PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Knights Roundup

Bigred
04-22-2015, 04:42 PM
B&C's Atia (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305781-rumours-am-cult-mechanicus-knight-wardencrusader/page-5#entry4014737)found: 4-20-2015

it looks like two new Knights will be part of this release:

Knight Warden (http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/knight-warden):

Knight Crusader (http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/knight-crusader):

Via Atia (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305781-rumours-am-cult-mechanicus-knight-wardencrusader/) 4-21-2015

Full roundup of redirects found so far on GW website:

Imperial Knights:
- Codex Imperial Knights
- Datacards Imperial Knights
- Knight Warden
Knight Crusader

via Bird in the Trees 4-23-2015

Both Knights are coming via a combined combo kit.
Plastic kit will be released in the short-term, but the exact week is unknown.
The Warden & Crusader will share White Dwarf only rules initially, with inclusion in a codex coming later.
The new designs do not share the “turtle shell” carapace, and have a divergent appearance.
Both models share an up-armored, brutal appearance compared to the Paladin/Errant model.
Both share three weapon hardpoints, 2 arms and a top carapace mount.
Both new Knights share a Heavy Support position in a Imperial Knights army list.
Expect an Imperial Knights “Decurion” formation to be arriving with the new kits.

via Bird in the Trees 4-23-2015

Crusader is armed with: Quake Cannon, TL Las-cannons
Warden is armed with: Volcano Cannon, Multi-barreled Autocannon
Both models have an optional top carapace missile launcher weapon mount, with multishot S8, AP3 anti-flyer capability
Both models are protected by a single energy field based heavily on the rules for the Stronghold Assault book's Void Shield Generator.
Armor Values: Front:14 Side:13 Rear:13
Hull Points: 8
Both models clock in well above the cost of the Knight Paladin/Errant

via bird in the trees 4-25-2015:

Look for the following on the heels on the Assassins Game:

Imperial Knights are being redone:
Products include:

New Codex

New Cardset

New Crusader/Warden combo kit

Knight Transfer sheet (unchanged from last time)

Further Chatter:

Contradictory chatter is talking about the possibility of some new kit bits being usable across both the new and older plastic Knights kits. Unknown if this is merely coincidence for aesthetic modeling, or perhaps may open up actual rules/gameplay opportunities…

Look for a thicker IK codex with more content.

Named character Knights are to be rolled up and included in the codex.*

~Editor’s note: *Gerantius is the only one I can think of off-hand, but it would be trivial for the Studio to kick out a handful from the Knight Heraldry/Background book.

via one of Gary's birds (http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/3-new-knights-coming-this-week-warden.html) 4-26-2015

Three new Knights next week

- Knight Warden
- Knight Crusader
- Knight Gallant

They are only weapon-swaps, not completely new

via bigred 4-27-2015

Weekly Imperial Knight Products & Prices

Codex Imperial Knights £25.00
Imperial Knight Warden £95.00
Datacards: Imperial Knights £7.50

Via Blog for the Blood God (https://www.facebook.com/BlogForTheBloodGod/photos/a.1433182543595254.1073741826.1433169386929903/1609954185918088/?type=1) 04-28-2015

via Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/zVYDs), Bolter & Chainsword (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305781-rumours-am-cult-mechanicus-knights-knight-wd/page-23), Gamestrust.de (http://www.gamestrust.de/tabletop/produkt,bilder,warhammer-40-000-imperiale-ritter,id2051.html) 4-28-2015

Get out your German to English translators...

via one of Gary's birds (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/tcD9qz98LrY/imperial-knights-knightly-heirlooms.html) 4-30-2015

Knight Relics

Sanctuary - Counts as Ion Shield, uncovered facings get 6+ inv.
Ravager - (chainblade) S: D, Ap1, re-roll failed to hit rolls of 1.
The Paragon Guantlet - S: D, Ap2, Colossal, Hurl, Master-Crafted.
Mark of the Omnissiah - Gains It Will Not Die.
Helm of the Nameless Warrior - Gains Rampage.
Banner of Macharius Triumphant - All friendly from Armies of the Imperium
faction within 12" re-roll failed morale, pinning and fear tests.

New Imperial Knights 5-2-2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KNGLomac24

via Atia on Bolter & Chainsword (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305781-rumours-cult-mechanicus-knights-knight-codex-leak-pg-52/?p=4032876)5-6-2015

Knights Formations & Detachments

DETACHMENTS

Household Detachment

3 Lords of War - Compulsory
2 Lords of War - Optional

Command Benefits
Knight Commander: If Primary Detachment, may reroll Warlord Trait, Warlord rerolls misses in a challenge.
Lord Baron: If Primary Detachment, Warlord may select 1 Heirloom, and is +1 WS, +1 BS
All Units are Objective Secured

Oathsworn Detachment

1 Lords of War - Compulsory

Command Benefits
None

FORMATIONS

Skyreaper Lance
3 Knights (all with Twin Icarus autocannon carapace mounts)

Skyreapers: vs enemy flyers: reroll failed penetration rolls, may reroll glances, may reroll failed to-wound rolls vs FMCs

Gallant Lance
3 Knights Gallant

Crusader, Rage, Reroll failed charge distance

Tripartite Lance
1 Knights Gallant
1 Knights Warden
1 Knights Crusader

Withering Fire: Formation members reduce enemy cover saves by -1 till Formation Knight Warden is destroyed.
Wrathful Onslaught: Formation members inflict D3 Hammer of Wrath hits till Formation Knight Gallant is destroyed.
Precision Bombardment: Formation members blast weapons are twin-linked till Formation Knight Crusader is destroyed.

Baronial Court
3-5 Knights

Ionic Sheildwall: +1 Ion Shield save if it is in the front arc, and within 6" of another Baronial Court Knight.
Knight Commander: If Primary Detachment, may reroll Warlord Trait, Warlord rerolls misses in a challenge.
Knightly Vassals: Baron and all formation menbers with 12" may overwatch and counter-attack.
Lord Baron: If Primary Detachment, Warlord may select 1 Heirloom, and is +1 WS, +1 BS

Exalted Court
3-5 Knights

Council of Lords: Each member may select a single Heirloom.

zanth
04-22-2015, 09:40 PM
Rumor Roundup Continued...

via Gamerstrust.de (http://www.gamestrust.de/bilder,list1209,1,warhammer-40-000-imperiale-ritter.html) 5-7-2015

Knight Sprue, Assembly, Box pics:

ORIGINAL POST
Damn! I JUST bought that codex like 2 weeks ago. :/

DrBored
04-22-2015, 11:04 PM

Same. Ah well, such is the way of things!

nziv
04-22-2015, 11:41 PM
Same. Ah well, such is the way of things!

Hope there is more to it than simply 2 more units.
First codex wasn't chock full of rules either

Mr Mystery
04-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Gimme.

daboarder
04-23-2015, 12:21 AM
Hope there is more to it than simply 2 more units.
First codex wasn't chock full of rules either

maybe it'll have its own formation, dont worry you'll only have to wait another year and a half for a new codex with another 2 knight variants added :p

Mr Mystery
04-23-2015, 05:22 AM
So, WD spoiler eh?

Something Big.....

.....This way comes.

Reckon it's the Knights?

Because I fancy an outside bet that the Warlord coming from Forgeworld....isn't coming from Forgeworld.

I actually have nothing at all to back that up. Apart from fervent wishing. Because in plastic it would be well cheaper...to the point of still being expensive, but affordable.....

Kirsten
04-23-2015, 05:40 AM
I don't want a Warlord, I want a plastic Warhound.

maybe Fat Bloke is coming back to be editor again, that would be totes amazeballs.

Mr Mystery
04-23-2015, 05:47 AM
Meh.

Warlord would be my choice, because dakka.

And yes, Fat Bloke returning would be pleasing.

Kirsten
04-23-2015, 05:50 AM
Warlords are too big, Warhounds are the largest titans I want personally.

Mr Mystery
04-23-2015, 05:57 AM
Wuss*

*Can't actually support that.

Kirsten
04-23-2015, 06:00 AM
if hey came out with a plastic warhound, reaver, and warlord, and I could play giant games of titanicus, that would be awesome, and I totally would.

but for games of 40k, Warhound is the biggest thing I want in game.

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-23-2015, 08:48 AM
Meh, screw warlords and warhounds alike, I want to see an Imperator!!

Stone Edwards
04-23-2015, 10:12 AM

Just do what I did with my Eldar codex: sell it on eBay as soon as the rumor of the new codex is verified. Remember those of us that are crazy with following rumors are just a small niche of the wargaming community ;)

deinol
04-23-2015, 10:16 AM
Any bets whether or not Knight Titans get a ranged D weapon option?

40kGamer
04-23-2015, 10:31 AM

Smart money is that they'll get at least one. If they don't I'll pass out from surprise!

deinol
04-23-2015, 11:15 AM
Smart money is that they'll get at least one. If they don't I'll pass out from surprise!

That is my bet. All the imperial whining about wraith knights getting D will probably be short lived if the imperial knights are boosted to match.

Kirsten
04-23-2015, 11:26 AM
I can't see the Warlord being advertised in White Dwarf, at the very least not yet. White Dwarf is always several months behind forge world releases, the latest issue has only just advertised the ogryn charonites. whether or not it is the new knights I have no idea. would be cool if it was.

