PDA

View Full Version : Hellhound - Where's my vehicle accessory sprue?

Garradh
03-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Word of warning - the new Hellhound and Demolisher kits don't come with vehicle accessory sprues. Pretty big downer considering the price hike. I hope Chimeras don't get this treatment!

Lord Azaghul
03-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Word of warning - the new Hellhound and Demolisher kits don't come with vehicle accessory sprues. Pretty big downer considering the price hike. I hope Chimeras don't get this treatment!

It's already confirmed that it did.
However they give you everything (almost) except the tred guards/extra armour. The new sprue does have all weapon options. At least then didn't raise the price.
The basilisk keeps the accessor sprue but is raised to the ungodly price of 50$ usd

Garradh
03-04-2010, 09:22 AM
No pintle weapon, no searchlight, no hunter-killer missile, no dozer blade, no smoke launchers. The only options it comes with are the three main gun choices and the three hull gun choices.

Very disappointed.

The Madman
03-04-2010, 09:39 AM
it really does suck for guard players. i'll eventually get back to my traitors but i'm using defilers for all my vehicles, if i'm paying £35 for a tank i'm gonna make it look good.

Lord Azaghul
03-04-2010, 10:17 AM
No pintle weapon, no searchlight, no hunter-killer missile, no dozer blade, no smoke launchers. The only options it comes with are the three main gun choices and the three hull gun choices.

Very disappointed.

I think those options are on the new chimera.

I do agree with your disapointment with the new tanks - and thats why I refuse to shell out the cash for them - so not worth 50$ usd (and if you feel that need to pick on the accessory sprue make that 65$ usd) 35% increase in price - for less plastic.

Valkerie
03-05-2010, 01:32 AM
Kind of ironic. Back when searchlights were options, the accessory sprue was standard in all kits. Now that all IG vehicle except for Hellhound variants come with searchllights as standard issue, they don't have searchlights in the kits. Way to go GW.

ColCorbane
03-05-2010, 06:13 AM
I was gutted when the dropped the accessory sprue from the kits, all my vehicles have trackguards and now I have to buy the accessory sprue separately.

RocketRollRebel
03-05-2010, 07:26 AM

Very disappointed.

They still come with a new (smaller) search light and smoke launchers. I didn't use most of the accessory sprues but I've still got like 10 of them broken up into my bitz box.

On the plus side the new minis are very sleek and nice plus a heck of a lot easier to assemble! I've always hated the older style treads. Wont miss putting them on or wasting time with that stupid sprue of wheels!

ColCorbane
03-05-2010, 09:58 AM
I've always hated the older style treads. Wont miss putting them on or wasting time with that stupid sprue of wheels!

Yeah, they were difficult to put together, but with the new system, you won't be seeing anymore kitbashed tracks on conversions. Those wheels and tracks were excellent for converting.

Aldramelech
03-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Goodbye

Noxx
03-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Kind of ironic. Back when searchlights were options, the accessory sprue was standard in all kits. Now that all IG vehicle except for Hellhound variants come with searchllights as standard issue, they don't have searchlights in the kits. Way to go GW.

Sometimes it seems like the codex writers don't get to see any models.

Or other codexes.

Or daylight.