PDA

View Full Version : 25pt list any advice?

Razorx1970
02-27-2010, 11:45 AM
I don't have all of the models to work with in the Khador range, but I've purchased all the ones which I liked the most. So here's what I came up with for a 25 pt list...

Vlad Dark Prince
Drago
Behemoth
Great Bears Unit
WidowMakers Unit

I also have...

Decimator
Berserker
The Butcher
Sorcha

But all other lists have me ending up 1-3 pts under that I've tried.

stampdog316
02-27-2010, 06:01 PM
You are off to a good start--Vlad is an easy caster to play so he is good for learning the game. One of the great things about Warmachine and one of its advantages over the "other game" is there really are no broken models or worthless figures so play what you want.

It is just a personal preference but you really have all your eggs in one basket using the Behemoth in smaller games. If he goes down there goes half your points. But if you are just starting and don't have a big selection you have to do what you have to do. You are going to basically use signs/portents to beef up your army then launch Drago and Behemoth on Vlad's feat turn and hopefully clean up whats left with the Great Bears and a blood of Kings buffed Vlad.

Good luck with your list and welcome to the Motherland!

Razorx1970
02-28-2010, 10:27 AM
You are off to a good start--Vlad is an easy caster to play so he is good for learning the game. One of the great things about Warmachine and one of its advantages over the "other game" is there really are no broken models or worthless figures so play what you want.

It is just a personal preference but you really have all your eggs in one basket using the Behemoth in smaller games. If he goes down there goes half your points. But if you are just starting and don't have a big selection you have to do what you have to do. You are going to basically use signs/portents to beef up your army then launch Drago and Behemoth on Vlad's feat turn and hopefully clean up whats left with the Great Bears and a blood of Kings buffed Vlad.

Good luck with your list and welcome to the Motherland!

Thanks. I actually played before, back when the game first came out about 2003-ish, and had all 4 of the starter sets then, and infantry and solos we're just starting to come out when I quit. I only quit due to lack of players and popularity locally back then too. But I am relearning it all now, so I'm half a noob this time out! lol

Yeah I saw that Behemoth was ALOT of points, but he also is pretty powerful, so he might be worth it IF I can use him right, and get in some good damamge, before they kill him off. I know already he will be anyone's first target. Drago with Vlad is also a nice combo, due to the afinity. I picked Vlad, because I remember buying him way back when he first came out, at Origins that year, and was soooo excited to have that piece before most others, and I've always liked the sculpt and persona over all the other casters.

Altho, I am tempted to get Karchev for the model, is he any good, or worth getting?

stampdog316
02-28-2010, 08:40 PM
I have never played Karchev before, but he is all the rage on the Khador forum at PP.