Defenestratus
04-23-2015, 11:37 AM
That is my bet. All the imperial whining about wraith knights getting D will probably be short lived if the imperial knights are boosted to match.

I bet they not only get ranged Str D, but its a blast marker.

Kirsten
04-23-2015, 11:54 AM
I doubt it. none of the knight weapons so far have been anything like Strength D calibre at range.

40kGamer
04-23-2015, 12:16 PM
I bet they not only get ranged Str D, but its a blast marker.

And a 60" range. :p

Houghten
04-23-2015, 01:35 PM
Traditionally, the Castellan and Crusader are armed with a Quake Cannon, which (assuming it shares its stats with the gun of the same name mounted on the Banesword) is not Strength D.

40kGamer
04-23-2015, 07:05 PM
From the frontpage

•Crusader is armed with: Quake Cannon, TL Las-cannons
•Warden is armed with: Volcano Cannon, Multi-barreled Autocannon
•Both models have an optional top carapace missile launcher weapon mount, with multishot S8, AP3 anti-flyer capability
•Both models are protected by a single energy field based heavily on the rules for the Stronghold Assault book’s Void Shield Generator.
•Armor Values: Front:14 Side:13 Rear:13
•Hull Points: 8
•Both models clock in well above the cost of the Knight Paladin/Errant

If the Volcano cannon pans out we may see a very long range blast D weapon after all! Maybe the Eldar drama will die a quick death. :o

daboarder
04-23-2015, 07:15 PM
there goes the arms race

though if they are more expensive than teh current knights they are going to be facing off against a pair or more of Wraiths, meaning that money is still probably on the wraiths (who dont care about AV14)

DrBored
04-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Well, Knight armies are certainly going to be more varied at least. I can definitely see these ranged knights being a better compliment to some Imperium armies, like Space Marines, whereas the close combat variants are a little better for Skitarii and Guard that get chewed up by melee.

ShadowcatX
04-23-2015, 08:46 PM
From the frontpage

•Crusader is armed with: Quake Cannon, TL Las-cannons
•Warden is armed with: Volcano Cannon, Multi-barreled Autocannon
•Both models have an optional top carapace missile launcher weapon mount, with multishot S8, AP3 anti-flyer capability
•Both models are protected by a single energy field based heavily on the rules for the Stronghold Assault book’s Void Shield Generator.
•Armor Values: Front:14 Side:13 Rear:13
•Hull Points: 8
•Both models clock in well above the cost of the Knight Paladin/Errant

If the Volcano cannon pans out we may see a very long range blast D weapon after all! Maybe the Eldar drama will die a quick death. :o

You know if the Imperium get ranged S: D, they'll still hate on ours.

nziv
04-23-2015, 09:27 PM
If it's for 400 or so points I don't think they'll care much. If it comes in at 550 or 600, yeah there will be hate

Mr Mystery
04-23-2015, 10:58 PM
I kind of hope Knights dont get ranged Strength D.

I don't say that because I don't think it has a place in 40k, but I would like to see it kept as something uniquely Eldar. To me Distortion Weapons, which open a sodding warp portal in or around you should be Strength D.

Long ranged, high strength, AP1 or 2? Yes. Very cool. But no need for it to have Strength D :) if I need to neuter your big stuff, that's what my Knights Errant and Paladin are for, up close and personal.

Currently, Knights are the terror of most infantry and light vehicles, but without a Knight Errant, don't pose a 'one turn' threat to heavy tanks at range. Let that be the Castellan's niche - long ranged support, but not a replacement for the Paladin and Errant, who lack the sheer firepower shown in the rumours.

Talys
04-23-2015, 11:20 PM
I kind of hope Knights dont get ranged Strength D.

I don't say that because I don't think it has a place in 40k, but I would like to see it kept as something uniquely Eldar. To me Distortion Weapons, which open a sodding warp portal in or around you should be Strength D.

Long ranged, high strength, AP1 or 2? Yes. Very cool. But no need for it to have Strength D :) if I need to neuter your big stuff, that's what my Knights Errant and Paladin are for, up close and personal.

Currently, Knights are the terror of most infantry and light vehicles, but without a Knight Errant, don't pose a 'one turn' threat to heavy tanks at range. Let that be the Castellan's niche - long ranged support, but not a replacement for the Paladin and Errant, who lack the sheer firepower shown in the rumours.

It would be massively unfair to have only 1 unit in the game with Strength D at range, ever, though. On the other hand, it would be ok if the knights had something that was similar (does destroyer level damage), but called something else. The mechanics could even be different -- as long as it had the same chance to kill an 8+ wound model and had a 1/6 chance of ignoring invulnerable saves, etc.

zanth
04-24-2015, 12:21 AM
Just do what I did with my Eldar codex: sell it on eBay as soon as the rumor of the new codex is verified. Remember those of us that are crazy with following rumors are just a small niche of the wargaming community ;)

I bought the interactive iBooks version. :P

Kirsten
04-24-2015, 02:36 AM
would be a surpise to see a full size volcano cannon on a knight unless these ones are much much larger than the first two.

they sound cool though.

Houghten
04-24-2015, 02:40 AM
You know if the Imperium get ranged S: D, they'll still hate on ours.

The Imperium HAS ranged Strength D, unless all the Shadowswords in the world mysteriously imploded overnight.

would be a surpise to see a full size volcano cannon on a knight unless these ones are much much larger than the first two.

Weapon sizes occasionally vary with no explanation whatsoever.

Compare, for example, the Hades autocannon on the Heldrake with the Hades autocannon on the Forgefiend.

And they were released at the same time!

Kirsten
04-24-2015, 03:46 AM
true, would still be a strange choice though.

Arkhan Land
04-24-2015, 06:19 AM
it really depends on how big this bad boy is. also dont know if itll be like the Battle Cannon where there is a "Knight" version with a slight difference, I'de kind of expect the "Warden" volcano cannon will be a smaller blast radius

Kirsten
04-24-2015, 06:22 AM
could be yeah

Mr Mystery
04-24-2015, 06:49 AM
I suspect if anything it will be a single barrelled turbolaser.

Kirsten
04-24-2015, 06:56 AM
that would work too.

ShadowcatX
04-24-2015, 07:17 AM
The Imperium HAS ranged Strength D, unless all the Shadowswords in the world mysteriously imploded overnight.!

A lot of people see a difference in having something from forgeworld and having it from GW.

Houghten
04-24-2015, 07:21 AM
The Shadowsword is a plastic kit, or did I wake up in a parallel universe again? And its rules are in Escalation. FW need never enter the picture, unless you want an Arkurion pattern.

it really depends on how big this bad boy is. also dont know if itll be like the Battle Cannon where there is a "Knight" version with a slight difference, I'de kind of expect the "Warden" volcano cannon will be a smaller blast radius
There's precedent for that, with the Reaver Titan's volcano cannon having a 7" blast to the Shadowsword's 5".

I suspect if anything it will be a single barrelled turbolaser.
You mean that weapon on the Thunderhawk with the same stats (except possibly range) as the volcano cannon on the Shadowsword?

Kirsten
04-24-2015, 07:36 AM
I hate it when that happens.

Si Parke
04-24-2015, 07:39 AM
they should make on with two CCWs as described in the last ride from mechanicum

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-24-2015, 12:11 PM
I hope there is more visual difference between these two new types than there were with the previous two. Nice models and all, but I like different units to have more visual difference between them personally. it's good to see knights getting more attention at any rate, they do need more diversity even though "armies" of them will still be small.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
04-24-2015, 01:12 PM
I hope there is more visual difference between these two new types than there were with the previous two. Nice models and all, but I like different units to have more visual difference between them personally. it's good to see knights getting more attention at any rate, they do need more diversity even though "armies" of them will still be small.Yeah, hoping the fire support knights will be big, squat mounds of a machine.

Max King
04-24-2015, 01:15 PM
If i plan on only playing the knight paladin/errant will I need the new codex for models I don't want?

Bigred
04-25-2015, 07:26 PM
via bird in the trees 4-25-2015:

Look for the following on the heels on the Assassins Game:

Imperial Knights are being redone:
Products include:

New Codex

New Cardset

New Crusader/Warden combo kit

Knight Transfer sheet (unchanged from last time)

Further Chatter:

Contradictory chatter is talking about the possibility of some new kit bits being usable across both the new and older plastic Knights kits. Unknown if this is merely coincidence for aesthetic modeling, or perhaps may open up actual rules/gameplay opportunities…

Look for a thicker IK codex with more content.

Named character Knights are to be rolled up and included in the codex.*

~Editor’s note: *Gerantius is the only one I can think of off-hand, but it would be trivial for the Studio to kick out a handful from the Knight Heraldry/Background book.

Houghten
04-25-2015, 07:27 PM
There's also the Obsidian Knight, from Warzone Damocles (OOP).

Bigred
04-26-2015, 12:55 AM
There's also the Obsidian Knight, from Warzone Damocles (OOP).

Oh yeah - I forgot about Warzone Damocles...

Good catch Houghten.

I'm hoping we get Auric Arachnus - Tyranid hunter extraordinaire!

ShadowcatX
04-26-2015, 06:43 AM
From what I've seen on from people talking about other vehicles with the volcano cannon, it has a 7inch template at S D. Wonder if we'll see the same wide spread condemnation the Eldar faced...

40kGamer
04-26-2015, 06:45 AM
Yeah, hoping the fire support knights will be big, squat mounds of a machine.

