PDA

View Full Version : Who gets to take the hit?

bigman45
03-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Ive come across this thing with a friend of mine who plays Eldar. He likes to put an farseer and or a artoch (sorry dont have the book, dont know how to spell the his name:P) with some wrathguard, then put them in a wave serpant. Playing with my space pupies i would always find my way into combat with them. Know say theres only the artoch and one wrathguard left, when it comes down to hitting and wounding since theres only two models left do you have to choose the better stat of the two? So for hitting you would choose the artoch with high WS and then with wounding you would use the wrathguard with the high Toughness. Or if i use the artochs WS, i get to use his Toughness three, Vice-versa with the wrathguard.

Madness
03-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Let me rephrase please.
He likes to put a Farseer and/or an Autarch with some Wraithguards, then put them in a Wave Serpent. Playing with my Space Puppies I would always find my way into combat with them.
Now say there's only the Autarch and a Wraithguard left, when it comes down to hitting and wounding since there's only two models left do you have to choose the better stat of the two?
So for hitting you would choose the Autarch with high WS and then with wounding you would use the Wraithguard with the high Toughness. Or if I use the Autarch WS, I get to use his Toughness 3, Vice-versa with the Wraithguard.

Sadly for you, you get to use the highest value of both, the Autarch WS and the Wraithguard Toughness.

DarkLink
03-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Does the Autarch with Wraithguard not count as seperate units in CC? Last I heard, an Autarch is an IC, so you would allocate attacks to either the Autarch or Wraithguard.

Or do I need to go read an eldar codex?

AirHorse
03-01-2010, 10:14 PM
yeah him and the farseer and independant characters are they not, and so they have hits allocated against them seperately from the unit of wraithguard.

Madness
03-01-2010, 10:17 PM
No you don't, I do, it's actually two units for the purpose of close combat. Regardless of the amount of wraithguards present.

AirHorse
03-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I meant attacks not hits :P its 4am! i should go to bed :)

sebi81
03-02-2010, 02:27 AM
to make it clear in the end:
the unit of wraithguards and the autarch or farseer, as independent characters, count as different units in close combat. so if you are in base to base contact with only one of them, you have to use your attacks against that one. if you are in base to base contact with both, you can choose who you want to attack. if you attack the wraithguard the stats of the wraithguard are used, if you attack the independent character his stats are used. attacks against the wraithguard canīt kill the IC, and attacks against the IC canīt kill the wraithguard.

Tynskel
03-02-2010, 02:55 AM
All models in base to base contact have to hit that respective model.

The models that are in base to base contact with multiple units can choose one or the other units.

The models that are not in contact with anything can choose to allocate their attacks to the units (as long as they are engaged.)

this is all pages 39-41