PDA

View Full Version : Siege Rules

Khiran
02-26-2010, 06:42 PM
So does anyone use the siege rules from the outdated siege book, or do folks use custom rules for sieges?

Lyynark
03-01-2010, 02:28 PM
While I do have both the 5th edition book as well as the rules in the appendices of the 6th edition rule book I can tell you that none of those rules work particularly well.

I actually played a game of siege yesterday using those rules with some slight modifications, and I can tell you, they've got a long way to go before they can be used.

Khiran
03-02-2010, 06:36 AM
I agree, we currently use the 5th edition rules and they need a lot of work.

Lord Azaghul
03-02-2010, 07:50 AM
I can't to anything but repeat. The rule sets changed just enough in the right areas that made adaption difficult.

I do hope the put out a suppliment for 8th ed.

RogueGeneralHunter
04-27-2010, 06:07 AM
There was a white Dwarf a few years ago that has Siege Rules writen after 7th came out.
I cannot remember the issue number but I think it was early 2007.

The battle was between Britonnia/Wood elves vs. a huge DE army (4000 pts)

We tried them out a while back and they were better than the stuff in the old 6th ed rulebook.

RG Hunter

Mars Ultor
05-05-2010, 07:16 AM
While not strictly for WFB, Warhammer Ancients Battles has a "Siege and Conquest" book that has a very well developed siege system, all the way from cattle raid scenarios to actual castle sieges. The systems of WFB and WAB are almost identical in many ways, and they have a better developed range of siege equipment. The attacker can also do stuff like use your points to start the game with a collapsed wall section (very expensive) or a filled in section of the moat - it's very interesting and not hard to find; most people just don't know that Jervis and Rick designed a historical system that rocks. Just look on the Warhammer Historicals website or buy a copy from Ebay. Definitely worth looking at.

KJSparkz
07-15-2010, 08:39 AM
I have played the rules from the White Dwarf mentioned by RogueGeneralHunter and they worked well,they did give the defending player only 80% of the points of the Attacker and there were no flyers allowed in the game.The winner was the person with the most zones in their possesion of the game.A zone was each wall section or tower or table section behind a section of wall.
The castle walls were set up with 4 towers 4 wall sections and a Gate house.You had 2 walls at right angles to long table edgethen between them you had the 4 towers 2 walls and the gatehouse in the middle.
Defender started with 1600 points of models defending and rolled for reserves from turn one,these could come on from each short table side.
Attacker started from opposite long table edge. but couldnt be nearer than 18inches of Walls.