PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where to get meltaguns?

foostoofoo
03-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey guys :)

I need 5 melta guns for a chaos marine army I'm building
Now i know GW sells a pack of 5 metal melta guns (try saying that fast 10 times :))
Anyway I'm not keen on the idea of metal. So does anyone know any websites (preferably UK based please) that sell bits and plastic meltas
I already tried bits and kits UK but all their melta guns are out of stock and could be like that for some time

Thanks in advance guys :)

MVBrandt
03-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Warstore's Battlewagon Bits.

Cadian command sprue meltagun arm = $8.99
Chaos Marines Melta Bit = $5.99
SM Tac Squad Meltagun Bit = $5.99

Hence why people go metal :)

Lord Azaghul
03-02-2010, 02:39 PM
The GW direct is your best bet. They still have free shipping for min order of 15$ usd. That just a little over the cost of 10 meltas.

I picked up a pack for my guardsmen a while back. The metal glued in just fine.

Madness
03-02-2010, 02:50 PM
The only place I know with Chaos Melta is http://www.thewarstore.com/product31688.html

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
03-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Stick with the metal pack. The extra effort is well worth the money saved.

scadugenga
03-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Oddly enough I've found some great bitz buys off of ebay. Most ebay retailers selling bitz will give you a deal on shipping as well.

Other than that, thewarstore.com is always a good resource. But I've noticed that warstore gets overpricey on certain bitz that they feel are in higher demand/need. That's what led me to check out ebay and save more money.

Madness
03-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Eh, that's capitalism for you sir. Not saying it's the best thing out there, but it's a thing.

Commissar Lewis
03-02-2010, 06:30 PM
http://bitzbarn.com/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_34_91&products_id=1220

There's one place to get one.

Madness
03-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Wow, that's cheap!

P.S.: The OT said he already checked there and in fact, they are out of stock.

Commissar Lewis
03-02-2010, 08:53 PM
My bad, though he said he checked bits and kits. Maybe I'm just tired and read it wrong. Nonetheless, it's an option.

What also works is getting a plastic multi-melta, such as from an Immolater kit, cutting the barrel in half to form two melta barrels. Then, take a bolter, cut off the magazine and barrel, glue on the melta barrel. Also, for the little fuel tank, take a fuel cannister from a Catachan flamer/Chaos flamer (basically one that has the little can thingy on the bottom), cut that in half length-wise, and glue it to the side of the bolter. Voila, a melta. Albeit ad-hoc.

Madness
03-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Melta bombs can work as canisters too ... ?

Commissar Lewis
03-02-2010, 09:00 PM
That they can. I was just posting how I made one for one of my troopers. Any canister-shaped bit can work really.

Kahoolin
03-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Melta bombs can work as canisters too ... ?I never even realized there were models for melta bombs. I thought they were one of those things you don't have to WYSIWYG.

scadugenga
03-02-2010, 10:18 PM
The canister looking things are meant to be meltabombs. The Marine sized one makes a decent demo charge for a guardsman in a pinch too.

Madness
03-02-2010, 10:21 PM
It's because they are bombs as opposite to grenades.

Mizzrym
03-03-2010, 01:02 AM
you could always convert one from a bolter, thats what I do, cut the barrel and magazine off of it, then make the melta barrel out of greenstuff (make a little cylinder with 4 horizontal slits on each side). then where the shell eject thing is on the gun make a tiny greenstuff sausage and glue it there. then drill a hole under it with a pin vise and stick a wire in there, cut the other end and glue it where the barrel meets the gun body and viola` instant meltagun. with how many bolters every marine (of any type) and like a dollar in GS you can have more meltaguns than you'd ever need. I've done the same thing with bolt pistols to make a melta pistol that looks pretty cool too.

Loken
03-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Buy the ones from GW. I think it is great that GW is doing packs like that and want to see lots more.

Alec

Groat
03-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Honestly, the piece I want to get more of that is a huge pain to get is Flamers. I wish GW would issue a metal pack of Flamers just like the set of Meltas you can pick up. I've got a squad of five chosen (made using Dark Angels and a mix of Chaos parts) and five flamers for them, but getting a lot of them is seriously annoying.

Lord Azaghul
03-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Honestly, the piece I want to get more of that is a huge pain to get is Flamers. I wish GW would issue a metal pack of Flamers just like the set of Meltas you can pick up. I've got a squad of five chosen (made using Dark Angels and a mix of Chaos parts) and five flamers for them, but getting a lot of them is seriously annoying.

Find a local guard player. The should have PLENTY to spare.