PDA

View Full Version : Eldar 1000 point team

Allstar91
05-01-2015, 03:44 AM
Hi there,

I am just getting back into the hobby after a 9 year break, and I was hoping I could get some advice on my first team.

Guardian Battlehost

HQ
Farseer- 130 Points
Uldanorethi Long Rifle
Singing Spear

Troops
Guardians Unit 1- 90 Points
Shuriken Cannon Platform

Guardian Unit 2-90 Points
Shuriken Cannon Platform

Guardian Unit 3-90 Points
Eldar Missile Launcher Platform

Fast Attack
Vyper Squadron-150 Points
3 Units
3 Brightlances

War Walkers-240 Points
3 Units
3 Brightlances
3 Eldar Missile Launchers

Vauls Wrath Battery-90 Points
3 Units
3 Vibro Cannons

Total: 880 Points

I have 120 Points left, Is it worth getting some vehicle upgrades, or a detachment of Rangers?

What changes would you recommend?
Thanks!

sith9
06-01-2015, 12:25 AM
Windriders. They are SO good. Especially with a warlock and a farseer on a bike. Conceal and Fortune means that they are nigh unkillable. I played a game yesterday where the unit took something like 65-70 wounds. At the end of the game only the farseer had a wound on him due to a perils. Opponent was so frustrated.

Sonikgav
06-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Well the problem you have is you cant add basic things like WindRiders since you've gone for the Battlehost. The only thing you can do without breaking it up is to add auxillary units or other command units but since you only have 120 points, that leaves you limited.

One option however could be to move around some weapons. Id give your Guardian Squads the Eldar Missile Launchers since thats making the most expensive weapon upgrade in your list free, then dedicate your support units. Double up the Lances on the Walkers and use the Vypers with twin Shuriken Cannons so they are great anti-tank and anti-infantry respectively, instead of trying to do both and only being mediocre. Making those changes takes your 120 spare points to 150.

With that in mind i would recommend...

1. Increased squad size on the Guardians - Drop the toys on the Farseer, Double 2 units up to 20, go from 3 Missile Launchers to 5
2. 4 Warlocks - Upgrades, not as a conclave. Giving your Weapon batteries/Guardians Conceal makes them much more survivable.
3. Wraithlord - Cant afford a Knight but another Tough Weapons platform may help.
4. Wraithfighter - Run the Farseer bare and find 5 more points for some air support. Useless against other flyers but adds D to the list
5. 3 More Vypers - Just larger squad. Bigger footprint but so much Shuriken Dakka.
6. 2 units of Rangers - Decent, cheap support. If in cover can be difficult to move.

Iv put them in the order that id consider them and it still conforms to your Guardian Battlehost.

Biggest advantage this gives you is a solid base for when you expand your list. In the ones i plan on running i went for auxillary formations first and realised id need to resort to a simple CAD to make my army legal. With yours you could easily jump up with Aspect Hosts, Wraith Constructs, Crimson Death, Weapons of Vaul etc.