PDA

View Full Version : The chaos faction

angkor what?
06-19-2015, 02:35 PM
With the recent addition of factions being put into the eg Adeptus astartes: space marines style of codex. What does this mean for chaos as a whole? And what will they name it?
My preference would be something like this

Codex chaos:-
Khorne daemonkin
Slaanesh daemonkin
Nurgle daemonkin
Tzeentch daemonkin
Traitor astartes
Renegade astartes
Forge of souls (dark mechanicum)

What do you think? How do you see the future of the chaos faction?

Asymmetrical Xeno
06-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Dark mechanicum would be cool. Want to see some cool chaotic xenos (not corrupt versions of existing ones) too though. At least stuff like that is actually almost feasable these days.

Mr.Gold
06-19-2015, 04:47 PM
mmm... the traitor astartes would be few in number, very corrupt, veterans, ws &bs 5 daemon weapons etc. where as the renegades would have more modern tech, e.g. 0-3 out of SM vehicles etc. no fearless , LD7-8 etc. and inexpencive maybe around 10 pts. but also daemonic units limited, (sort of between the traitors and imperium).

Fueldrop
06-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Bring back the lost and the damned!

angkor what?
06-20-2015, 06:50 AM
Lost and the damned are back in a glorious way with imperial armour 13!

Big guns, astartes manned tanks and aircraft. Traitor guard, local popoulace, mutant rabble more daemon engined. What more could you want? ....Well better actual chaos space marines I suppose and is all about there being a few point reductions.

Voltigeur
06-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Lost and the damned are back in a glorious way with imperial armour 13!

Big guns, astartes manned tanks and aircraft. Traitor guard, local popoulace, mutant rabble more daemon engined. What more could you want? ....Well better actual chaos space marines I suppose and is all about there being a few point reductions.

This. IA13 is a great way to do Lost and the Damned. It's super fun to play and actually has really decent options. The only odd thing about it is some units have a random leadership value, but if you play Chaos you should be used to random tables by this point.

angkor what?
06-20-2015, 02:08 PM
True that but with all the ways to circumvent the randomness of the Ld with the options to get rerolls, using nearby better Ld and the enforcers it almost become reliable.

Edit:: I elected to leave out a full daemon codex as it just seems unnecessary with those darmonkin books don't you think