PDA

View Full Version : Warlord Titan incoming?

joosterandom
04-15-2015, 02:32 AM
via Forgeworld 4-15-2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_6PdkKqB2I

Specifically the one-minute mark onwards. Is that what I think it is?

Breathes heavily.

Stitched together image (http://i.imgur.com/9BusLBF.jpg) from them the video:

via Forgeworld 4-27-2015

Big titan foot...

via Forgeworld 5-3-2015
big titan guns...

eldargal
04-15-2015, 02:37 AM
Well it's certainly art of a warlord, whether that means it's finally getting produced or it's just a bit of hype building by FW remains to be seen. I mean we know warlords were involved in the HH so art of one for a campaign book doesn't automatically mean FW have made one, but fingrs crossed.

Mr Mystery
04-15-2015, 02:53 AM
Say goodbye to your wallets....

madlib
04-15-2015, 03:26 AM
That doesn't look like a Warlord Titan to me. That just looks like a close up of a Knight. I could be wrong though.

Mr Mystery
04-15-2015, 03:43 AM
Hard to tell.....could well be a Warlord due to the dual carapace weapons. But it is firmly in the style of a Knight.

Crevab
04-15-2015, 03:45 AM
Ha! And I just bought mine. All gunz, all the time Knight would be cool too

Path Walker
04-15-2015, 03:53 AM
FW have always said they want to do a Warlord, the original Epic Warlord had that Knight style helm and stylings

Rob-O
04-15-2015, 04:25 AM
:eek: :cool: :D

HELL YEAH!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
04-15-2015, 04:25 AM
Wow.

FireHazard
04-15-2015, 05:19 AM
Well, it could be happening or it could just be artwork - either way, it's superb. If it does get released, then we just need a Warlock Titan and a Great Gargant to finally get the old gang back together...

Mr Mystery
04-15-2015, 05:20 AM
It's not artwork. That's a model.

FW don't really use artwork for battle scenes....especially not in the Horus Heresy volumes.

eldargal
04-15-2015, 05:21 AM
The titan in the artwork has a weapon mounted on its carapace which knights lack.

Acaelus
04-15-2015, 05:22 AM
Hard to tell.....could well be a Warlord due to the dual carapace weapons. But it is firmly in the style of a Knight.

Definitely a Warload it you stop the video at 0.56 you can see its left arm mount towering about the Reaver Titan.

https://youtu.be/z_6PdkKqB2I?t=56s

Mr Mystery
04-15-2015, 05:24 AM
Yarp.

Also pointed out on a facebook thread that the right carapace weapon is a triple barrelled turbo laser destroyer...

Acaelus
04-15-2015, 05:30 AM
I'm looking forward to my game of Blast templates and crying :P

JamesP
04-15-2015, 05:49 AM
On the Battlebunnies post (http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/soooooo-who-is-up-for-warlord-titan.html) about this, someone in the comments has helpfully pasted together the stills of the model to give a fuller picture, making it easier to assess the size: http://i.imgur.com/9BusLBF.jpg

The arm weapons look identical. You can see what looks like the base of a left carapace weapon but not enough to make out if it's the same as the right one or something different.

Mr Mystery
04-15-2015, 05:50 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NqLK-uS7-bI/T5jCPDEQG1I/AAAAAAAAA8k/f8E1jJGCjL4/s1600/KermitTheFrogFlail.gif

Path Walker
04-15-2015, 05:56 AM
Rules - take off two handfuls of enemy models from the board.

JamesP
04-15-2015, 06:01 AM
Rules - take off two handfuls of enemy models from the board.

Only two? :)

RGilbert26
04-15-2015, 06:08 AM
Friend of mine used his Reaver at an Apoc game my local GW was running. Surfice to say while he was enjoying using it he got a bit 'bored' of all the templates he was firing when using the big missile launcher. Each shooting phase took him about 15 mins just to fire it (the Launcher).

God knows how long it'll take with the Warlord :P

Chris*ta
04-15-2015, 06:19 AM
Don't take the silly missile launcher. Problem solved.

Why anyone would take anything other than the D Strength lasers on a Titan is beyond me, though.

