PDA

View Full Version : Warlord Pre-Order.

Mr Mystery
06-26-2015, 01:50 AM
Via Forge World 6-26-2015

It Walks!

The colossal Mars pattern Warlord Titan is among the most ancient and feared of the Imperium’s war machines. Forged on the Red Planet itself, it is worshipped and venerated as the Omnissiah’s will incarnate, and each god-engine is encased in layered armour and powerful void shielding, and armed with weapons that are capable of reducing armies to ash.

In addition to its ardex-defensor mauler bolt cannon and lascannon turrets, support weapons that would be considered main armaments on smaller war machines, the Warlord is commonly fitted with a pair of carapace-mounted triple-barrelled laser blasters and two Belicosa
pattern Volcano cannon.

The Belicosa pattern Volcano cannon is one of the most potent energy weapons produced by the forges of the Mechanicum. It is so fearsome infact that only the plasma reactor of the Warlord Titan can feed its ravenous appetite for power and make possible the destruction of the most terrible foes of Mankind. The Warlord’s triple-barrelled laser blasters are also immensely powerful weapons, created to destroy entire squadrons of armoured vehicles in each blazing volley.

By far the most impressive model we have ever produced, the Mars pattern Warlord Titan stands at over 22 inches tall and weighs more than twice that of a Reaver Titan. Consisting of more than 200 parts, this huge model is amazingly poseable and immensely detailed, from its pistons, vents and access hatches to the intricately designed cockpit and crew inside its head and the embossed icons on its armour plates. It will truly be the pinnacle of any collection and will dominate any battlefield it is placed on.

The rules for using the Mars Warlord Battle Titan can be found in The Horus Heresy Book Five - Tempest and may be used in both games set during the Horus Heresy and in standard games of Warhammer 40,000, in which case the Mars Warlord Battle Titan is a Lords of War choice for Armies of the Imperium and Chaos Space Marines.

The Mars pattern Warlord Titan Body, Mars-Alpha pattern Warlord Titan Head, Mars pattern Warlord Belicosa Volcano Cannon and Mars pattern Warlord Titan Laser Blasters are each multi-part resin kits which together build a complete Mars pattern Warlord Titan. You will need two Mars pattern Warlord Belicosa Volcano Cannon to complete the Warlord Titan.

Take a look at the Mars pattern Warlord Titan in the latest video from the Forge World Visual Feed (below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HcktKHm_OU

---- Original Post -----
GIVE ME YOUR KIDNEYS. I NEEDS THEM. BECAUSE REASONS.

£1,240 worth of dakkadakkajoyjoy (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/MARS_ALPHA_PATTERN_WARLORD_TITAN.html)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/99560108140_MarsPatternWarlordTitanBody16.jpg

Want head? That'll be £60 love. (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/MARS_ALPHA_PATTERN_WARLORD_TITAN_HEAD.html)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/99560108140_MarsPatternWarlordTitanHead02.jpg

Houghten
06-26-2015, 02:01 AM
...the head.

The head is separate.

The HEAD. Is separate.

Are they planning to sell some different heads later on?

(p.s. that's not dakkadakkajoy; volcano cannons and laser blasters don't fire shells but lasers. That would make it zzotzzotjoy)

Mr Mystery
06-26-2015, 02:25 AM
Still dakka!

Houghten
06-26-2015, 02:26 AM
You is mukkin' about.

Kirsten
06-26-2015, 02:44 AM
It really is beautiful. Time to begin my long planned career in bank robbery

Mr Mystery
06-26-2015, 02:58 AM
Launder the money through my organ-legging service?

Filthy Casual
06-26-2015, 03:08 AM
...the head.

The head is separate.

The HEAD. Is separate.

(p.s. that's not dakkadakkajoy; volcano cannons and laser blasters don't fire shells but lasers. That would make it zzotzzotjoy)

They showed different Head Patterns at the Warhammer World Grand Opening.

RGilbert26
06-26-2015, 03:44 AM
I think I just messed myself :P

Brakkart
06-26-2015, 04:08 AM
...the head.

The head is separate.

The HEAD. Is separate.

