PDA

View Full Version : My Newbie Redneck 40K Hobby Blog

honeybadger33
05-14-2015, 07:21 AM
Hello from the backwoods of Alabama!! I really mean that about the backwoods. Really! LOL. I am going to make this my little hobby blog. Ive only been into the 40K hobby for 3 months now and I do this mostly as a hobby and not a game because I cant find anyone within an hour and a half drive that plays because I really do live out in the boonies of Alabama. Ive been working on building a Blood Angels Army because who knows, I might actually be able to play one day. While I dont have enough to field a complete army yet, Im slowly getting there. Im disabled and on a fixed income so being able to afford the stuff is slowing me down but not going to keep me from getting there! LOL.

I love putting the units together and kitting them out. That part is its very one strategy! Ive even began to magnetize my units so I can swap weapons and not have to buy more models just to do that part. I have a lot of time on my hands due to my disability and I needed something more creative than video games to occupy me. Ive already started converting units as I find using my imagination creatively is something I really enjoy.

In this blog I will be posting my progress and pictures of said progress for all of you to see and to give advise to me. The weather here is nice currently so I plan on getting my modeling stuff and sitting outside to enjoy both the weather and my hobby today. I will also take some pictures of my stuff today and post. My pictures wont be the best quality as I have to use my camera on my cell phone but they will give you a good idea of what I have. I hope to meet some friendly people while I do this and look forward to meeting everyone that stops by! See you again later today! Hope everyone has a great and safe day!!

defiantworkshop
05-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Awesome, and welcome from another fellow Alabamian! Can't wait to see what you put up.

Wolfshade
05-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Hello and welcome aboard.

Always good to see more BA players, they are the best, but I might be biased.

honeybadger33
05-20-2015, 10:58 PM
I havent worked on my Blood Angels much so really have nothing to update. I did do a little tinkering around with some Ork Nobz that Im giving to a friend that I believe wants to get into the hobby. He likes putting models together but he will have trouble finding the money to put into the hobby to create a full army. Getting him started is my main goal right now. He bought a model set the other day. He got the Ork Nobz actually. LOL. He liked the poses and the way they looked so he bought them. We will be trying to have a get together soon so we can paint and shoot the breeze for a little bit. I will make sure to try and have the camera by then. I just have to get over to the persons house to borrow it. My iPhone does not do pictures well or I would have some put up by now. Im also creating a blog on blogspot where another friend and I will be doing "Start to Finish" type projects and all sorts of stuff we have planned. Once I get the hang of the commands the program they use for configuring the site and i get it looking good I will post the link and you guys can come visit us there. Hope you all have had some happy modeling days since I last updated and I hope you have many more. Since Im a Blood Angels player do me a favor and post pics of your army and special characters. I love seeing other people work and use it as inspiration that I truly need. Post them pictures guys!!