The Inquisition has opened a file on your use of forbidden text.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I've seen on from people talking about other vehicles with the volcano cannon, it has a 7inch template at S D. Wonder if we'll see the same wide spread condemnation the Eldar faced...

Guess it all depends on the PV. If it's really high I expect we'll see the Eldar receive an extra helping of hate.

Houghten
04-26-2015, 07:10 AM

That's the Reaver Titan version. Volcano cannon appear to have the unique property of changing stats depending on what they're equipped to, without a change of name to go with it.

Shadowsword: 5" blast
Reaver: 7" blast
Warlord (or Imperator, as a carapace weapon): 10" blast

The range also goes up in 60" increments.

I'd expect a Knight-mounted volcano cannon to either share its stats with the Shadowsword version, or have a 3" blast and 60" range.

Mr Mystery
04-26-2015, 09:39 AM
I was up the laundrette today, and decided to get this week's Picture Summoning Sacrifice in nice and earlier, because I like Knights.

For those interested, this week I told a Magpie he was a big girl's blouse, and questioned his parentage.

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-26-2015, 03:31 PM
via one of Gary's birds (http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/3-new-knights-coming-this-week-warden.html) 4-26-2015

Three new Knights next week

- Knight Warden
- Knight Crusader
- Knight Gallant

They are only weapon-swaps, not completely new

---

yeah I know Faeit has a bad rep, but this one does sound believable to me personally. Shame if true about weapon swaps being the only thing different, very boring imo.

DrBored
04-27-2015, 01:18 AM
Here we go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FKhFMpi-pA

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-27-2015, 02:07 AM
ah shame, looks like it's teh same chassis for all 5, just different weapon loadouts. Bit boring imo ,but I guess itll be good for IK players to have more than 2 weapon options now. I think FW are doing more interesting things with the knights personally.

Mr Mystery
04-27-2015, 02:10 AM
Well, that change things a bit....

I can either

a) do all the car repairs this month
B) go larping (£60 already paid, but involves driving to Nodnol for work so I can head off straight after)
C) take that £60 hit, do some of the repairs, and treat myself to a fourth Knight (primarily for Heresy Games, face fans. Got the two Hybrid Kits because they're ace!)

Mr Mystery
04-27-2015, 03:10 AM
Decision made for me!

Car exhaust is gonna be around.....£170 to sort out, and I've got roughly £350ish for the rest of the month....

Which also sadly scuppers LARP, as my car is my tent, and I've got too much kit gubbins to cart about to make the train practical.

Guess it's a fourth Knight pour moi!

Mr Mystery
04-27-2015, 05:04 AM
Looks like one new ranged weapon for the arms, one new CCW (fist). And two new carapace weapons.

I am intrigued. I'm wondering if the Paladin kit will be withdrawn now?

Houghten
04-27-2015, 05:19 AM
Thought 1: well, this explains that one hole on the Knight carapace.

Thought 2: at last, Knights Errant can be constructed with a fist, as the STC demands.

- - - Updated - - -

I am intrigued. I'm wondering if the Paladin kit will be withdrawn now?

Depends whether the new stuff is an upgrade sprue or a complete kit that just has a lot of the same pieces. If the former, then we could conceivably stop seeing the existing kit sold without it, yes.

Mr Mystery
04-27-2015, 06:52 AM
I'm thinking its an additional sprue. Would be a lot cheaper development wise than a full recut.

I'm hoping that the fist weapon has special rules, rather than just another SD.

Arkhan Land
04-27-2015, 07:29 AM
at last, Knights Errant can be constructed with a fist, as the STC demands.

I dont know if theyll let us mix and match different things like that sadly, with the sillouihette of that third CC only knight I think theyre going to be tightly controlling rules to match weapons. I assume this will give them ability to release other combos/features as money making dataslates

Mystery on the fist, I would hope so too, though im not sure how much more powerfull or different they could make one from the other, except perhaps making something akin to the opposite of d-scythes: a +1 on the D table.

Mr Mystery
04-27-2015, 09:01 AM
Could have other benefits. A fist is a far more adaptable weapon than pretty much anything else.

fedratsailor
04-27-2015, 11:15 AM
The original box is still available on the webstore. looks like they might be keeping that box and having a 2nd box for the new stuff. so you can get either of them.

Bigred
04-27-2015, 11:36 AM
Weekly Imperial Knight Products & Prices

Codex Imperial Knights £25.00
Imperial Knight Warden £95.00
Datacards: Imperial Knights £7.50

Mr Mystery
04-27-2015, 11:39 AM
That's me in for £32.50 at least.

Houghten
04-27-2015, 11:47 AM
What, no Baron Edition?

Marins
04-27-2015, 11:49 AM
What i heard is that with new kit we can do 4 Knights, two old, Palladin and Errant and new ones, Crusader and Warden.

Mr Mystery
04-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Might still be - it's info rather than a photo.

Houghten
04-27-2015, 12:17 PM
Sorry, I'll rephrase that more clearly:
*ahem*
"I believe this information to be incomplete at best, and merely a plausible-sounding guess at worst."

Defenestratus
04-27-2015, 12:24 PM
Willing to bet that Knights lose their inv save for a void shield or two.

Mr Mystery
04-27-2015, 12:27 PM
I dunno dude.

They had directional shielding in Epic, and it seems GW are in an old school mood of late. Eldar are as 2nd Ed as they used to be!

Defenestratus
04-27-2015, 12:31 PM
I dunno dude.

They had directional shielding in Epic, and it seems GW are in an old school mood of late. Eldar are as 2nd Ed as they used to be!

Yeah but the answer to everyone's unwarranted whinging about the Eldar D-cannons will be void shields - maybe directional... Two void shields gives them a fighting chance against a WG/WS drive by which is really all they'd need to have to tank.

Mr Mystery
04-27-2015, 12:45 PM
I'd much rather just accept that someone firing warp breaches at me is going to do a lot of damage, and trust to my current, permanent, nothing my enemy can do about it Invulnerable Save, and also accept I might just have to out think my opponent rather than depend on a MacGuffingadgetygizmo.

Path Walker
04-27-2015, 12:49 PM
With the promise of Knightly Heirlooms as an addition to the Objective cards, I'm interested to see the Knights as more of a complete army than something I can throw into a game. I think Knights are great but I do think you have you let your opponent know and let them prepare for it, but thats the same with most things, no fun to be on either side of an all out thrashing.

Tomgar
04-27-2015, 01:19 PM
Yeah but the answer to everyone's unwarranted whinging about the Eldar D-cannons will be void shields - maybe directional... Two void shields gives them a fighting chance against a WG/WS drive by which is really all they'd need to have to tank.

"Unwarranted."

Lol.

Houghten
04-27-2015, 02:06 PM

If the whinging is unwarranted, then "void shields" aren't the answer; "stop your unwarranted whinging and go stick your head in a pig" is the answer.

If the whinging is warranted, then void shields still aren't the answer because the only Eldar player who'd fire their D-weapons without taking down the void shields first is the one who doesn't know what a void shield is, and once they're down you've got no protection against the D at all.

40kGamer
04-27-2015, 02:13 PM
Regardless of GW's silhouette tease for the new Knights the only thing I see as an Eldar player is this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VcW5P7mnUr4/UtYkp6d4PJI/AAAAAAAAnSI/osKScjDlYuo/s1600/Nuclear-Explosion-001.jpg

Mr Mystery
04-27-2015, 02:18 PM
If the whinging is unwarranted, then "void shields" aren't the answer; "stop your unwarranted whinging and go stick your head in a pig" is the answer.

If the whinging is warranted, then void shields still aren't the answer because the only Eldar player who'd fire their D-weapons without taking down the void shields first is the one who doesn't know what a void shield is, and once they're down you've got no protection against the D at all.

The D. Hurr!

40kGamer
04-27-2015, 02:21 PM
The D. Hurr!

Undoubtedly an innocent slip of shorthand.

Mr Mystery
04-27-2015, 02:39 PM
I'm interested to see what the arm weapon is. It looks like it might be Gatling of some kind?

40kGamer
04-27-2015, 02:41 PM
Maybe a scaled down version of the gatling blaster? Would be cool to get a high ROF mid Strength Weapon... maybe with skyfire option?

Denzark
04-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Regardless of GW's silhouette tease for the new Knights the only thing I see as an Eldar player is this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VcW5P7mnUr4/UtYkp6d4PJI/AAAAAAAAnSI/osKScjDlYuo/s1600/Nuclear-Explosion-001.jpg

Is that a pictorial representation of your chances of getting a game?

40kGamer
04-27-2015, 05:00 PM
Is that a pictorial representation of your chances of getting a game?

Most likely! :p

Ravingbantha
04-27-2015, 05:52 PM
Next year the Knight Baron will be released and yet another new codex.

Talys
04-27-2015, 06:00 PM

Instantly regenerating void shields! Roll a die after a void shield is struck. On a 5 or 6, the void shield is instantly regenerated.

Or, Advanced Void Shields: After the void shield absorbs a hit, and until it regenerates, residual energy will diffuse any subsequent hit such that the maximum number of wounds caused is 1.

See, the way to sell stuff is to make a unit hard to kill, give the other guy a bigger stick to hit it with, and then give the first guy a bigger garbage can lid to hide behind.

MajorWesJanson
04-27-2015, 10:49 PM
Next year the Knight Baron will be released and yet another new codex.