There already is an exclusive head for this thing that's sold at Warhammer World I believe, and it has two Bolt Cannon turrets under the carapace so there's the dakkadakka!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2015, 04:28 AM
Did someone say.... Dakka?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
06-26-2015, 04:37 AM
Hnnnnng.

tuo
06-26-2015, 05:36 AM
Pre-Order: check
Smoke Emmiter ordered: check (for the top exhausts)
Ultra-bright LEDs ordered: check (to give it a "Terminator Hunter Killer Tank" look, with the searchlight emitting under the carapace)

Saved so long for this thing (and actually - with every single order at Forge World - wrote "Warlord Titan" when beeing asked what they should produce...for a couple years actually)

Now I'm broke, but in a couple of months, I have a smoking Warlord Titan. That has to be good for something :)

Mr Mystery
06-26-2015, 05:37 AM
Lung cancer? :p

Rob-O
06-26-2015, 05:54 AM
Bought.

Will go well with my titans that turned up last week,
Warhound
Reaver
3 cerastas (1 of each)
4 paladin/warden kits
2 Questoris
Phantom
Revanant

Does this qualify as a mid life crisis?:D

Mr Mystery
06-26-2015, 05:58 AM
I think it does!

tuo
06-26-2015, 06:11 AM
What should I say?

Three Warhounds (1x Armorcast, 2x FW)
Three Reavers (1x Armorcast, 2x FW (one Chaos, one converted to Chaos)
One Warlord (from Titan Manufactorum)
Two Phantoms (1x Armorcast, 1x FW)

and now another Warlord ;)

And since my 3D Printer arrived today, I will take a VERY close look while building the Warlord of it aint possible to use it as a base for an Imperator and print the needes parts in 3D. After all, an Imperator is not that much bigger than a Warlord when it comes to height of Head / Shoulders etc., so maybe it could work as a basis, with modified legs, head, arm weapons and of course shoulder built. Thinking about it...it's cool that they sell the basic Warlord even without head :D

But one Titan after another...

PS: collected over nearly twenty years ;)

Defenestratus
06-26-2015, 06:47 AM
I've been up and over the titan craze mountain.

Looking to divest now.

Still think that the FW warlord is too small but alas...

Houghten
06-26-2015, 06:48 AM
All you people buying Warlords... I'm going to have to step up my game.

IT'S MEGA GARGANT TIME!

*snaps welding goggles dramatically* Ow!

Erik Setzer
06-26-2015, 07:34 AM
Eh... I won't deny it's a really nice looking thing... but I can't see dropping nearly $2000 for it. That's a ridiculous amount of money I could use for a lot of other stuff, including entire armies to play multiple different games, or even two more armies for a GW game, or buy a new console and all the good games and still have money left over, etc. I can't see a time I'd ever play with one, since I barely get in Apoc matches, and it's going to be a pain to transport and all. And I'm also uncomfortable with its rules. I just don't do well with dropping tons of cash on shelf models.

Does make me nostalgic for Space Marine/Titan Legions, though. Bring that back and I'll get a bunch of Titans!

At least given that Orks are my top army, I can ignore GW's refusal to make a Gargant and just build my own from all kinds of scrap, pretty cheaply. Only problem will be making a proper set of rules and getting people to agree to let me use it.

Asymmetrical Xeno
06-26-2015, 07:50 AM
Eh... I won't deny it's a really nice looking thing... but I can't see dropping nearly $2000 for it. That's a ridiculous amount of money I could use for a lot of other stuff, including entire armies to play multiple different games, or even two more armies for a GW game, or buy a new console and all the good games and still have money left over, etc. I can't see a time I'd ever play with one, since I barely get in Apoc matches, and it's going to be a pain to transport and all. And I'm also uncomfortable with its rules. I just don't do well with dropping tons of cash on shelf models.

Does make me nostalgic for Space Marine/Titan Legions, though. Bring that back and I'll get a bunch of Titans!

At least given that Orks are my top army, I can ignore GW's refusal to make a Gargant and just build my own from all kinds of scrap, pretty cheaply. Only problem will be making a proper set of rules and getting people to agree to let me use it.

I miss Epic too, Erik. Was actually my fave GW game too.