RGilbert26
04-15-2015, 06:20 AM
Because it was a Birthday present and he'd never used it before.

Defenestratus
04-15-2015, 06:26 AM
Fore warning to anyone thinking of getting a Warlord, they kind of crap in apoc. Not enough HP and void shields still stink. Phantoms chew them up usually in a single round.

eldargal
04-15-2015, 06:26 AM
Fore warning to anyone thinking of getting a Warlord, they kind of crap in apoc. Not enough HP and void shields still stink. Phantoms chew them up usually in a single round.

Yup hehe.

Pretty though so I'm still going to get one.

Sevenout
04-15-2015, 06:33 AM
Sweet Irradiated pimp hand of the Omnissiah, IT'S HAPPENING! and it looks closer to my beloved old Shellback Warlords from early Epic than the boxy things of more recent days!

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-15-2015, 06:34 AM
I'd never want or get one myself, but it would be awesome to see in the game and see other people paint them up. Now an Imperator on the other hand...

Denzark
04-15-2015, 07:28 AM
Sweet Irradiated pimp hand of the Omnissiah, IT'S HAPPENING! and it looks closer to my beloved old Shellback Warlords from early Epic than the boxy things of more recent days!

And this is good - beetle warlords good, shoebox warlords bad.

DR.V
04-15-2015, 07:38 AM
I don't know it looks like a Knight to me. It has same chest and legs bits that is on a Knight, but I would be happy to be wrong in this case.

Power Klawz
04-15-2015, 07:41 AM
$2000 USD out the door pricing! 0% for 5 years! WE DO IN HOUSE FINANCING!

Deadlift
04-15-2015, 07:56 AM
Yup hehe.

Pictures or it doesn't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know it looks like a Knight to me. It has same chest and legs bits that is on a Knight, but I would be happy to be wrong in this case.

I was thinking the same looks like a knight to me too.

Psychosplodge
04-15-2015, 08:00 AM
And this is good - beetle warlords good, shoebox warlords bad.

No good, I want the square one.

Patrick Boyle
04-15-2015, 08:20 AM

Sure, it's styled like a Knight, but...

On the Battlebunnies post (http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/soooooo-who-is-up-for-warlord-titan.html) about this, someone in the comments has helpfully pasted together the stills of the model to give a fuller picture, making it easier to assess the size: http://i.imgur.com/9BusLBF.jpg

There's no way something that towers over a Reaver is a Knight of any type, and it's definitely not a perspective thing. Note that the Reaver is very clearly in the foreground(it's leg is in front of the buildings) while the 'Warlord' is clearly in the background; in the bottom photo it's foot is behind the buildings in the middle-ground.

eldargal
04-15-2015, 08:22 AM
The knight and Mars pattern warlord have always been style fairly similarly, makes sense with a new plastic Knight kit the stylistic links between the two have been renewed.

40kGamer
04-15-2015, 08:27 AM
Thank the Emperor it's more in line with the old Turtle Shell titans.

Psychosplodge
04-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Heresy!

What is wrong with you curved armour types? :rolleyes:

eldargal
04-15-2015, 08:30 AM
I have a vague recollection of FW saying that if they ever did make a warlord it would be a beetleback Mars pattern, anyone else remember that?

Psychosplodge
04-15-2015, 08:47 AM
Smooth curves seem like heretical xenos tech to me...

I don't remember them saying anything beyond We'd like to make one at some point being reported, doesn't mean its not been said at some point.

Arkhan Land
04-15-2015, 09:08 AM
I have a vague recollection of FW saying that if they ever did make a warlord it would be a beetleback Mars pattern, anyone else remember that?

probably a good idea in keeping with their throwback concept style right now, Though the slightly boxy ones are great too there'v been quite a few really great scratchbuild Warlords, some of them like Dave Smith and Blackadder's were absoultely ****ing fantastic beyond comprehension

several people have pointed out now it has to be the Warlord, its gun is visible in the Reaver shot, definetly not a knight

hope its more than art

Haighus
04-15-2015, 09:41 AM
Phantoms do cost more points though. Which Titan is better at removing non-super heavies from the board? I feel like the Eldar Titans make good duellists, and are very survivable, but lack some of the sheer blast template dropping of the Imperial Titans.

