PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Iron Hands infantry list

Hendrik Booraem VI
06-17-2015, 07:31 AM
I wanted to take advantage of the new double Demi-company formation and get all the free Razorbacks, and thought I'd see if I could come up with a list that would be passable.

Chapter Tactics – Iron Hands: It Will Not Die for characters and vehicles, +1 to techmarine rolls, 6+ Feel No Pain save for infantry

Demi-Company #1

Captain (115 points)
-Power sword, melta bombs, Storm Bolter

Tac Squad x3 (165 points each)
10 Marines – Multi-melta, Plasma Gun (FREE Rhino x3)

Assault Squad (105 points)
-5 assault marines – jump packs, sgt with power axe, melta bombs (FREE Razorback)

Devastator squad (130 points)
-Sergeant w/chainsword and bolter, 4x ML (FREE Razorback)

Demi-Company #2

Chaplain (95 points)
-Melta-bombs, bolt pistol, crozius Arcanum

Tac squad #1 (110 points)
-5 marines – flamer, sgt w/TH+Bolt pistol, melta bombs (FREE Razorback)
Tac squad #2 (95 points)
-5 marines – flamer, sgt w/power sword, bolt pistol, melta bombs (FREE Razorback)
Tac squad #3 (90 points)
-5 marines – flamer, sgt w/chainsword, combi-flamer, melta bombs (FREE Razorback)

Land Speeder squadron (160 points)
-Land Speeder x2 – Heavy bolter, Assault Cannon

Devastator Squad (120 points)
-SGT w/chainsword+bolter, 2x Plasma cannon, 2x Heavy Bolter (FREE Razorback)

Techmarine w/Servoharness + bolt pistol (75 points)

Techmarine w/bolt pistol and servo-arm (50 points)

Predator Squadron (360 points)
-3x Predator w/TL LC + Heavy Bolters

I know that it doesn't make a lot of sense to add in the extra weapons on the sergeants, but it's how I have them modeled and how I tell them apart. I don't play competitively, really, so it's not a big loss of points, all things considered. My basic idea is for the Devastators and the Predators to provide a strong base of fire, and for the 1st company to push against the enemy in their rhinos, with flanking support from 2nd company, the land speeders, and the assault squad. I should be able to capture objectives effectively, and plan to keep the techmarine with the harness with the predators at all times.

That being said, would it make more sense to swap out the 2nd company's razorbacks for drop pods so the 5-man tac squads could deep strike instead of having to drive across the board?

The environment I play in, I face mostly swarm armies - Tyranids, Orks, Imperial Guard. With this list, I pay for 2000 points of units and get 435 points of transports free. The transports all get IWND, and with the Techmarines, I can really do a lot to keep my Predator squadron intact and benefiting from the new rules as well.

Sonikgav
06-17-2015, 10:31 AM
The thing is, adding those Predators, solo like that, and the Techmarines makes this list unbound (theyre not part of a CAD or a legal Formation of their own) so that (iirc) negates the Demi Company rules.

You could break the Predators up into 3 seperate units, and with one of the Techmarines count it as an Armored Task Force formation but you lose the bonus rule (Tank/Monster Hunters) of taking a unit of 3 Predators.

Hendrik Booraem VI
06-17-2015, 01:20 PM
The thing is, adding those Predators, solo like that, and the Techmarines makes this list unbound (theyre not part of a CAD or a legal Formation of their own) so that (iirc) negates the Demi Company rules.

You could break the Predators up into 3 seperate units, and with one of the Techmarines count it as an Armored Task Force formation but you lose the bonus rule (Tank/Monster Hunters) of taking a unit of 3 Predators.

Ouch. I didn't realize that (I don't have the new codex yet).

So, I can take the Double Demi-Company as my primary formation, but if I add anything to it as another, um, detachment or whatever, then I lose the special rules associated with it? That would mean that the Double Demi-Company would be the only thing you could field? Or is it just that the Predators aren't part of a legit FOC the way they're organized?

Hendrik Booraem VI
06-17-2015, 01:31 PM
What if I changed it like this:

Chapter Tactics – Iron Hands: It Will Not Die for characters and vehicles, +1 to techmarine rolls, 6+ Feel No Pain save for infantry

Demi-Company #1

Captain (115 points)
-Power sword, melta bombs, Storm Bolter

Tac Squad x2 (165 points each)
10 Marines – Multi-melta, Plasma Gun (FREE Rhino x2)
Tac Squad #3 (75 points)
5 marines - flamer, Sgt w/bolt pistol and chainsword (FREE Razorback)

Assault Squad (105 points)
-5 assault marines – jump packs, sgt with power axe, melta bombs (FREE Razorback)

Devastator squad (130 points)
-Sergeant w/chainsword and bolter, 4x ML (FREE Razorback)

Demi-Company #2

Chaplain (95 points)
-Melta-bombs, bolt pistol, crozius Arcanum

Tac squad #1 (110 points)
-5 marines – flamer, sgt w/TH+Bolt pistol, melta bombs (FREE Razorback)
Tac squad #2 (95 points)
-5 marines – flamer, sgt w/power sword, bolt pistol, melta bombs (FREE Razorback)
Tac squad #3 (90 points)
-5 marines – flamer, sgt w/chainsword, combi-flamer, melta bombs (FREE Razorback)

Land Speeder squadron (160 points)
-Land Speeder x2 – Heavy bolter, Assault Cannon

Devastator Squad (120 points)
-SGT w/chainsword+bolter, 2x Plasma cannon, 2x Heavy Bolter (FREE Razorback)

Standard CAD
Librarian - bolter, force weapon (65 points)

Techmarine w/servo-arm + bolt pistol (50 points)

Techmarine w/bolt pistol and servo-arm (50 points)

Scout Squad x2 (55 points each)
-4 scouts, sgt, no upgrades

Predator Squadron (300 points)
-3x Predator w/TL LC

If I understood it right, I added an HQ and two troops to the Predators to make them legal (I hope!). The scouts can actually get the jump on some objectives now, although the librarian is pretty much a waste. Guess I'd keep the anti-horde devastators (relatively) near the Predators, and attach him to that unit after a turn, with the chaplain rolling with one of his tac squads, and the captain rolling with the assault marines in his company.

Path Walker
06-17-2015, 01:39 PM
No more IWND on Characters as well but the FNP is now a +1 that stacks with other sources

Sonikgav
06-17-2015, 03:22 PM
You do have 3 HQ's in that CAD but im assuming thats the Iron Hands special HQ rule. Other than that its looking good.

warcommissar1
07-02-2015, 06:27 PM
You do have 3 HQ's in that CAD but im assuming thats the Iron Hands special HQ rule. Other than that its looking good.

formations dont count toward force org limits

warcommissar1
07-02-2015, 06:28 PM
formations dont count towards forceorg