Yeah, it's cool but I would never spend that much money on a single model - but each to their own. I would spend that much money on other equally ridiculous things so i'm not one to judge :D

Mr Mystery
06-26-2015, 08:06 AM
I could save up for one....but it's so far beyond my competency and confidence with resin it's not funny.

Shall wait for Effing Enormous Si to get one. We all know he will!

Erik Setzer
06-26-2015, 09:23 AM
I could save up for one....but it's so far beyond my competency and confidence with resin it's not funny.

Well, add a similar reason to my list of problems with it... I'm sure I can do it justice, but it took me two weeks to do a single Knight. A Warlord Titan will take months. That's months I'm not working on other projects.

Mr Mystery
06-26-2015, 09:25 AM
Part of the value of such a large kit, from a modellers point of view. Lots to do on it.

40kGamer
06-26-2015, 11:41 AM
I'm still learning to love the carapace shell.

Erik Setzer
06-26-2015, 11:44 AM
Part of the value of such a large kit, from a modellers point of view. Lots to do on it.

I have a large enough queue, I've got plenty to do. :D

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still learning to love the carapace shell.

I never fell out of love with it. I'm glad that they brought it back.

tuo
06-26-2015, 11:57 AM

Shall wait for Effing Enormous Si to get one. We all know he will!

Get something similar to a Dremel.

Get some threaded metal rods for pinning (I prefer threaded ones as the pick up more glue and you can cut threads in one part of the resin to fix them even better).

Get something to cut threads into resin (optional, see above, but you might want to make weapons changeable, and this helps quite a lot).

Get 2k epoxy glue (I bought two 1 kilogram cans of thism which serves me since years: http://www.uhu.com/de/produkte/2-komponenten-klebstoffe/detail/uhu-plus-endfest-3002-k-epoxidharzkleber.html?cHash=7cccac02b5592e62bc0038 becaa1054d )

Get a good hacksaw and (I hope google translated that right) mechanic's nippers (this stuff: https://www.grube.de/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x/6bb9ab271d543307f3b59c88daa81745/a/r/art_17-540_1.jpg.jpg)

With that stuff on your workbench: happy titan building :)

Mr Mystery
06-29-2015, 05:31 AM
Will still end up glued to my head....

40kGamer
06-29-2015, 09:52 AM
I never fell out of love with it. I'm glad that they brought it back.

Well I truly love the original MK0 and MK1 Beetleback turtle shells... this one looks a little too Imperial Knight like for my taste. I really Love the Mars Pattern Warhound and Reaver and really wish they had kept that aesthetic.

tuo
06-30-2015, 02:56 AM
Will still end up glued to my head....

"You have a Warlord glued to your head..."

"Tis but a scratch!" ;)

BTW: Mine just got despatched...ohboyohboyohboy....

Psychosplodge
06-30-2015, 03:17 AM
Ok I'm jealous. Not that I'd probably ever build or paint it, but I really kinda want one anyway.

tuo
06-30-2015, 03:50 AM
I didn't intend to come across like "look at me, I ordered one", hope that isn't the case. If it was, I'm sorry. Didn't want to make anyone jealous. English is not my native tongue, so I might come across quite different than intended :/

Psychosplodge
06-30-2015, 03:56 AM
Don't worry I don't think you have.

Doesn't stop me wanting one :D

40kGamer
06-30-2015, 10:13 AM
I really love the Mars Pattern Hound and Reaver... Wish this was just a little closer to that carapace style.

tuo
07-03-2015, 05:09 AM
Holy moly...that's a lot of stuff....

Kirsten
07-03-2015, 05:16 AM

Rob-O
07-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Just put mine on the scales, just under 13kg for all boxes. :eek:

tuo
07-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Every angle of this beast is detailed! Everything...but one.

What's up with that huge, undetailed split on it's crotch? Sure, from the front, the shield hides it (allthough all other parts where a shield is in front are detailed). From the back, you still see it.

Mark my words: that's where the huge daemon tail of the Banelord attaches for the Chaos Version :D :D :D

Okay, I am joking a little bit, but after having built everything now (okay...one arm weapon is missing) and starting to paint it, I thought about the Chaos version.

