PDA

View Full Version : C'tan Blade Question.

Force21
03-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Greetings all.

I have a quick question...

I remember reading somewhere....not sure where maybe FAQ or on the forum but I read that the Neural Shredder is a one handed weapon...

So is the C'tan Blade also a one handed weapon?

sorry for a dumb question but I was trying to find it earlier but could not...

Nabterayl
03-03-2010, 02:14 PM
It's a single-handed weapon (see the Witch Hunters FAQ) but I'm not sure what they're getting at, since they don't call it a single-handed close combat weapon.

Force21
03-03-2010, 02:18 PM
It's a single-handed weapon (see the Witch Hunters FAQ) but I'm not sure what they're getting at, since they don't call it a single-handed close combat weapon.

Oh...

so would that give the assassin +1 to attacks?

to make it a total of 5 attacks on the charge...

I would guess so...

anyway thanks.

Nabterayl
03-03-2010, 02:27 PM
It's not really clear, but that's the only reason I can think of to FAQ it. Page 42 says, "Some models are equipped with two single-handed weapons they can use in close combat." That could mean "Some models are equipped with two single-handed close combat weapons," or it could mean "Some models are equipped with two single-handed weapons, and these models can use them in close combat in a special way (namely getting +1A)."

The WH FAQ implies that somebody thinks that the correct reading is the latter, which would mean that all "weapons" can be used in close combat. I admit, that's the reading I've inclined towards for a long time, so it satisfies me, but your mileage may vary.

Vindur
03-03-2010, 02:30 PM
The problem is the wording is from a previous edition. In 3rd ed a weapon didnt need to be a gun didnt need to be a pistol to be a ccw it just needed to be a one handed. So a model with 2 single handed weapons gained an extra attack.

Nabterayl
03-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Yeah, the funny thing about 5th edition is that it can't seem to make up its mind how it wants to talk about CCWs. It says that pistols count as CCWs, which might make you think that ranged weapons don't count for purposes of close combat unless they explicitly say they're CCWs. But then elsewhere (e.g., page 42) the rulebook clearly thinks of "a rifle's butt" as a two-handed CCW.

My personal belief is that 5th edition does not actually have a hard-and-fast category of "CCW" in to which some weapons fall and others do not. I think the more accurate way to read the rulebook is that all weapons are close combat weapons, but not all close combat weapons are ranged weapons. From this it follows that the bonus for having two one-handed close combat weapons can be granted by wielding any two one-handed weapons, whether they explicitly call themselves CCWs or not.

BuFFo
03-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Yes, the Blade is one handed.

Enjoy your +1 attack before the Assassin dies to the retuning power fists, like it always does lol....