I'm hoping that we see progression on the model front.
Baneblade got 2 new sprues to make a shadowsword. Sprues later added to baneblade box, price raised.
Knight Kit getting a new sprue (probably just 1) to make alternate builds in the box. Price raised.
Ork Stompa is the cheapest Superheavy now. It could also use some weapon options. Maybe next year we will get a new Stompa box with 1-2 new sprues for some arm and head options and a belly gun, and a price raise to bring it up to $160.

Kirsten
04-28-2015, 03:47 AM
looking forward to seeing these, will be awesome.

Mr Mystery
04-28-2015, 04:05 AM
I have seen the cover, and it is good.

Gatling Cannon looks to be perhaps rotary autocannon in scale, and the carapace mounted launcher looks interesting.

New head as well - closer to the classic Epic Reaver.

If they're not up by my lunch, I'll copy the pic over from Facebook.

Kirsten
04-28-2015, 04:31 AM
rumour did say it was a rotary autocannon

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd380/KirstenIGMB/11146537_857272154339188_1991221785258003408_n_zps jdrgufxw.jpg (http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/11146537_857272154339188_1991221785258003408_n_zps jdrgufxw.jpg.html)

Houghten
04-28-2015, 05:04 AM
They also mentioned a quake cannon, a volcano cannon and a twin-linked lascannon, so either it was a case of "stopped clock" or the other options haven't yet been shown (you'd think they'd have made an appearance in the silhouette video... I admit we don't know what one of those carapace weapons was, but it can't be all of the above).

Did any of the rumours mention the fist?

Mr Mystery
04-28-2015, 05:19 AM
Not that I recall.

Previous rumours could have been based entirely upon the original Epic Models, which had the weapons as listed above, but no fist.

Intrigued for more pictures.

Perhaps a poison pen letter to a Mongoose shall prove sacrifice enough?

Acaelus
04-28-2015, 05:48 AM

Mr Mystery
04-28-2015, 05:51 AM
I am in your ranks, hurling your tanks!

Yes please Santa!

And now.....commence whinging about the rotary cannon being really quite tasty in 3......2......1.......GO!

Acaelus
04-28-2015, 05:55 AM
I am in your ranks, hurling your tanks!

Yes please Santa!

And now.....commence whinging about the rotary cannon being really quite tasty in 3......2......1.......GO!

One of them is Models with Gatling Cannon, Battle Cannon and Stormspear Pod........DAKKA DAKKA KNIGHTS ! :P

Mr Mystery
04-28-2015, 06:00 AM
More pictures!

Now!

Kirsten
04-28-2015, 06:01 AM
strange that they have gone for the non-twin linked version of the castigator.

Houghten
04-28-2015, 06:02 AM
Who else is hoping the avenger mega bolter on the Nephilim gets the same stats as the avenger Gatling cannon in the next DA book?

Acaelus
04-28-2015, 06:04 AM
Also the end of the Magazine might say something about Lords of Mars...Enjoy :)

Kirsten
04-28-2015, 06:05 AM
ooh, next Ad Mech codex? hope so.

Acaelus
04-28-2015, 06:11 AM
ooh, next Ad Mech codex? hope so.

Well Models next week....but you never know :P

Arkhan Land
04-28-2015, 06:21 AM
No-D besides un-ranged. kinda suprised, kinda strange.

Kirsten
04-28-2015, 06:27 AM
I don't think it is strange, the knight weapons aren't that large, mainly bigger versions of standard vehicle guns. I was highly doubtful of the volcano cannon rumour.

Mr Mystery
04-28-2015, 06:33 AM
Yarp.

Looking forward to these.

Acaelus
04-28-2015, 06:37 AM
Knights also get "Heirlooms" (Relic) so could be some fun stuff in there, Only 2 are mentioned - Paragon Gauntlet and Mark of the Omnissiah

Houghten
04-28-2015, 06:44 AM
Going back for another look at the silhouette video, that second carapace weapon is clearly recognisable as a twin Icarus autocannon once you know what you're looking for. I thought it was some kind of exotic arcaeotech beam weapon at first.

ShadowcatX
04-28-2015, 07:10 AM
I'm surprised at the lack of ranged D as well. I totally bought the rumor on the volcano.

40kGamer
04-28-2015, 07:32 AM
I'm surprised at the lack of ranged D as well. I totally bought the rumor on the volcano.

I bought it too. I do really like the new weapon options, especially the Gatling Cannon!

ShadowcatX
04-28-2015, 08:03 AM
I bought it too. I do really like the new weapon options, especially the Gatling Cannon!

Gattling cannon is amazing.

Defenestratus
04-28-2015, 08:10 AM

And here I had faith that GW would "do the right thing".

Oh well.

40kGamer
04-28-2015, 08:14 AM

Oh well.

I'm pleasantly surprised they left the weapons of hot ranged death in the hands of the Eldar. Seriously, the young races shouldn't be trusted with the more dangerous toys. :p

Mr Mystery
04-28-2015, 08:40 AM

Oh well.

I think they have. Eldar have weaponised breaches in reality.

The Imperium just fires lots of honking big shells at you.

Defenestratus
04-28-2015, 09:57 AM
I think they have. Eldar have weaponised breaches in reality.

The Imperium just fires lots of honking big shells at you.

Indeed. Its terribly cinematic. However, it will not keep the less adventurous amongst our hobby to huff and puff and scoff when I pull out an Eldar army - regardless of whether I actually take any Wraith constructs.

Mr Mystery
04-28-2015, 10:02 AM
Well big floppy donkey dobbers to them, the spoilsport tosspots.

Cap'nSmurfs
04-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Quite.

I like these new knights, but they're not a faction I'm really that interested in.

Kirsten
04-28-2015, 10:46 AM
slightly disappointed there isn't a new long range gun, like an earthshaker type weapon. still awesome to see new variants though. might have to do a knight army now that there are enough plastic varieties.

Bigred
04-28-2015, 12:31 PM
via Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/zVYDs), Bolter & Chainsword (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305781-rumours-am-cult-mechanicus-knights-knight-wd/page-23), Gamestrust.de (http://www.gamestrust.de/tabletop/produkt,bilder,warhammer-40-000-imperiale-ritter,id2051.html) 4-28-2015

Get out your German to English translators...

Houghten
04-28-2015, 01:15 PM
Someone who can understand the nuances of German grammar can translate the flavour text; I'll stick to the wargear.

The Warden comes standard with the avenger gatling cannon, a heavy flamer,1 a heavy stubber, a reaper chainsword and an ion shield, all for the same 375 points as a Paladin. Come to that, I could have said all that much faster by saying it's a Paladin that swapped its battle-cannon-and-heavy-stubber for a gatling-cannon-and-heavy-flamer, but unlike the Paladin,2 the Warden has options!

It can replace the chainsword with a thunderstrike gauntlet for 10 points, replace the heavy stubber with a meltagun for 5 points,3 and / or take one carapace-mounted weapon: ironstorm rocket pod for 30 points, twin icarus autocannon for 35 points or stormspear rocket pod for 40 points.

These options can only make one of the silhouettes from the video, so there's at least one datasheet we've yet to see and probably two (one double-melee variant and one double-ranged).

1Underslung on the cannon, but these days Co-Axial is a vestigial rule appearing only in Imperial Armour publications.
2At least, the current datasheet. Perhaps the Paladin and Errant will become more customisable too.
3Fun to have I guess, but I'd rather keep the heavy stubber; I want to have something that probably won't exploderate whatever it's aimed at so that I can charge at it.

Houghten
04-28-2015, 02:11 PM
Attached: one of the more interesting images from gamestrust.de (http://www.gamestrust.de/tabletop/produkt,bilder,warhammer-40-000-imperiale-ritter,id2051.html).
Looks like the Crimson Reaper is a new special character, a Freeblade with a habit of carelessly trampling his own allies.

Ravingbantha
04-28-2015, 03:02 PM
The Eldar have some of the most advanced weaponry in the Galaxy, the Empire is afraid of new thought, so why would they have the tools the Eldar have?

Mr Mystery
04-28-2015, 03:11 PM
What, like D-Weapons?

Kirsten
04-28-2015, 03:12 PM
an imperial knight could totally use a heavy d cannon.

as a club to batter a wraithknight to death.

Mr Mystery
04-28-2015, 03:13 PM
That's why you let the Eldars bring them, then like a proper Empire, do a bit of TWOCK, slaughter the natives, then blame the natives!

Duh!

Houghten
04-28-2015, 03:14 PM

If it wouldn't break my multi-year streak, I'd sigquote that.

Kirsten
04-28-2015, 03:20 PM
excellent.

Kirsten
04-28-2015, 03:37 PM
Ion shield is the same as the current version, 4+ invulnerable on one facing

Power Klawz
04-28-2015, 03:52 PM
Isn't there another variant with a different weapon as well? Looks like we've only got info on one of them.

40kGamer
04-28-2015, 03:54 PM

Very fitting. Mon-keigh couldn't use advanced weapons without killing themselves anywho.

Cap'nSmurfs
04-28-2015, 03:54 PM
Throwing vehicles and MCs around is hilarious. Love it.

40kGamer
04-28-2015, 03:55 PM
Throwing vehicles and MCs around is hilarious. Love it.

Definitely my favorite part of the leaks so far!

Patrick Boyle
04-28-2015, 04:06 PM
Isn't there another variant with a different weapon as well? Looks like we've only got info on one of them.

