PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse Flyer Wings

Arkhan Land
05-31-2015, 08:21 AM
So I finally got around to reading more detailed parts of the Apoc-book I never got around to and I noticed something kinda weird strange that I dont know If i had noticed/read on before, but the wording for their entries and the examples seem to indicate I can take any three flyers not normally in sqaudrons as a sqaudron and have it gain the spearhead rules and Strafing Run if in rapier, at first I was like, they must mean the formations but then the example points out a sqaudron that isnt a formation in the book (burnabomber skwadron)

"Each Squadron consists of three to five flyers selected which cannot normally be taken in squadrons. by fielding models that qualify as these formations..."

Unless I'm wrong should I be taking three valykries to BS4 me some ground targets or even more horrifically BS6 on strafing run Crimson Hunter Exarch Sqaudrons?

Inqscott
05-31-2015, 10:13 AM
So I finally got around to reading more detailed parts of the Apoc-book I never got around to and I noticed something kinda weird strange that I dont know If i had noticed/read on before, but the wording for their entries and the examples seem to indicate I can take any three flyers not normally in sqaudrons as a sqaudron and have it gain the spearhead rules and Strafing Run if in rapier, at first I was like, they must mean the formations but then the example points out a sqaudron that isnt a formation in the book (burnabomber skwadron)

"Each Squadron consists of three to five flyers selected which cannot normally be taken in squadrons. by fielding models that qualify as these formations..."

Unless I'm wrong should I be taking three valykries to BS4 me some ground targets or even more horrifically BS6 on strafing run Crimson Hunter Exarch Sqaudrons?

I read the same thing that's why I run my Thunderbolts and Lightings in squads of 3 and vultures in squads of 5. The damage they cause can be wonderful its excellent at apoc when the living rugs are on the board (orks & bugs).

Matthew Doyle
05-31-2015, 04:45 PM
It's on page 134 of the apoc book... Never used it personally myself though as I've not got round to a apoc with orks yet :)

Houghten
06-02-2015, 02:43 AM
Not any three to five fliers; you still need a valid Apocalypse Formation datasheet.

Of which Burna-Bommer Skwadron is indeed one. They can fill an area with so much fire it becomes lethal terrain for the rest of the battle.