PDA

View Full Version : Iron Hands 1850 Tournament List (new book)

Sonikgav
06-13-2015, 02:43 AM
Clan Raukaan

CAD - Chapter Tactics - Iron Hands
Captain - Bike, Gorgons Chain, PowerFist/Lightning Claw, Artificer Armor - 215
Veterans - Apothecary, Grav Gun x4, Storm Shield x4, Bikes - 240
Ironclad Dreadnaught - Heavy Flamer x2, Drop Pod - 180
Marines x5 - Rhino - 105
Marines x5 - Rhino - 105

Vindicator x3 - Siege Shields - 390
Vindicator x3 - Siege Shields - 390
Stalker x3 - 225

Total = 1850

Totally abandoned the Formations and reduced down to a CAD as i felt i REALLY needed some AA. Couldnt really thin any other points out without breaking the Armored Task Force so in the end i just did. I may rebuild it if and when i go up to 2k

Basic Tactic is to Shell the living hell out of my opponent with either 2 S10 Apocalyptic Blasts, or 6 S10 Large Blasts to annihilate a good portion of my their forces. Veteran unit has a 4+ Feel No Pain (which theyre gonna need as soon as someone realises how dangerous they are with all that Grav). This also means the Captain is a T5 Eternal Warrior with 'It Will Not Die', a 2+/3++/3+FNP (2+ FNP if he gets the Warlord Trait) Save and strikes with 5 attacks on the charge at either I5/S4/AP3 or I1/S8/AP2.

Finally theres 2 Rhino Squads to go off and capture objectives and the Dreadnaught which drops in on turn 1 to give my opponent a more 'Danger Close' AV13 target to worry about so my Vindi's have a better time getting into effective range. Havent decided if im keeping the Meltagun yet. A Single shot at a Tank may not be as good as 2 Heavy Flamers.

Thoughts?

Hendrik Booraem VI
06-17-2015, 07:19 AM
Looks cool. Your plan is clearly to wipe your opponent off the map using the new formations - I like it!

But, forgive my ignorance, how does the apothecary turn the Chapter Tactics 6+ FNP save into a 4+ for the unit as a whole, and what gives the Captain a 3+ FNP? Again, I apologize for being ignorant of this...

Sonikgav
06-17-2015, 10:01 AM
I'm not using the Chapter Tactics to bestow FNP on this unit (Like i am for the Tactical Marines), i'm using it to Augment +1 onto the Apothecaries power.

The Apothecary gives standard FNP which is 5+
Iron Hands Chapter Tactics adds +1 so its 4+ for the unit
Captain has the Iron Chain which adds an additional +1 so 3+ for him.

Sonikgav
06-18-2015, 10:06 PM
Edited the list to try a few new ideas.

Sonikgav
06-19-2015, 11:52 PM
Ok. One last edit.

Decided the Whirlwinds werent really doing it but wanted to keep the Formation though as much as i like it im also considering dropping this to a CAD as im finding it a noticable pain to keep the Techmarine close enough to the Vindicators to be effective.

Might even replace the Techmarine and the Whirlwind with another Podding Iron Clad or even a Biker Librarian/Chaplain though not quite as 'Iron Hands' fluffy. Ill keep testing.