- - - Updated - - -

A Warlord with current rules can drop 10 Destroyer blasts in one turn of shooting, more blasts with different loadouts such as the Gatling Blaster. This Warlord has a Laser Blaster as a carapace weapon, which potentially means even more firepower than the old rules.

Mr Mystery
04-15-2015, 09:42 AM
$2000 USD out the door pricing! 0% for 5 years! WE DO IN HOUSE FINANCING!

This is why the Omnissiah, in his beneficence, saw fit to bless us with not only two kidneys but a thriving black market organ sales opportunity, and dialysis machines should we fancy a pair of Warlords.

40kGamer
04-15-2015, 10:03 AM
Heresy!

What is wrong with you curved armour types? :rolleyes:

They are catering to us original issue Adeptus Titanicus kids who grew up playing with the Epic MkI and can now afford to buy a model that will likely be the price of a small car. I wouldn't be interested in a scaled up version of the Warlord MkII or MkIII from Epic. But bring out the beetle and my wallet is screwed! :p

Lord Commissar Maxwell
04-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Looks like Im going without food for a little while...Hope its not a long winter coming...

Popsical
04-15-2015, 10:58 AM
No good, I want the square one.

Weirdo! ;-p

Defenestratus
04-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Phantoms do cost more points though. Which Titan is better at removing non-super heavies from the board? I feel like the Eldar Titans make good duellists, and are very survivable, but lack some of the sheer blast template dropping of the Imperial Titans.

- - - Updated - - -

A Warlord with current rules can drop 10 Destroyer blasts in one turn of shooting, more blasts with different loadouts such as the Gatling Blaster. This Warlord has a Laser Blaster as a carapace weapon, which potentially means even more firepower than the old rules.

And the defenses of the Warlord are completely neutralized by a squad of war walkers, vypers, nightwings, warp spiders, necron warriors - or anything else Str 6 or higher. I've just never been impressed with the warlord's survivability. They've never lasted more than a turn against my warhost. Hell the last game 20 wraithguard blasted one off the table (then killed all the WG in the subsequent reactor meltdown - many LOLs were had)

JamesP
04-15-2015, 11:30 AM
The knight and Mars pattern warlord have always been style fairly similarly, makes sense with a new plastic Knight kit the stylistic links between the two have been renewed.

Someone commenting on Faeit212 has said that they phoned FW, who confirmed that it is a warlord model and that it'll be released in the first half of this year.

Lord Mayhem
04-15-2015, 11:34 AM
So, does this mean we'll be able to do a set of 40k Russian dolls? A space marine in power armor in a Centurion in a Dreadnaught in a Knight in a Reaver in a Warlord?

madlib
04-15-2015, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I'm still not convinced yet. Even with the pieced together image a few posts back, it looks like the size difference between the Reaver and Knight/Warlord whatever, could be the perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone commenting on Faeit212 has said that they phoned FW, who confirmed that it is a warlord model and that it'll be released in the first half of this year.

If that's true, that's pretty awesome.

Haighus
04-15-2015, 02:38 PM
And the defenses of the Warlord are completely neutralized by a squad of war walkers, vypers, nightwings, warp spiders, necron warriors - or anything else Str 6 or higher. I've just never been impressed with the warlord's survivability. They've never lasted more than a turn against my warhost. Hell the last game 20 wraithguard blasted one off the table (then killed all the WG in the subsequent reactor meltdown - many LOLs were had)
Hmmm, so it isn't an issue with firepower, but survivability? Well, it would appear their firepower has been further augmented, so will be interesting to see if the survivability changes. Does the same issue with survivability apply to the Reaver? Interestingly, playing at the maximum range of the Warlord would probably make it better, but then you don't want a Battle Titan to just be an artillery piece.

Patrick Boyle
04-15-2015, 03:48 PM

The arm weapons look identical. You can see what looks like the base of a left carapace weapon but not enough to make out if it's the same as the right one or something different.

Yeah, I'm still not convinced yet. Even with the pieced together image a few posts back, it looks like the size difference between the Reaver and Knight/Warlord whatever, could be the perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

If that's true, that's pretty awesome.

