PDA

View Full Version : Obsolete books - What to do with them?

Mike X
05-15-2015, 12:30 AM
I have so many old editions of 40K, codexes, expansions, etc., that I need to figure out what to do with them. I don't want to throw them away, but nobody wants them and secondhand stores won't even buy them. Is donating the only viable option?

Cutter
05-15-2015, 03:30 AM
I have so many old editions of 40K, codexes, expansions, etc., that I need to figure out what to do with them. I don't want to throw them away, but nobody wants them and secondhand stores won't even buy them. Is donating the only viable option?

How far back do they go?

chromedog
05-15-2015, 04:56 AM
Mine are exiled to the shed of shame.
I give stuff away occasionally - I've got no 2nd ed stuff left anymore.

The rest gets recycled when I need the room in the shed more. It had its day, it gave me enjoyment, so the value is now gone for me.

Metal models, on the other hand, if I can't even give them away, get melted down into ingots for reuse in other projects.

Psychosplodge
05-15-2015, 07:38 AM
They sit on a pile of stuff I may want to look at again at some point in the future.

40kGamer
05-15-2015, 08:13 AM
I have most every book from RT forward. I treat them the same way I do the 400 or so military history and uniformology tomes I've accumulated. Basically they have a special "reference" bookcase that I use for research when I start working on a new army. There are things that drop in and out of the fluff that can provide a little secret sauce for a characterful army.

Wolfshade
05-16-2015, 05:20 PM

I don't understand, don't they just live on the bookshelf with the piles of old WDs for reference?