PDA

View Full Version : 40k Night Lords: 1850+ Campaign Fluff list.

Dont-Be-Haten
06-09-2015, 11:33 AM
'Lo BoLS,

A few of my friends and I are working on a campaign to be played in the following months based around an undisclosed time frame between the 39-40th millennium. Its basically a way for us to build new armies throughout the summer, and/or add to our existing addictions. We have some pretty awesome stuff in mind with the game, gaining special rules as the game progresses etc. And I've been a long time fan of the Night Lords as far as the Evil-Marines go. Although, I'm not a huge fan of mutations, and "gifts" given by the fickle four, I do like what the Bruce Waynes of space bring to me both from a hobby perspective, and aesthetically on the table top. Without going into too much further Detail I'll explain a few of my choices, and at the end would like to recieve your C&C on if I made this a fluffy enough list or not. There are a few models that I have converted for this list already just as creativity has flowed, so those particular units will be firm in the list.

With out further jargon, here's my up to 1850 list that will probably end around 2500.

HQs Total 300 points

Vadim, the Bringer of Crows (This is for all intense and purposes in Huron Black-Heart)

Alricht, of the Red Mist (The eye of the crow, confidant to Vadim)
Sorcerer: Mastery Level 3
Tactical Dreadnought Armor
Veteran of the Long War

Troops Total 470 points

12th Talon
Arus, The Right Talon
1 Power Sword
10 Marines
2 Plasma Guns
Veterans of the Long War
The Taker of Names (Rhino with Dirge Caster)

12th Talon
Orwen, The Left Talon
1 Power Sword
10 Marines
2 Plasma Guns
Veterans of the Long War
The Death Bringer (Rhino with Dirge Caster)

Elite Total 474 points

The Eternal Midnight
Zephyr, The Claimer
3 Tactical Dreadnought Armor
3 Combi-Meltas
1 Chain Fist

The Eternal Slumber
Vanberk, The Crusher of Dreams
3 Tactical Dreadnought Armor
3 Combi-Meltas
1 Chain Fist

The Aegis
Alyut, The Red Talon
6 Tactical Dreadnought Armor
3 Combi-Meltas
1 Heavy Flamer
2 Power Fist
1 Lightning Claw

Fast Attack Total 450 points

Ragshelm, the Unbound (HellDrake)
Bale Flamer

The Crows of Dreaded Nightmare
Zegar, the Winged Menace
5 Raptors
2 Melta-Guns
1 Lightning Claw
Veterans of the Long War

The Crows of Unquenched Fear
Stein, the Champion of Vadim
5 Raptors
2 Melta-Guns
1 Lightning Claw
Veterans of the Long War

Heavy Support Total 154 points

The Cloud of Sorrow
Weiss, the Bringer of Rain
8 Havocs
4 Auto-Cannons

The total points is 1848.

I think it will be a very fun start up list, and I've tried to incorporate some of the strengths of the Night Lords, while still adhering to my interpretation of their story lines. Showing more to be self glorified, than to worship any of the four, and the areas of their strengths. With Vadim being able to infiltrate D3 units, I think their is always something that can be moved to or deep struck in via their "surprise attacks" And the whole vox screaming of the Dirge Casters to set up assisted charges. I chose not to give the terminators veterans, simply because at this point they would already be fearless and a decent bunker for both Vadim and Alricht, or death squads meant to die. I welcome your C&C and would love to know if you feel like thus far I have come fairly close to the true fluff of this Renegade war band of the VIII Legion.

Thanks again for taking the time!~
-DBH

warcommissar1
07-02-2015, 06:25 PM
hopefully one day soon we will get legion warband special rules similar to the demicompany etc