The Warlord's legs go behind the buildings that are in the background of the Contemptor and Deredereodo(or whatever) Dreads, the same row of buildings that the Reaver is very clearly in front of. I don't think there's any kind of perspective trick they could have used to pull that off; if the 'Knight' were closer to the camera to appear larger than the reaver, the Dreads would likewise appear much larger in comparison. And while aesthetically the armor plates are the same style as FW's Knights, the actual visible machinery and layout of those parts is totally different from the current Acheron/Castigator/Lancer line, most noticeably all of the extra pistons around the 'groin' area.

The only way it's a Knight is if for some reason they just photo shopped in a massively oversized one, armed with Titan weapons no less, into the background for...some reason I couldn't tell you.

Denzark
04-16-2015, 03:28 AM
Warlord's survivability? As with so much today depends on what gets turn 1 I reckon. And unless I read wrong even ranged D can only take out 1 void shield a shot - the warlord has 6?

Psychosplodge
04-16-2015, 03:31 AM
They are catering to us original issue Adeptus Titanicus kids who grew up playing with the Epic MkI and can now afford to buy a model that will likely be the price of a small car. I wouldn't be interested in a scaled up version of the Warlord MkII or MkIII from Epic. But bring out the beetle and my wallet is screwed! :p

Yeah I can get that, I mean the square epic one was the first one I saw.

Mr Mystery
04-16-2015, 06:01 AM
STFUNOOB!!!! :p

Also, looks like we'll be getting the next HH book in the next few weeks. Which is nice.

Psychosplodge
04-16-2015, 06:07 AM
Noob? I'm hurt. I can't help being two or three years behind you :p

Mr Mystery
04-16-2015, 06:24 AM
Such a noob thing to say, noob :p

Psychosplodge
04-16-2015, 06:36 AM
fine Grandad be like that :D

Arkhan Land
04-16-2015, 09:16 AM

I bought my work van i drive around for 1k, i suspect this will cost more than that

Defenestratus
04-16-2015, 09:17 AM
Warlord's survivability? As with so much today depends on what gets turn 1 I reckon. And unless I read wrong even ranged D can only take out 1 void shield a shot - the warlord has 6?

Anything with Str 6+ can get rid of those 6 void shields really easily and from then on its taking damage. My favorite tactic was to use the shadow-walker formation of war walkers that let them fire twice on the turn they came in.... it would drop the 15 void shields on the imperator without fail no problem. Then unload with 8 Str D shots from one of the phantoms and you have yourself one dead warlord. The imperator, that would take a while to kill. 45 hull points just don't disappear- but then again, I fired over 30 str D templates per turn with my warhost so its not all that difficult...

It was more the FW greater daemons that I was afraid of.

ecuas
04-16-2015, 02:47 PM
Sweet Jesus that is quite simply epic. But i don't understand the 'foot' or lack of that isn't really visible (right leg), and whats behind the Reaver's right shoulder?

Mr Mystery
04-16-2015, 02:51 PM
Sweet Jesus that is quite simply epic. But i don't understand the 'foot' or lack of that isn't really visible (right leg), and whats behind the Reaver's right shoulder?

No, it's definitely 40k scale :p

Denzark
04-16-2015, 03:17 PM
MM is on pun fire tonight...

FireHazard
04-27-2015, 05:04 AM
Surprised nobody has put this up yet. From FW latest bulletin...

tuo
04-27-2015, 07:40 AM
Yup, surprised me too!

It looks like they are going for a new way to mount the pistons and also the ball joints in comparision to the Reaver and the Warhound, this time with cog-like structures that fit into each other. If they glued with for example two-component resin, this should add tremendous stability to the kit. Good thinking of FW, and should make the whole matter (especially the setting time of the glue) much easier, as the pieces are already "joined" to one another through this cog-like structure.

Then again I am currently trying to extrapolate the size from that pic. I am unsure how long the middle leg segment will be (hard to make out from the pics), but it seems it won't be that much larger than a Reaver, but much more bulky.

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-27-2015, 02:12 PM
It'll be cool to see something that big, especially in the hands of really good painters that can do it justice. It'll make good eyecandy at the least.

MajorWesJanson
04-27-2015, 10:37 PM
Yup, surprised me too!