I'm not sure why the images haven't ended up here, but the BoLS front page article (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/04/new-knights-full-pictures-more.html) has images of the Knight Crusader, which is armed with the Knight Paladin's Battle Cannon and the Warden's Gatling cannon. The third silhouette appears to be armed with the Paladin/Errant Chainsblade and the new Fist weapon.

So beyond the ones in the already leaked images there aren't any new weapons; the gatling cannon, fist, and three carapace options have been added to the pool and various Knight models just seem to mix and match. I'm curious if the Crusader will be able to swap the Battle cannon for the Melta weapon instead. Given the warden is armed with the chainsword by default and pays for the fist, it seems like a swap like that is possible.

Ravingbantha
04-28-2015, 04:59 PM
What, like D-Weapons?

like easy access to D weapons. Yes the empire has some, but not on the Level the Eldar can make them. To a backwards thinking civilization like the Empire a D-weapon in a rare thing. The Eldar on the other hand, do not have such superstitions like 'creative thinking is heresy'.

Houghten
04-28-2015, 05:24 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to be doing some unsanctioned mixing and matching.

When the Knights first came out, my very first thought was "I want to make one with two meltas."

(I have this bad habit of doing matched pairs of weapons even if the unit entry doesn't allow it; just ask my Assault Squad.)

I didn't, in the end, because I didn't realise the battle cannon and thermal cannon shared their core parts; I wasn't able to cannibalise one Knight's thermal cannon and still build it as a Paladin, and it just looked hilariously sad with two chainswords and zero elbows. It seemed a bit too big to convert into a Mega-Dread and Gorkanauts weren't a thing at the time, so I just built one Paladin and one Errant, both completely game-legal.

But now, we have extra options! With the Warden box you can cannibalise the entire thermal cannon and still pick any two of avenger gatling cannon, reaper chainsword and thunderstrike gauntlet to build a complete Knight, and it won't look completely ridiculous!

So fear! Fear my twin meltas! And probably also my twin gatlers! And, if I can manage to reposition the fingers convincingly, my twin thunderstrike gauntlets! I am that which is illegal even in Unbound! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, and an Errant with a thunderstrike gauntlet. The Crusader, Warden and Castellan may be completely unrecognisable from their Epic incarnations, but the Paladin's weapons match up and now the Errant's can too! And if I take the right bits of Shadowsword gun from my bitz box I can make a Castellan with an actual quake cannon to go with its avenger gatling cannon, or "multi-barrel autocannon" as it used to be known... hmm. Now I need to figure out how best to attach a twin-linked lascannon, and I can have a Crusader to go with them, and then I'd just be missing a Lancer and Baron (and a Warden, but they really ought to be on a completely different chassis). I wonder how best to make a power lance?

Shipmonkey
04-28-2015, 07:50 PM
I'm curious if the Crusader will be able to swap the Battle cannon for the Melta weapon instead. Given the warden is armed with the chainsword by default and pays for the fist, it seems like a swap like that is possible.

According to the leaked pages, the Crusader starts with a Thermal Cannon and has to upgrade to the Rapid-fire Battlecannon.

Gotthammer
04-28-2015, 09:17 PM
The Eldar have some of the most advanced weaponry in the Galaxy, the Empire is afraid of new thought, so why would they have the tools the Eldar have?

That their tools are unable to provide D really shows it is indeed a grim future for mankind.

Mr Mystery
04-28-2015, 11:34 PM
*fnarr fnarr!*

MitchH311
04-28-2015, 11:51 PM
I'm so sick of these controlled click bait releases by people, if you have photos of 1 stat sheet you have the photos of the others.

Mr Mystery
04-28-2015, 11:54 PM
As with many things in life, 90% of the enjoyment is the tease.

Erik Setzer
04-29-2015, 07:46 AM
35 points for the AA gun might seem high, but it *is* something that counters a vulnerability on Knights. Others have pointed out that it's more mobile than an Aegis line's gun, but it's also a fair point to note that it's firing at BS4 (possibly 5 depending on the Knight), and the only way to fire the Aegis' gun at BS4 is to have a model standing there, which means you're paying extra cost for that model. And if that model was in a squad, the entire squad would have to fire at the same target, potentially wasting shots. A Knight can fire its AA at a flyer or skimmer, and still fire its other weapons at other targets.

If the price converts to US as it should, even with a little tacked on to push it up to $140, I think that's acceptable. Sure, it'd be preferable if it was cheaper, but having an already expensive model not pushed up to sillier levels just because they tossed in some options so it wasn't a two-option kit is at least a step toward reason, especially as they want to be able to sell these guys as armies, and that requires at least five Knights, already an investment of $700. So yeah, someone's making a smart move if they aren't pushing up the price. That said... the current Knight is 110 euros, $140 US, so we *might* see a higher price. Can't know for sure yet. But I think the conversion rate changed somewhere, and the euro price is actually increasing to fix that. Here's a breakdown of the prices in regions and what those prices convert to in other currencies:

110 euros ($122 US / 79 pounds)
85 pounds ($131 US / 119 euros)
$140 US (91 pounds / 127 euros)

So the current price in the UK and Europe is cheaper than the US price. The UK price is actually a little higher than the euro price. Change to 124 euros and 90 pounds, keep it at $140 US, and it's about the same price across the board... until currency conversion rates change the price in some region (at least in relation to other regions).

Mr Mystery
04-29-2015, 08:55 AM
Not to mention its AA mounted on a Knight. Good luck getting rid of it in a hurry...

Erik Setzer
04-29-2015, 09:29 AM
*Sigh.* Okay, just heard the codex is $41 (okay, fine, old one was that price and this should have more useful stuff), but Knight is $157.

And I might be able to accept the +$20 because they tossed in more stuff and all, and I don't want a whole army so the extra $100 for five Knights isn't that troubling to me. But knowing that the price in Germany translates to $21 LESS than the US price is just, well, quite annoying. On principle I feel like I'd prefer to buy a Knight in a way that doesn't give GW money, but that's not possible. So I might go with an online retailer, which means I have to take business away from a guy I like. But being charged more for the same product just isn't right, especially on that level of difference.

Okay, whatever, rant down... Best thing I can do is actually take the money and spend it with another company (and buy a whole force or two for some other game), but since I'm just one guy, that's not really going to teach them a lesson.

40kGamer
04-29-2015, 09:33 AM
*Sigh.* Okay, just heard the codex is $41 (okay, fine, old one was that price and this should have more useful stuff), but Knight is $157.

And I might be able to accept the +$20 because they tossed in more stuff and all, and I don't want a whole army so the extra $100 for five Knights isn't that troubling to me. But knowing that the price in Germany translates to $21 LESS than the US price is just, well, quite annoying. On principle I feel like I'd prefer to buy a Knight in a way that doesn't give GW money, but that's not possible. So I might go with an online retailer, which means I have to take business away from a guy I like. But being charged more for the same product just isn't right, especially on that level of difference.

Okay, whatever, rant down... Best thing I can do is actually take the money and spend it with another company (and buy a whole force or two for some other game), but since I'm just one guy, that's not really going to teach them a lesson.

Australia says hello.... (If I remember the cross border price disparities properly.)

Erik Setzer
04-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Australia says hello.... (If I remember the cross border price disparities properly.)

Yeah, I feel like it's a "Colonial Tax" overall. There might be some excuse they can claim with Australia, but given that it's ridiculously easy to ship to the US, there's no excuse for that kind of disparity, especially on a new product. I get the sinking feeling that if I looked I'd see more of them, and it'd help explain why people in the UK feel less of a sting paying for GW products. But if I do that, it'll likely end up with me feeling like I don't want to give my money to a company that tells customers to bend over and take it just because they're in the wrong country. I guess ignorance is bliss...

Knock up the UK and Europe price to what America is paying, though, we'll see how much people are okay with the prices.

Kirsten
04-29-2015, 09:50 AM
products almost never get priced according to exchange rates. whether it is a knight, a ford mondeo, or a bottle of beer. GW did not invent the concept.

eldargal
04-29-2015, 09:52 AM
products almost never get priced according to exchange rates. whether it is a knight, a ford mondeo, or a bottle of beer. GW did not invent the concept.

Related example: Hasbro take the US price on their products and swap the dollar sign for a pound sign when they sell it in the UK.

40kGamer
04-29-2015, 10:05 AM
Multi Currency can wreak havoc on corporate financials so companies just tend to and price markets very differently. My biggest gripe has always been FW charging me VAT tax when I know they get the % refunded as part of the UK tax settlement process. I guess that free shipping isn't really free! VAT's probably hiding in the translation of the mainline products too just never worried overly much with it. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention its AA mounted on a Knight. Good luck getting rid of it in a hurry...

This really helps address one of the biggest blind spots for the Knight army. Outside of Eldar tanking them Knights are looking way better with this release.

Power Klawz
04-29-2015, 10:32 AM
If I'm not mistaken there was a knight type back in the epic days that did have some version of a volcano cannon, right?

It don't think it would be too game breaking to give a knight a relatively short ranged (24 inches or so) small blast D strength volcano cannon. Would basically make it an upgunned version of a demolisher (with legs.) Could make it two handed to further balance the unit, making it less useful in assault but still dependent on being in close range.

