PDA

View Full Version : Combat Patrol - Blood Angels

Lupin
08-04-2009, 06:17 PM
At work, we play combat patrol (40k in 40 min) on lunch time. I was thinking about starting a new 400 pts Blood angels list.

I was thinking at something like this :

4 death company / jump pack & chainsword
5 vet assault squad / 4 chainsword & 1 PW
5 assault squad / chainsword & power weapon
400 pts

i think im missing some resilience but what do you think? Any better suggestion?

to give an idea, actually, i have a list i like of IG consisting of :

1 PCS 4 flamers & PF in chimera with ML/HF
1 squad GL / AC in chimera with ML/HB
1 squad GL / AC in chimera with ML/HB
1 sentinel with AC
400 pts

not much success with it yet but more draws than any other list ive tried.

ChaosLord127
08-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Next time you play the game, try thinking "Wow a ... would have been really helpful right now". I don't play BA so I can't help you much there, but if I were you I would try to add some fire support... Maybe a heavy bolter. Who are you playing against and what have you been having trouble with in games?

Lupin
08-05-2009, 06:45 AM
I play against SM, Eldar, Tau, Necrons and Orks.

I thought about heavy weapons but couldnt find a place for one. If i face someone with lots of vehicule (like my IG list) i think i may be in trouble. I dont know BA at all, apart from reading codex and its hard to make my mind.

My SM friend says its a good list... if it can get in CC... Other than that...

Maybe add in some rhinos in lieu of jump pack?

ChaosLord127
08-05-2009, 04:29 PM
I would try adding some plasmas or a melta or two. The meltas are assault weapons, so you can charge after you fire them, and they can take down the heavier opponents. Plasmas will get the job done too as well as them having a longer range, but they are rapid fire, so no charging after firing them... not to mention they explode. I would not go for the rhinos, as they aren't necessarily worth the price for them, as well as they die too easy. You lose the rhino to one good shot, the whole squad has to walk. Jetpacks, you lose a guy to one good shot, the rest can still move at 12". Also, rhinos have assault and disembarking restrictions (no charging out of a rhino) while with jetpacks you can move at the same speed and still shoot and/or charge.

vharing
08-06-2009, 01:05 AM
trying to make a small army with BA is so hard. I would scrap the vet squad and maybe try a tac squad as a fire team. camp them out in a terrain feature and blast anything that comes to close. I had to try and build a small army for a space hulk based tournament I was in. I was having just a hard time trying to come up with a model count of more than 20 that I just scraped it and went with my DE instead.