PDA

View Full Version : Hemlock or Hunter?

Sonikgav
04-26-2015, 09:08 AM
I'm building an Eldar list that's taking my old list into the new age but I need some Air Cover desperately.

The obvious choice to me is a Crimson Hunter but a lot seem to consider the Wraith fighter to be better choice though from what I can see it's a more general fighter and nowhere near as good against flyers.

For reference my general list is...

Spiritseer and Illic Night spear

Rangers
3x Wraith guard in Serpents
2 Flyers*

As many Guardians/Windriders as I can fit in what's left.

I could take one of each but I think this list has Infantry handled and the Hunters with Lances, while fragile, are probably more use to me.

So opinions?

Mr.Gold
04-26-2015, 09:56 AM
if you can squese it in take the Crimson Death formation - 3x Crimson Hunters. no need to worry about flyers ever again.

Sonikgav
04-26-2015, 10:00 AM
I haven't got the book yet, I'm stuck on Holiday in a country that's never heard of GW so haven't seen the options.

Is this formation in the new book or is it some supplement? Are all the old supplements obsolete now?

Cap'nSmurfs
04-26-2015, 10:37 AM
It's in the new book.

If you need air cover and want a flyer, you want a Crimson Hunter. The Hemlock can't even shoot flyers with its blast template guns.

Mr.Gold
04-26-2015, 10:40 AM
I haven't got the book yet, I'm stuck on Holiday in a country that's never heard of GW so haven't seen the options.

Is this formation in the new book or is it some supplement? Are all the old supplements obsolete now?

it is in the new Craftworld book:

3x Crimson Hunters, (one must be an Exarch), and they Gain Prefered Enemy (Flyers, FMC), also the models gain a 4+ Cover save (NOT JINK), if they jink this cover save is re-rollable.

combine with the skyhunter rule (that all CH have) - when shooting at a vehicle with a Flyer type a model with this rule re-rolld armour pen rolls that do not cause glancing and pen hits.

Sonikgav
04-26-2015, 10:52 AM
Sounds Pretty good. Not to mention their weaponry is pretty good Anti - Armor even if my opponent doesn't bring flyers.

Without details, since I'm nowhere near being able to buy a book how much does a Crimson Death squadron work out to? (3 Hunters + Exarch)

Mr.Gold
04-26-2015, 10:58 AM
Sounds Pretty good. Not to mention their weaponry is pretty good Anti - Armor even if my opponent doesn't bring flyers.

Without details, since I'm nowhere near being able to buy a book how much does a Crimson Death squadron work out to? (3 Hunters + Exarch)

440pts