PDA

View Full Version : Height of scenic models and LoS

JMichael
04-22-2015, 12:38 AM
So I just started assembling the new Harlequins, and especially seeing the new Callidus Assassin I am wondering how all of your are dealing with LoS on these new models?
It seems a much bigger difference than a few millimeters of height from a custom scenic base that I've seen in the past.
Do you use a 'stand in' model?
Do arguments ever really come up?

Does the rulebook address this and I have simply missed that? If so could you provide a page#.

Ben_S
04-22-2015, 02:11 AM
I'd been wondering about this myself. I don't like models carrying large bits of scenery around with them, but if I were to cut the scenic bases off - shortening the Callidus assassin for example - would that be considered 'modelling for advantage'? And would it be frowned on to use the old metal model now for the same reason?

Cutter
04-22-2015, 08:21 AM
And would it be frowned on to use the old metal model now for the same reason?

Nope.

Lord Manton
04-22-2015, 10:54 PM
Does the rulebook address this and I have simply missed that? If so could you provide a page#.

The BRB says (don't have it handy so I can't help with pages) to ignore things like capes, banners, wings etc. But that's assuming that those details are poking out above the body of the model. In this case, it's the opposite. I honestly have no idea how to address this issue, but I would think any reasonable gamer would judge it as though she were on the ground. Also, considering the metal model is on the ground, I don't think anyone could really get upset if you made this one the same, could they?