If you look at the two boxes, they could easily leave one box as it is. Mainly the one which forms most parts of the basic structure. And just add Chaos Versions of all the shielding and upper torso, plus chaos symbols to add to the cannons (like they did with the Reaver). As the heads are split from the main set, and they already said that they will bring out different heads, they truly could follow up with a Chaos version quite quickly (oh dear...my bank account :( ). Warped versions of all the shielding, one chaos undivided head.....AND ONE BANELORD HEAD PLUS TAIL, WOHOOOO :)

Psychosplodge
07-09-2015, 01:55 AM
That's an impressive pile of boxes.

Kirsten
07-09-2015, 04:01 AM
never really been a massive fan of titans in 40k. they are cool and everything, but too big to interest me. I have to say though, this is pretty damn cool.

Defenestratus
07-09-2015, 09:26 AM
Holy moly...that's a lot of stuff....

Thats a lot nicer than the way they package the phantom.

Thats for sure.

tuo
07-11-2015, 03:20 AM
Might sound cheesy, but the whole "experience" of building this thing is far above everything FW produced in the past. And nice packaging also fits right in there. They continue what they started with the Horus Heresy Character Series, which also come in a very nice box where the unboxing itself gives the kit some kind of "worthiness" or however one would say that. Not like in the past "here's a bunch of plastic bags with stuff, here is a bad picture of how it should look in the end...good luck" ;)

To be honest, I never spent any thought about building a second Warhound for example. It simply was not fun. I haven't event finished the Imperial Marauder bomber yet (since about six years), because after greenstuffing here and there and over there because NOTHING fit, I built other things which were more fun.

The Warlord? I'd build another one any time if I could. It's kinda like comparing the Forge World Baneblade (wouldn't build another one if somebody would pay me for it) to the GW plastic Baneblade.

Mr Mystery
07-11-2015, 06:29 AM
Is there anything particularly fiddly? Like tiny pipes and that?

Erik Setzer
07-11-2015, 07:31 AM
Well, when you're charging $2000 for a model, you should at least try to make sure it arrives in decent condition and the person can have a clue how to assemble the 500 pieces, especially as doing those things doesn't cost them much money.

MajorWesJanson
07-11-2015, 10:37 PM
Is there anything particularly fiddly? Like tiny pipes and that?

Small fiddly, no. The feet are a dream after the Reaver and Warhound. No leg pistons. Hip pistons are easier than the reaver, on par with the warhound. The only problem area is the torso. It is so large and made up of 10 parts coming together to form the body that all have to fit correctly together. I'm still working on test fitting it before I get around to attaching parts together for real.

The thing goes together rather intuitively. And most detail bits are molded onto larger sections of the model, rather than being separate cables or pistons you have to fit and attach.

tuo
07-14-2015, 04:06 PM
I have built the whole titan spare the shields (painting it currently)

As MajorWesJanson said, don't mind the legs...a dream to build. The upper torso - to my experience - has one single cause for problems. You basically build two walls left and right, consisting of two very large pieces, one on top each other. The front - where the head is - is also one piece. All of this fits together perfectly. The back consists of three pieces. The lower piece where the "door" to the walkway is, and the piece above you have to glue together. It is basically the only piece in the whole kit which doesn't "guide you" 100% on how to glue it. This might case a millimetre here or there (sorry, metric system in my country). On top of that whole thing goes a large, slightly round piece beeing the upper carapace. On top of that, two other large slightly round/bend pieces go, the structure where the shield emitters sit. To make it more complacited (and even harder to explain), this part has to perfectly join another part on each end of its curved shape, beeing the intake in front, and the exhaust on the back. This whole construction was the only piece on my whole kit where slight errors in fitting added up, and the pieces itself not beeing at exactly the same angle added up. So I chose to put the one missing millimetre (it wasn't more, over such a large surface) to the front, where it can be easily green stuffed, and nobody will ever see it.

Seriously, from the whole kit, every single piece, I only had this discrepancy of about 1mm for all the large, curved pieces of the upper torso adding up.

In my book, that's ace for a resin model, where the parts are of that scale AND about fifteen of them all beeing curved have to fit together.