PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Imperial Knights

Mike X
05-13-2015, 01:18 PM
Just got the new codex, and I'm unsure if they use the same allies rules as before or if they now count as Lords of War instead? Either way, I can't seem to add them to my Space Marine list on BattleScribe.

Houghten
05-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Check out the Household Detachment and Oathsworn Detachment on pages 98 and 99.

Ravingbantha
05-13-2015, 03:07 PM
to add this force you must add Imperial Knights Codex (2015) under Catalog, then under force type, look for 'Household Detachment' or 'Oathsworn Detachment'.

George Labour
05-13-2015, 03:59 PM
Just got the new codex, and I'm unsure if they use the same allies rules as before or if they now count as Lords of War instead? Either way, I can't seem to add them to my Space Marine list on BattleScribe.

All Imperial Knights are now a Lord of War with the Imperial Knights faction. To use them as allies you need to use one of the detachments and or formations from the codex instead of just plonking them into your Space Marine Combine Arms Detachment. They then operate just as any other allied detachment/formation would according to the rules in the core book.

basically the same thing but it requires a separate detachment which is found in the codex. It also means your LOW slot in your marine CAD is open if you wish to shove something else in there. Or you can use other marine formations/detachments instead of needing to take the CAD one to get the Lord of War slot.

JMichael
05-14-2015, 12:13 AM
I just logged in to ask the same question (though I need them for Sisters Allies)! Thanks!

Mike X
05-14-2015, 12:28 AM
to add this force you must add Imperial Knights Codex (2015) under Catalog, then under force type, look for 'Household Detachment' or 'Oathsworn Detachment'.

Thanks! It was much easier before.