun, the S10 version mounted on a Hammerhead. They got Nerfd a little with only S8 HRR now. Now you can chose between 1 S8 shot or four S7 shots. Since GW wanted us to replace our old broadsides, they could have at least not made the HRR lame(imo) compared to the high yields. The models are prettier, they'd of sold well regardless....