PDA

View Full Version : Malifaux

whitestar333
03-01-2010, 09:57 AM
I tried to find another forum to put this into, but it does not seem that BoLS has a forum to discuss new miniatures games.

Anyway, I just recently heard about Malifaux and I wanted to see if anyone has seen it/played it/wants to play it. I have picked up a couple minis and read the rules, and I love the visual style of the game. I've been looking for a good steampunk game (Warmachine isn't really steampunk, sorry) and, after some investigating, I'm really really interested in starting, and already have some minis painted.

Are there any Malifaux players out there who could shed some light on the game for someone who is interested but hasn't yet played a game?

Wolfen
03-04-2010, 06:23 AM
I tried to find another forum to put this into, but it does not seem that BoLS has a forum to discuss new miniatures games.

Anyway, I just recently heard about Malifaux and I wanted to see if anyone has seen it/played it/wants to play it. I have picked up a couple minis and read the rules, and I love the visual style of the game. I've been looking for a good steampunk game (Warmachine isn't really steampunk, sorry) and, after some investigating, I'm really really interested in starting, and already have some minis painted.

Are there any Malifaux players out there who could shed some light on the game for someone who is interested but hasn't yet played a game?

I got the rulebook and it is sweet ... unfortunatelly i have not found anyone playing it arround, which is a shame, but it is VERY nice the deck management... thats a nice twist tobe honest... until i dont play and "feel" the rules when playing I cannot really say which charatcer or so would be my style, but I like Seamus and RAmos... also december cult...

whitestar333
03-07-2010, 03:10 PM
At my LGS pretty much everyone has picked up a box and started playing, and it's a lot of fun! I like the fate deck and the control hand - it makes me feel like I have more control over my own fate (get it!?). Unlike 40k or even Warmachine, you have more control over the outcomes than if you relied upon dice rolls. Sure, it's more random, but the control hand is something I really like!

I have a Ramos crew and I've decided that I want to start Perdita and the Ortegas soon. Papa Loco makes me lol

Aenir
01-12-2011, 03:20 PM
I just picked up some malifaux things *Ortega box* for the local league at my store, I have to say, I was pessimistic, but they have grown on me and I am quite suprised!

scadugenga
01-12-2011, 06:30 PM
I picked up Malifaux last year, with the Ramos & Mad Hatter box sets. (steam borgs, and zombie hookers--can't go wrong!)

A couple friends picked up some stuff too, but for some reason, we've never tried it out.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to try it soon.

Oh, and WM is steampunk, just magical steampunk.

addamsfamily36
01-12-2011, 06:33 PM
I was thinking of picking up Malifaux.

On a recent trip to london, myself and a few friends spotted some of the box sets in a shop called dark sphere. (near waterloo station)

apparently it words on card based action system.

Aenir
01-12-2011, 09:42 PM
I picked up Malifaux last year, with the Ramos & Mad Hatter box sets. (steam borgs, and zombie hookers--can't go wrong!)

A couple friends picked up some stuff too, but for some reason, we've never tried it out.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to try it soon.

Oh, and WM is steampunk, just magical steampunk.

There is a Malifaux league at my local Game store (Black sun games) if you are interested, it just started!

I was thinking of picking up Malifaux.

On a recent trip to london, myself and a few friends spotted some of the box sets in a shop called dark sphere. (near waterloo station)

apparently it words on card based action system.

Yep, you flip a card over, and can cheat it using the hand you have

scadugenga
01-13-2011, 07:29 PM
There is a Malifaux league at my local Game store (Black sun games) if you are interested, it just started!

A LGS in the Chicago area that isn't Games Plus?

Where is it?

Aenir
01-13-2011, 08:50 PM
A LGS in the Chicago area that isn't Games Plus?

Where is it?

http://www.blacksungameschicago.com/

5426 N. Kedzie

Malifaux is on Tuesdays at 5 or later

but if you are in the leagues, at any time, just report the matches :D

scadugenga
01-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Ah, I'm on the west end of Naperville. About 30 miles or so away. I think that's barely closer than Games Plus to me, and with the same crappy traffic.

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Chicago traffic? :)

Aenir
01-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Ah, I'm on the west end of Naperville. About 30 miles or so away. I think that's barely closer than Games Plus to me, and with the same crappy traffic.

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Chicago traffic? :)

I can understand, we have some people who come to the store from naperville and they say it sucks badly (traffic)

I think BSGs advantage is the people, and the fact that there is a league/campaign running :)

why not come in on a tuesday and check it out? and see if you think its worth it?

Aenir
01-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Dont forget, Malifaux league tomorrow starting at 5!

Aenir
01-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Jsut had another Malifaux Day, was a good grouping of people, Personally I got in games vs Arcanists and Resurrectionists!