PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Points Skitarii

Austin Becht
05-28-2015, 09:11 PM
So since Skitarii came out I immediately wanted to get started on the army, however I was never too keen on their lack of transportation. Then I came across this army list: http://natfka.blogspot.com/2015/05/skitarii-tournament-report-from-storm.html I liked the general idea: first turn alpha strike exploiting the Skitarii's superior firepower, and transportation that allowed them to get into the fight even faster. However, even the list's writer pointed out that it had its flaws, and that if he was going to go with it again, he would need to change it. So I went about making my own modification.

Skitarii Maniple Detatchment

Skitarii Vanguard (10) (Warlord) 160 points
- Omnispex
- 3x Arc Rifles
- Refractor Field

5x Skitarii Vanguard (10) 155 points per unit
- Omnispex
- 3x Arc Rifles

2x Onager Dunecrawler 310 points
- Icarus Array
- Cognis Heavy Stubber
- Cognis Manipulator

2x Onager Dunecrawler 135 points per unit
- Heavy Phosphor Blaster
- Cognis Heavy Stubber
- Cognis Manipulator

Flesh Tearers Detatchent

Sanguinary Priest 80 points
- Auspex
- Power Sword

Tactical Squad (10) 195 points
- Meltagun
- Combi-melta
- Drop Pod

6x Drop Pod 35 points per unit

Total: 2000 points

The general strategy of the list is to use the Drop Pods to get the Skitarii well into range turn one, and put on some massive hurt. The Onager Dunecrawlers provide support in the form of Luminagen, or Skyfire; with 4 of them, I can use them as individual units, or in units of 2, or any combination of the sort. The Marines are just there as allies, and to provide a 7th Drop Pod, so 4 may come down on turn one. For 1850 points, I would simply drop one of the Phosphor Dunecrawlers, along with the Priest's Power Sword. However, I have been thinking of dropping the Priest's Power Sword, alongside the Refractor Field, in order to add Smoke Launchers on all the Dunecrawlers, for the 2000 point list anyways. If that change were made to the 2000 point list, then if I were to play at 1850, I'd take out one of the Phosphor Dunecrawlers, and the Smoke Launcher upgrades from the Icarus Dunecrawlers.

Now I'm not normally a net-lister, nor very competitive, but I was looking for an army with some punch and this seamed to provide that. I'd like your opinion on the list, and what changes, if any, you think need to be made. You should note this list is not intended for tournament play, however I might use it for tournaments in the future, if it does well. I thank you in advance for your reply.