PDA

View Full Version : Third Party Stuff.

Mr Mystery
05-01-2015, 04:26 AM
So, came across this on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Miniatures-Blockade-Expansion/dp/B00V14EFH8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_k_h_b_cs_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0RCJ010GBATN94BXD7WM

Looks very nice, and certainly more interesting than the card markers.

Anyone else found cool third party additions?

Path Walker
05-01-2015, 04:40 AM
Check their ebay shop, they have wrecks for all the ships that leave them and asteroids of properly shaped bases!

eldargal
05-01-2015, 05:04 AM
I like that, doing 3rd party bits right. Only thing I could see being problematic is if they took castings from an FFG corvette to make the pieces.

Mr Mystery
05-01-2015, 05:45 AM
Well, can't quite afford a sample this week - I've got £50ish until me cheque clears, but I think I'll be getting me a set. They look the very dab to set off a game nicely.

Probably the Rebel Transport one - it just suits it if you ask me.

Path Walker
05-01-2015, 06:20 AM
They do look very much like castings taken and broken up

Erik Setzer
05-01-2015, 08:30 AM
Anyone else found cool third party additions?

Mel Miniatures on Shapeways:

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/mel_miniatures

3D printed ships at the right scale (at least close enough) for all kinds of stuff, including (just on the front page alone): CloakShape Fighter, YT-2000 Otana, Chiss Clawcraft, The Force Awakens X-Wing, Eta-2 Jedi Interceptor, R-41 Starchaser, Clone Y-Wing, Ebon Hawk, TIE Predator, T-Wing, Mk VI Interceptor, Scimitar Bomber, Sith Fighter, Slave II, N-1 Naboo Starfighter, K-Wing, Raven's Claw, Skipray Blastboat, TIE Droid, SoroSuub Yacht, TIE Scout, and Inquisitor's TIE Advanced.

There's lots of other pages. If you wanted to add more ships into X-Wing, that's the way to do it. Want to use X-Wing scale ships for doing some Star Wars RPG space battles? Well, that's not a problem.

For Armada, so far they've got Vindicator-class cruiser, Interdictor cruiser (called an "Immobilizer" for some reason), Gozanti ships, and a bunch of squadrons.

Also bombs, satellites, cargo containers, other stuff.

People show off painted stuff from him on the X-Wing Repaints Facebook group all the time, they look pretty good.

DrBored
05-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Yeah, Mel Miniatures definitely has it down. None of the stuff comes in color, but that's alright. Got my eye on that Ebon Hawk. Would love to use it as a count as Falcon.

Brenlak
05-04-2015, 09:31 PM
I'm really digging the proper shaped bases for the ship debris it allows you to use 3D terrain and still play the standard rules, brilliant.

Mr Mystery
05-06-2015, 05:13 AM
Yarp.

Gonna take the plunge this week and order some up. I'm gonna go with the Rebel Transport and the basic Asteroids.

Depending on when that cheque clears my bank account, order will go in tomorrow or possibly Friday, and I'd hope to have them Monday - expect a review!

Mr Mystery
05-08-2015, 01:17 AM
Pow!

Basic asteroids ordered, should have them some point next week.

Keep your eyes out for a review, and feel free to post questions in the meantime,

Brenlak
05-19-2015, 10:14 PM
Did you ever get that Rebel Transport Mystery?

Mr Mystery
05-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Not yet.

But, paid on Friday. May get it this month,

Mr Mystery
06-01-2015, 03:43 AM
Still not got the knacked Rebel Transport - been an expensive couple of months on my motor!

But I have now invested in Deck Pro card holder page things, and a binder - because I've decided it's high time I had proper storage for the dozens of cards I have! Thinking one pocket per pilot type ought to suffice.

And I have ordered 100 storage pages....

Mr Mystery
06-22-2015, 11:10 PM
Wrecked Rebel Transport terrain ordered.

Review when I get it!

Brenlak
06-25-2015, 10:33 PM
beauty

Mr Mystery
07-04-2015, 03:50 AM
Floody Buckets

Appears to have been lost in the post....

Had it sent to work, and no sign of it yet. Seller contacted.

Mr Mystery
07-06-2015, 05:29 AM
And it's here! Wooooo!

Currently at work, so haven't deployed its stands yet. But it's really nice, and made from Resin.

Need to compare it to my non-wrecked Rebel Transport to be sure, but I think this may be entirely home made, rather than based off FFG's one.

And do check out their sneakpeaky on the other pic...

Eberk
07-07-2015, 11:01 AM
And do check out their sneakpeaky on the other pic...

:eek: WOW

Mr Mystery
07-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Yup!

Though the wording is a bit ambiguous, I think it means the same scale rather than same size as the Tantive IV....

I'm very tempted!

Eberk
07-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Same scale. That means what... ? Twice the size of the Tantive IV ??

Manoeuvering will be nigh impossible, deployment needs some creativity and the point cost... yeah well.

I - Just - Want - It

just the thought of playing a game centered around that (even if just as scenery) makes me happy

Mr Mystery
07-18-2015, 11:12 AM
And now....the replacement order has arrived.

Erm...hmm.

Got six more Asteroids, giving me 18 in total, and two wrecked Transports.

Again, paint jobs aren't quite to my tastes, but easily sorted.

Transports are cast in resin, and have a satisfying heft to them, which is nice, and again the bases are superb.

The team behind head are doing more and more interesting stuff, including knacked Gladiator Class stuff for Armada.