Erik Setzer
04-29-2015, 10:33 AM
I can't really justify tacking an AA gun on my existing Knight, though. I modeled him with strafing marks on his upper carapace to represent the weakness against aircraft. But maybe the next one, if/when I get one. If the carapace weapons are swappable, that'd be handy (also to make it easier to transport).

Actually, thinking of how I transport my own Knight in pieces... It should be pretty easy to just build the arms as their own pieces, like the current kit can do, and then you can just swap out arms as you want. Sure, it's possible you won't be able to make more than two arms per kit, but if you have even just two kits, you'll have four arms, and might have enough variety to change configurations between battles, especially handy if you can only bring one Knight (or only want to bring one). Not really doable for someone like me (any future Knights I have will be as uniquely modeled as the one I have now), but for people who do their Knights with uniform colors, it's a possibility.

40kGamer
04-29-2015, 10:41 AM
If I'm not mistaken there was a knight type back in the epic days that did have some version of a volcano cannon, right?

It don't think it would be too game breaking to give a knight a relatively short ranged (24 inches or so) small blast D strength volcano cannon. Would basically make it an upgunned version of a demolisher (with legs.) Could make it two handed to further balance the unit, making it less useful in assault but still dependent on being in close range.

Honestly even with a 60" range I don't think it would be a huge deal to give them a baby Volcano Cannon.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't really justify tacking an AA gun on my existing Knight, though. I modeled him with strafing marks on his upper carapace to represent the weakness against aircraft. But maybe the next one, if/when I get one. If the carapace weapons are swappable, that'd be handy (also to make it easier to transport).

Actually, thinking of how I transport my own Knight in pieces... It should be pretty easy to just build the arms as their own pieces, like the current kit can do, and then you can just swap out arms as you want. Sure, it's possible you won't be able to make more than two arms per kit, but if you have even just two kits, you'll have four arms, and might have enough variety to change configurations between battles, especially handy if you can only bring one Knight (or only want to bring one). Not really doable for someone like me (any future Knights I have will be as uniquely modeled as the one I have now), but for people who do their Knights with uniform colors, it's a possibility.

I'm thinking more about the full 5 Knight armies wanting the AA options. This new release will really fill out the Knight Only list nicely.

Patrick Boyle
04-29-2015, 10:48 AM

If I had to guess those carapace weapons will slot into that otherwise unused hole in the middle of the Knight's top plate, as it looks like that piece is unchanged from the Paladin/Errant kit. It's almost as if they planned to do something with it later when they made the original design... As for weather it'll be swappable, I guess that all depends on how the other parts of the weapon options connect to the piece that slots in.

For the arms, it's possible to do that, but you can't glue the shoulder pads down either, you'd have to magnetize those or something. There's just barely not enough room to rotate the arms to the position they can be slid off with the plates in place. It's doable though.

Erik Setzer
04-29-2015, 10:55 AM
I'm thinking more about the full 5 Knight armies wanting the AA options. This new release will really fill out the Knight Only list nicely.

Well, it also helps with my "Rogue Trader" army, as I wanted some AA, but didn't want to throw the AA array on an Onager or three, because while it's spectacular against flyers and skimmers, it's meh against everything else. It also helps my other Imperial armies, as I don't have the Space Marine anti-air vehicles yet, or the IG Hydras, so I'm mainly rolling with an Aegis line and flakk missiles for anti-air. And frankly, a Knight with some AA capabilities is more useful to me than buying three AA tanks, as I can use it for other targets, and it's a lot more interesting to build (and cheaper, too).

- - - Updated - - -

For the arms, it's possible to do that, but you can't glue the shoulder pads down either, you'd have to magnetize those or something. There's just barely not enough room to rotate the arms to the position they can be slid off with the plates in place. It's doable though.

I built my Knight in pieces to make it easier to paint, and it stays in those pieces for transport: Leg assembly; torso with head; arms; shoulder pads. Not magnetized. The shoulder pads do tend to pop off at times after I hit it all with Purity Seal, but I've been given some pointers on how to make it just "sticky" enough to hold on during battle. I definitely recommend building and transporting a Knight in pieces, much fewer headaches.

zanth
04-29-2015, 01:49 PM

They're not discontinuing the old box, so if you still want to have one Paladin and one Errant you can still grab the $140 box that's out right now down the road.

Mr Mystery
04-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Erik - where are you getting the prices from?

There was an error in reporting the prices on the front page, as the sample document was priced in Euro (€) but reported as GBP (£).

Codex is £25, cards £7.50 and the Knight £95.

Erik Setzer
04-29-2015, 04:09 PM
Erik - where are you getting the prices from?

There was an error in reporting the prices on the front page, as the sample document was priced in Euro (€) but reported as GBP (£).

Codex is £25, cards £7.50 and the Knight £95.

The prices for current Knights I grabbed from the site. The $157 US for Knight and $41 US for codex I heard from a GW manager, which makes me feel they're legit.

fedratsailor
04-29-2015, 09:20 PM
The prices for current Knights I grabbed from the site. The $157 US for Knight and $41 US for codex I heard from a GW manager, which makes me feel they're legit.

I can confirm this as I just got back from my local store and got to look at the WD quickly. also only the warden has a datasheet in the WD, the gallant and crusader don't have a datasheet.

MitchH311
04-29-2015, 10:31 PM
I can confirm this as I just got back from my local store and got to look at the WD quickly. also only the warden has a datasheet in the WD, the gallant and crusader don't have a datasheet.

This makes me sad :( I really wanted to see the crusader data sheet.

Wildcard
04-30-2015, 10:06 AM
What happened to the rumoured destroyer weapons? (Quake and Volcano cannons iirc)?

Bigred
04-30-2015, 11:35 AM
via one of Gary's birds (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/tcD9qz98LrY/imperial-knights-knightly-heirlooms.html) 4-30-2015

Knight Relics

Sanctuary - Counts as Ion Shield, uncovered facings get 6+ inv.
Ravager - (chainblade) S: D, Ap1, re-roll failed to hit rolls of 1.
The Paragon Guantlet - S: D, Ap2, Colossal, Hurl, Master-Crafted.
Mark of the Omnissiah - Gains It Will Not Die.
Helm of the Nameless Warrior - Gains Rampage.
Banner of Macharius Triumphant - All friendly from Armies of the Imperium
faction within 12" re-roll failed morale, pinning and fear tests.

Cap'nSmurfs
04-30-2015, 12:41 PM
"What happened to the rumoured destroyer weapons? (Quake and Volcano cannons iirc)? "

They never existed! Rumours, eh?

DarkLink
04-30-2015, 01:01 PM
"What happened to the rumoured destroyer weapons? (Quake and Volcano cannons iirc)? "

They never existed! Rumours, eh?

Or GW playtested them but changed them for the final release. Or that never was actually a rumor, just speculation on the part of random people on the internet. But, no, it couldn't possibly be either of those, we need to get in our rumor mongerer bashing at every opportunity.

Houghten
04-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Or that never was actually a rumor, just speculation on the part of random people on the internet.

No true rumour would put sugar on its porridge.

jokerkd
04-30-2015, 03:34 PM
Yeah, the D weapons were hopes and dreams.
On a bright side, we got a 12 shot ap3 assault cannon! And we can take it AND the melta/battlecannon arm AND the carapace weapon!!!!!!!
Thats nothing to shake a stick at!

DarkLink
04-30-2015, 08:44 PM
No true rumour would put sugar on its porridge.

Not if you understand the difference between rumor and speculation, at least. That's a fine distinction a lot of people don't seem to be able to grasp.

deinol
04-30-2015, 10:05 PM

I think I started the D speculation in this thread. Volcano and Quake cannons were just plausible imperial D technology.

The Emperor
04-30-2015, 11:09 PM
Or GW playtested them but changed them for the final release. Or that never was actually a rumor, just speculation on the part of random people on the internet. But, no, it couldn't possibly be either of those, we need to get in our rumor mongerer bashing at every opportunity.

GW? Playtesting? Surely you jest.

Some rumor mongerer's deserve to get bashed, because they're obviously spreading misinformation. In this case, the rumor monger who said we'd get very different looking Knights who were far more expensive than the current Knights with Front Armor 14, 8 Hull Points, Quake Cannons, Volcano Cannons, Twin-Linked Lascannons, and so on is obviously someone who was just guessing based off history and trying to pass themselves off as someone in the know when clearly they're not.

DarkLink
05-01-2015, 03:33 AM
Maybe, maybe not. In all serious, GW does in fact playtest, and the playtest rules can be significantly different than the final rules. You do not know what the playtest Knight rules are, you aren't a source, you do not know if they made it up or not.

If a particular source never gets anything right, just ignore them. The only reason for you to be ****ty about it is if you feel like behaving like an *** for the sake of it. Not that people don't do that on the internet constantly, but that doesn't give you a pass for bad behavior.

Erik Setzer
05-01-2015, 05:24 AM
In all serious, GW does in fact playtest

Well, between the schedule meaning a new codex is coming every week or two (or three at most), which gives pretty much no time, and the number of rules questions that shouldn't exist because playtesting would catch them and they should be answered in the codex before it's printed, it's increasingly hard to believe playtesting is actually done. It's not just the proofreading errors that at times really annoyed me while reading the End Times books, it's also issues where people get the book and immediately ask "How does this actually work in a game?" And if there's a useful amount of playtesting done, there shouldn't be many, if any, questions popping up like that. But, again, when you have a small team and are too paranoid to involve outsiders, it's hard to get much playtesting when you're pushing a new army every 1-3 weeks and each one has to be written, art done, laid out, and tested. While I know they do a lot of that before it heads to the printer, it would be strange to suggest they somehow created a backlog of stuff with more time in between the actual production and printing of the products. At best, they somehow hired a bunch of new faceless, nameless writers to increase the production... but that could lead to issues such as people not having enough experience with the game before being tossed in to redoing a major codex, and could create a situation where different teams are taking different approaches. (Granted, that could explain why within just a year's time, we've had two completely different styles of "7th edition codex.")

