PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Craftworlds and Necrons - My Thoughts

cadianshock
05-09-2015, 05:22 AM
I play Imperial Guard as my username might suggest. With Necrons getting incredible rule changes and now Eldar to, what am I to do. Conscripts are great, but they never get up after being killed and they'll never get a +1 to WS or BS. By the Emperor what is to be done!

Answer, nothing, carry on, be positive, enjoy our toys.

Full thoughts and such are contained within...

http://cadianshock.com/eldar-craftworlds-and-necrons-my-thoughts/

Mr Mystery
05-09-2015, 05:39 AM
Yup.

Astra Militarum have lots of toys to play with.

And if you've gone infantry heavy, those D Weapons aren't going to be killing enough stuff :)

cadianshock
05-09-2015, 05:48 AM
That would truly be a vision on the table top. 50 Conscripts around the base of a Wraith Knight.

Erik Setzer
05-09-2015, 07:21 AM
That would truly be a vision on the table top. 50 Conscripts around the base of a Wraith Knight.

Not for long. That buddy's got Stomp. It does uncomfortable things to Guardsmen. I used my Knight to tap-dance my way through two platoons of Guardsmen. They didn't stand a chance.

Kaptain Badrukk
05-09-2015, 09:06 AM
There's been a lot of adoption of the new stuff at my local. They guy to beat plays unbound, priest supported, Black Templars.
They're epic.
And AM may not have an uber formation, but as an Ork player who's been on the business end of a 50-man blob with 'first rank second rank' in rapid fire range, I know they're still great!

Arkhan Land
05-09-2015, 11:54 AM
Not for long. That buddy's got Stomp. It does uncomfortable things to Guardsmen. I used my Knight to tap-dance my way through two platoons of Guardsmen. They didn't stand a chance.

sadly this is where Gaurdsmen dont do so well, without perhaps a sarge with a power fist waiting for the Initiative 1 pile in (assuming he makes it) or if youre lucky two of them, theres not much to do when these things happen.

that said aside from a victory if you have a priest or a ssar in there you might be able to hold onto that tar-pit for a turn, maybe two, not more

bonus thought for the day, with a platoon taken as seperate units but close by you could try and "wager" how many units the WK could succesfully take out and charge as many as you think you will need to leave him in the open when he wipes them in his turn