PDA

View Full Version : Blowing off the dust - Marine 1850!

Sonikgav
06-20-2015, 01:11 AM
I haven't played My Original Marine Army since the end of the 4th Edition with the Death of the Traits system.

I ran a list using 'Swift as the Wind' and 'Honour Your Wargear' to create a Fast attack force of Troop Bikes and Infiltrating Elite Devastators. To fill it out i also added Scouts for extra Troops and Assault Marines to add a combat element.

They became mostly unplayable from 5th edition onwards (Devs modelled with Multi Meltas sucked at full Deployment range) but with the arrival of the new book (and one formation in particular... you know whats coming) i think i can just about dust them off again in an Ultramarine/White Scar Combo.

CAD Chapter Tactics: White Scars
- Kahn - Moondrakken - 150
- Command Squad - Apothecary, Grav Gun x4, Storm Shield x4, Bikes - 240
- Bike Squad x4 - Grav Gun x2 - 114
- Bike Squad x4 - Grav Gun x2 - 114
- Drop Pod - Deathwind Launcher - 50

Skyhammer Annihilation Force Chapter Tactics: Ultramarines
- Assault Marines x10 - Vet Sargeant, Power Sword - 195
- Assault Marines x10 - Vet Sargeant, Power Sword - 195
- Devastator Marines x10 - Multi Melta x4, Drop Pod - 215 (Combat Squad on Arrival)
- Devastator Marines x10 - Multi Melta x4, Drop Pod - 215 (Combat Squad on Arrival)

10th Company Task Force Chapter Tactics: Ultramarines
- Scout Bikes - Locator Beacon, Mines - 84

Allied Detachment
- Culexus Assassin - 140

Total = 1875

Because the Warhammer World 'Standard' Points limit is now 1875 (something to do with 1850 not being able to field a pure Knight Titan force?) ive gone up a little bit, and with the Rise of all these Conclaves and Councils and Hive Minds and whatever Chaos brings i think a Culexus could be a hell of a good call going forward so gonna try it out. Especially since i dont run Psykers myself i can channel all of my (well, 1 to 3) Casting dice into the Animus Speculum. With Psykers around it just gets better.

A little light on the Anti Air but should be able to hit hard and fast enough to play almost as i had originally intended them. I need a good evocative new Chapter name though. The old one was a little cheesy.