So best case scenario, GW does some playtesting, not much, but also has teams working around each other and is likely hiring inexperienced people to increase production on their flagship game. More likely scenario, they just don't do much playtesting, thinking, "Eh, good enough," and push it on down the line. (Also possible: The people writing the books these days aren't really gamers, and so in the process of playtesting wouldn't even think of trying the kind of combos or tactics that gamers would do with the books.)

Path Walker
05-01-2015, 05:35 AM
Or, GW has a lot of employees all doing different products or jobs and all get involved with playtesting. The Design Team aren't all working on one codex at a time, several different ones are in production at any time and playtested as they go. Yet again Erik, you know nothing but type a lot.

Houghten
05-02-2015, 03:24 AM
Exalted Court of House Terryn (http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Exalted-Court-House-Terryn-Rules-Bundle)

I see they're trying a new strategy to get people to buy the web exclusive bundles... datasheets you can only get in said bundles.

- - - Updated - - -

Not if you understand the difference between rumor and speculation, at least. That's a fine distinction a lot of people don't seem to be able to grasp.

You among them, it would seem.

Rumour is anything you don't know is true.

If speculation gets repeated as rumour, it becomes rumour.

Mr Mystery
05-02-2015, 04:00 AM
Exclusive until some nice person buys the kit, then scans the data sheet.

Houghten
05-02-2015, 04:12 AM
I didn't say it would work. Just that they're trying. :P

(ETA: That said, I don't believe anybody's yet distributed the rules for the Plasma Obliterator Aquila Strongpoint...)

Erik Setzer
05-02-2015, 06:23 AM
Exclusive until some nice person buys the kit, then scans the data sheet.

Well, yeah. But then, that's pretty much the same thing as scanning a codex for people.

And even if it's scanned and put online, it's still setting a horrible precedent. Bad enough we had "DLC" all over the Black Library site and scattered throughout supplements for different armies, making it hard to keep track of what rules are out there. Now we're throwing in "bundle exclusives," so if your opponent can drop a huge chunk of money at once, he can show up at the table with rules you've had zero chance of seeing, and a lot of people won't even know exists because they aren't looking at the web bundles. I'd love to know the rules, too, because I have this sinking feeling that GW would totally throw in a datasheet for a formation with obscene rules just to try to get people to order from them rather than local retailers (much less online retailers who still give a discount despite GW trying to shut that down because their toys are "too good" for the same discounts everyone else's toys get online). I don't like it when video games do this stuff. GW is following EA's footsteps in the worst way.

Mr Mystery
05-02-2015, 06:28 AM
Meh.

It's a bonus, not the core rules so I can't say I'm fussed either way.

Should be picking up a couple of Wardens next weekend.

daboarder
05-02-2015, 06:41 AM
Exalted Court of House Terryn (http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Exalted-Court-House-Terryn-Rules-Bundle)

I see they're trying a new strategy to get people to buy the web exclusive bundles... datasheets you can only get in said bundles.

Dumbest idea yet

Kesher
05-02-2015, 08:23 AM
The New Knights are HERE! Checkout my newest White Dwarf review. http://spikeybitsblog.com/category/white-dwarf

Click HERE (http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=rbaer0002) to SUBSCRIBE (http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=rbaer0002) to our channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSqvn6z8bfk

Erik Setzer
05-02-2015, 08:48 AM
It's a bonus, not the core rules so I can't say I'm fussed either way.

It depends on what the rules are like. It just reminds me a lot of EA's strategy of tossing in "bonus" stuff that's better than the core stuff, rewarding those who spend more money.

DarkLink
05-02-2015, 10:21 AM

- - - Updated - - -

You among them, it would seem.

Rumour is anything you don't know is true.

If speculation gets repeated as rumour, it becomes rumour.

Go to the dictionary, you will find these two definitions:

Rumor: a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

Speculation: the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Rumors come from some source which you may or may not be able to trust. You don't have to believe rumors, but there is always a distinct possibility that they are true. In the context of 40k, we have a lot of sources who legitimately see GW's products during their various stages of development, and a lot of these sources are frequently very accurate. In the cases in which they aren't accurate, it's frequently very difficult to tell if it's because the source is lying or GW simply changed their product*. As a result, it's appropriate to take rumors with a healthy dose of skepticism, especially from new and unverified sources.

Meanwhile, speculation is quite literally something that someone made up. It is not based on someone seeing a new codex before its release date, or hearing from a GW employee that they're working on models from X, it's nothing more than random joe schmoe taking a wild guess at what GW will do next. That's not to say that GW isn't sometimes predictable, or that joe schmoe can get lucky, but there's no reason at all to expect speculation to come true.

As a mature adult, it should also be expected for you to act like a mature adult and behave in a reasonable, polite manner rather than simply outright accusing pretty much any and all rumor sources as being liars, doubly so when you do not know if their rumor wasn't accurate due to GW design changes* or them mishearing/misunderstanding something.

Take Bigred. I've never had the pleasure in real life, though I heard he was at the LVO, but by all accounts from the people I know who've met him he's a cool guy. He runs BOLS so the community has a place to talk about stuff like this, and he puts up rumor compilations so that people have easier access to said rumors. He's also constantly mocked and ridiculed within certain circles because he has the gall to forward rumors and let people decide for themselves whether or not to believe in said rumors. It's all-around childish behavior. Maybe you find it acceptable, but I do not. If you're defending that behavior, then we've got a problem.

*Despite what some people seem to think, yes, GW does change their rules over the course of production. In our local gaming community there's a guy who worked as a game designer for various tabletop gaming companies, and he actually got his hands on an early playtest copy of the current CSM codex from GW. I saw it, and I saw it before the CSM book came out. Same artwork, same stories and fluff, same everything, except the rules were fairly different. For one, Veterans of the Long War granted Preferred Enemy. That's not in the current codex now. Is it really that difficult to grasp that this guy, who knows for a fact that VotLW grants PE in GW's current playtest rules, might not actually be a liar when the final codex comes out and VotLW is different? Apparently it is.

Houghten
05-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Go to the dictionary, you will find these two definitions:

Rumor: a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

Speculation: the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Rumors come from some source which you may or may not be able to trust. You don't have to believe rumors, but there is always a distinct possibility that they are true. In the context of 40k, we have a lot of sources who legitimately see GW's products during their various stages of development, and a lot of these sources are frequently very accurate. In the cases in which they aren't accurate, it's frequently very difficult to tell if it's because the source is lying or GW simply changed their product*. As a result, it's appropriate to take rumors with a healthy dose of skepticism, especially from new and unverified sources.

Meanwhile, speculation is quite literally something that someone made up. It is not based on someone seeing a new codex before its release date, or hearing from a GW employee that they're working on models from X, it's nothing more than random joe schmoe taking a wild guess at what GW will do next. That's not to say that GW isn't sometimes predictable, or that joe schmoe can get lucky, but there's no reason at all to expect speculation to come true.

This isn't Linnaean taxonomy, where categories are mutually exclusive and based on measurable criteria. You can't be a three-toed toad and a four-toed toad at the same time, but a given datum can simultaneously be speculation and rumour. If it's made up, it's speculation. If you don't know it's made up, it's rumour. One depends on the nature of the information, but one depends on your knowledge; the two are independent.

As a mature adult

I don't remember ever claiming to be a mature adult.

rather than simply outright accusing pretty much any and all rumor sources as being liars
I'm not sure how you got that out of "lol so much for quake cannons and volcano cannons."

If you want to get all bent out of shape over a statement somebody's actually made, I'll make this one now: I don't believe anything of value would be lost if we were never subjected to another rumour again. I don't mean speculation, or secretly false stuff, I mean all of it.

Take Bigred. I've never had the pleasure in real life, though I heard he was at the LVO, but by all accounts from the people I know who've met him he's a cool guy. He runs BOLS so the community has a place to talk about stuff like this, and he puts up rumor compilations so that people have easier access to said rumors. He's also constantly mocked and ridiculed within certain circles because he has the gall to forward rumors and let people decide for themselves whether or not to believe in said rumors. It's all-around childish behavior. Maybe you find it acceptable, but I do not. If you're defending that behavior, then we've got a problem.

I can think of much better reasons to ridicule him, like splitting up a photograph of an upcoming datasheet to make one news article about the looks and one about the rules, or lifting wiki pages and forum posts to make front page articles, or forgetting he has a Gamewire, or continually starting article titles with "WOW!" and "BOOM!" If it wasn't for the comments I'd just put the entire front page on LeechBlock and forget about it forever (only to be repeatedly reminded when "bolsadmin" clutters up the New Posts with posts that are links to front page articles).