It looks like they are going for a new way to mount the pistons and also the ball joints in comparision to the Reaver and the Warhound, this time with cog-like structures that fit into each other. If they glued with for example two-component resin, this should add tremendous stability to the kit. Good thinking of FW, and should make the whole matter (especially the setting time of the glue) much easier, as the pieces are already "joined" to one another through this cog-like structure.

Then again I am currently trying to extrapolate the size from that pic. I am unsure how long the middle leg segment will be (hard to make out from the pics), but it seems it won't be that much larger than a Reaver, but much more bulky.

The Reaver foot is basically 40mm square bases stuck to a 60mm round as far as area covered goes. The Warlord seems to be 50mm bases attached to a 90 or 100mm circle. Hips are a bit wider as well.

Just rough guess, the legs will be about 3-4 inches wider than the reavers, and the waist will be about 4 inches higher as well. Torso is taller and wider, so the Warlord chin is about level with the top of the reaver carapace. Then 3-4 inch shoulders, plus another 3-4 inch of topside ridges (looks like a pair of gererator blocks on top similar to the layout of the Mk III epic warlord, but on top of a mars carapace instead of a blocky one)

My gut feeling is about 21"-22" tall to the top of the carapace blocks, maybe a bit higher depending on the carapace weapons mounted and angled. Then about 4" wider and longer than the Reaver, with a much bulkier appearance due to the mono-piece carapace instead of the separate shoulder pads of the Reaver.

completeHook
05-04-2015, 04:12 AM

From the Forgeworld bulletin. -

Paintingplasticcrack
05-04-2015, 09:35 AM
Unfortunately I won't be buying one of these. Just not in my budget. I'm not sure how many games people will actually get to use such a huge model, but as a collectors centre piece it's going to be very impressive for those fortunate enough to get one. I look forward to seeing these being painted up around the internet. I hope we see some that are really done justice.

Erik Setzer
05-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Unfortunately I won't be buying one of these. Just not in my budget. I'm not sure how many games people will actually get to use such a huge model, but as a collectors centre piece it's going to be very impressive for those fortunate enough to get one. I look forward to seeing these being painted up around the internet. I hope we see some that are really done justice.

There was once a time when models like the Stompa, Baneblade, etc. were reserved for large Apocalypse games, rare games that represented massive battles.

So, basically, if the Titan is 2500 points or less, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a standard 40K game.

Paintingplasticcrack
05-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Maybe your right Eric, I can't see them becoming the new meta though. I can certainly see TO saying no way to it being allowed.
I would love to see one in action though.

Arkhan Land
05-07-2015, 08:48 AM

I think if 40k keeps moving up in size youll see more Titan/Armour only games. essentially bringing 40k back to its skirmish roots...

Wolfshade
05-08-2015, 12:26 PM

From the Forgeworld bulletin. -

That is huge

Rob-O
05-11-2015, 02:55 AM

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/FORGE_WORLD_BULLETIN_59.html

tuo
05-11-2015, 03:13 AM
This thing is shaping up to be an epic model! (pun intended :) )

Can't wait to get my hands on one!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-11-2015, 04:00 AM
Wow, that's awesome.

Mr Mystery
05-11-2015, 04:24 AM
I'd just like to put it out there now that any forthcoming reports of Kidney and other organ theft in the Royal Tunbridge Wells area are entirely coinicidental, and definitely nothing to do with me.

Or my shiny new Warlord Titan.

The two things are completely unrelated, and you can't prove nuffink, Copper!

Asymmetrical Xeno
05-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Wow, that's a huge head. ooo eerrr!

Broz
05-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Yup hehe.

TBH Having managed two Phantom kills with my Warlord, as long as you can hold it, or at least hit it outside the 48" of its secondary guns which tend to do the shield stripping, and better yet the 72" of the D Cannon then they tend to come off very poorly indeed.

Wolf1337
05-13-2015, 03:05 AM

tuo
05-13-2015, 06:13 AM
A better version of the already known picture is making the rounds:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_wi8sWtwrdZZHZ1dUg4SW05bFk/edit

oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!! My second Mini-Me is coming :D

Should be revealed this weekend