Despite what some people seem to think, yes, GW does change their rules over the course of production. In our local gaming community there's a guy who worked as a game designer for various tabletop gaming companies, and he actually got his hands on an early playtest copy of the current CSM codex from GW. I saw it, and I saw it before the CSM book came out. Same artwork, same stories and fluff, same everything, except the rules were fairly different. For one, Veterans of the Long War granted Preferred Enemy. That's not in the current codex now. Is it really that difficult to grasp that this guy, who knows for a fact that VotLW grants PE in GW's current playtest rules, might not actually be a liar when the final codex comes out and VotLW is different? Apparently it is.

I point-blank refuse to believe that the rules-writers looked at any of the weapons on the new sprue and initially wrote quake cannon stats for them.

Bigred
05-02-2015, 01:36 PM
New Imperial Knights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KNGLomac24

Mr Mystery
05-02-2015, 01:53 PM
So looking forward to lobbing Tanks at people :)

And possibly grabbing a Hive a Tyrant by the tail and using it as a flail :)

Bigred
05-06-2015, 04:19 PM
via Atia on Bolter & Chainsword (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305781-rumours-cult-mechanicus-knights-knight-codex-leak-pg-52/?p=4032876)5-6-2015

Knights Formations & Detachments

DETACHMENTS

Household Detachment

3 Lords of War - Compulsory

Command Benefits
All Units are Objective Secured

Oathsworn Detachment

1 Lords of War - Compulsory

Command Benefits
None

FORMATIONS

Skyreaper Lance
3 Knights (all with Twin Icarus autocannon carapace mounts)

Skyreapers: vs enemy flyers: reroll failed penetration rolls, may reroll glances, may reroll failed to-wound rolls vs FMCs

Gallant Lance
3 Knights Gallant

Crusader, Rage, Reroll failed charge distance

Tripartite Lance
1 Knights Gallant
1 Knights Warden
1 Knights Crusader

Withering Fire: Formation members reduce enemy cover saves by -1 till Formation Knight Warden is destroyed.
Wrathful Onslaught: Formation members inflict D3 Hammer of Wrath hits till Formation Knight Gallant is destroyed.
Precision Bombardment: Formation members blast weapons are twin-linked till Formation Knight Crusader is destroyed.

Baronial Court
3-5 Knights

Ionic Sheildwall: +1 Ion Shield save if it is in the front arc, and within 6" of another Baronial Court Knight.
Knightly Vassals: Baron and all formation menbers with 12" may overwatch and counter-attack.

Exalted Court
3-5 Knights

Council of Lords: Each member may select a single Heirloom.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Can I now finally make Liberty Prime from Fallout 3?

DarkLink
05-06-2015, 06:22 PM
So Adlance is gone? Will not be missed. Some of those formations look pretty solid, though.

I don't remember ever claiming to be a mature adult.

It shows.

Shipmonkey
05-07-2015, 08:10 AM
So Adlance is gone? Will not be missed. Some of those formations look pretty solid, though.

I wouldn't be sure it is gone. There is nothing to invalidate it in the codex and it is printed in a still available book. They likely didn't reprint it in the codex to keep sales of the Sanctus reach books up.

The only issue with it now is that it is really limited. You can only use two of the five Knight s for it and get no command bonuses.

Mr Mystery
05-07-2015, 08:12 AM
Current/Outgoing Knight Codex is gone from the UK webstore......

deinol
05-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Current/Outgoing Knight Codex is gone from the UK webstore......

It's been gone at least a week before the new one went on pre-order.

As for AdLance, I don't see any reason to disallow it, but I suspect most people will shift to the new formations anyway.

Bigred
05-07-2015, 11:06 AM
via Gamerstrust.de (http://www.gamestrust.de/bilder,list1209,1,warhammer-40-000-imperiale-ritter.html) 5-7-2015

Knight Sprue, Assembly, Box pics:

Mr Mystery
05-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Nice....can do a Rocket/Missile Pod AND the Autocannon carapace weapons.

Methinks my Paladin might be getting an upgrade!

Asymmetrical Xeno
05-07-2015, 01:38 PM
It's good they have some actual options and choice now. The release style of the Knights reminds me a bit of how necrons were introduced back in 2nd ed and how they grew them up into a full army over the years. I do hope next time they get a release, they'll get a new/different chassis though.

jokerkd
05-08-2015, 12:20 AM
Adamantium lance is still a thing. and better now with carapace weapons.

The whole codex is a disappointment for me. formations are meh, Gallant is the ****test idea anyone ever had, the only impressive thing in it is the gatling cannon, and even that isn't spectacular.

my last hope is on someone scanning the web exlusive formation and it actually being worth taking.

Kirsten
05-08-2015, 06:07 AM
clearly there were never going to be a huge range of options in a codex that consists of one unit with five loadouts. it should be pretty clear whether or not the army is for you even before you get the book.

Mr Mystery
05-08-2015, 06:39 AM
And we have considerably more options coming in this book than we had.

Not only three new Knightly Designations, but upgrades to vary it yet more.

Charon
05-08-2015, 06:40 AM
Sooo.... still no Chaos Knights?

Erik Setzer
05-08-2015, 07:31 AM
Okay, so maybe it's that the Eldar codex was so chock full of "HOLY SMOKES WOW!!!!" that pretty much anything would be overwhelming after it. But we're talking things like a super-heavy walker with 12 S6 AP3 Rending shots, 2 S8 AP3 Ordnance blasts, 2 melta guns (or is it one melta and one heavy stubber?), and 3 S8 AP3 shots, and still do some damage in close combat. Or one with 4 attacks (5 on the charge) with SD, and can opt to strike at I1 to be able to throw something (especially fun when assaulting a Monolith or Land Raider), and can still pack a gun on its back. Even the "lowly" Errant has a 36" range large blast MELTA cannon at S9, which means on the first turn you're likely to be in range for a 9+2D6 armor penetration roll.

And you have an army of those guys. With formations that give them all kinds of boosts.

So yeah, I'm not going to take a "meh" approach to them. Especially after I've seen some of the scheming people are doing locally to make nasty Knight lists for an upcoming convention tournament.

- - - Updated - - -

Strangely, no... I would think they'd be able to declare some of these "Chaos Knights" just by them going to Chaos, no need for new rules, just being able to work in Chaos armies easier. But hey, gotta sell Imperials, right? And their answer is probably that Chaos has the Lord of Skulls as a super-heavy walker.

If you think that's not right, then just remember the Orks have the Stompa, similarly expensive to the LoS, and their new Knight-sized kit is not a super-heavy. (And it shows, too. Ran a list with a Stompa, Knight, and Morkanaut, and the poor Morkanaut was the only one that actually got killed, being wrecked in the first turn by, of all things, another Ork list.)

You could run Knights in Chaos by deploying them 12" away and then being careful not to bring them too close to your other guys, but that's not terribly easy, and still doesn't let you do cheeky buggery like casting Invisibility on a Knight. (Been there, done that, it's mildly humorous to see an army of Guardsmen wondering what's stomping through their ranks squishing them all, but you also get this sense that you're a horrible, terrible person when you do it.)

Mr Mystery
05-08-2015, 07:39 AM

Not yet, anyways. Though of course the change to 'Come The Apocalypse' means Chaos can field Imperial Knights if they so wish. Not ideal, but hey.

From my chinwag with the Forgeworld Knight Guy at Warhammerfest last year (fun even, good value given the low ticket price) his main concern with writing Chaos Knights is the Throne Mechanicum. It amplifies some aspects, and suppresses others. He feels this would make it harder for Chaos to take hold.

Well, apart from Slaanesh (excess! Pride! ELEVATED PRIDE ALREADY GET IN THERE!) and Khorne (Martial prowess? ELEVATED MARTIAL PROWESS! GET IN THERE!).

I still reckon we'll see them. Perhaps this time next year, given we've seen a-not-actual-trend-because-it's-only-twice-so-far of Knightly releases at this time of year, and Chaos does seem the next logical choice, as apart from a single God Specific LoW, they don't really have any all their own outside of Forgeworld.

Asymmetrical Xeno
05-08-2015, 07:51 AM
To be fair, it would be cool to see updates of those old Slaanesh Knights from Epic. They were pretty cool from what I remember.

Eh, If you haven't noticed yet though I just want more factions and armies generally. Seems GW are listening too :D

Path Walker
05-08-2015, 08:15 AM
The fall of House Devine, who later formed the Hell-Knights, is covered in the Horus Heresy, which was great, one of my first White Dwarves had that fluff piece and the rules in.

Mr Mystery
05-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Got a Warden today.

And they've upgraded their assembly booklets. It's now printed on the same stock as WD, and in colour. Also has a paint colour guide for the various houses.

Kirsten
05-09-2015, 03:13 PM
sounds cool

zanth
05-10-2015, 12:30 AM
Got a Warden today.

And they've upgraded their assembly booklets. It's now printed on the same stock as WD, and in colour. Also has a paint colour guide for the various houses.

As well as that, it also had the parts on each piece marked where they recommend you put the glue. They also changed the order of assembly for a lot of the parts of the knight. Some of which make more sense for letting yoru glue dry on one bit while assembling another. Also love that you get all the parts to assemble both an Icarus cannon and one missile launcher.

Mr Mystery
05-10-2015, 05:24 AM
Yep, that too :)

HsojVvad
05-10-2015, 07:59 AM

How about this one?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l47/hsojvvad/CSMIK_zps9f41dd15.jpg (http://s93.photobucket.com/user/hsojvvad/media/CSMIK_zps9f41dd15.jpg.html)

Yes it's a kit bash, but man what a great one this person did.