PDA

View Full Version : Laer Music?

LoverzCry
02-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Hey there guys,

I was wondering if in your scouring of the interwebs, that any of you have come across music that can be compared tothat of what you imagined when you read about the Laer Temple (the temple to Slaanesh) in Fulgrim. I'm intrigued to see what you all have to offer. : P Thanks in advance,

Sincerely,
Aaron

LoverzCry
02-26-2010, 12:58 AM
Thinking on it a bit, I'd have to say my closest revelation would have to be The Mars Volta, but still they're a little heavy to be that sort of thing for me. I dunno, any other opinions?

Vorlon
02-26-2010, 01:31 AM
Boards of Canada come to mind if you want trippy mind freak music. I recommend a song called A is to B as B is to C.

Madness
02-26-2010, 06:04 AM
Very mellow and likable music, I'd say something akin to extreme grindgore mixed with electronic experimenta noise music. Something by either earache or relapse records. A valid track might be Elastic by Meshuggah (from minute 11 on). Even tho it lacks an electronics component that could add to the mess.

Picture unrelated http://funtax.tumblr.com/post/411335528/im-a-huge-metal-fan

RocketRollRebel
02-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Crack?

I mean it is Slaanesh after all...;)

LoverzCry
02-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Hey there guys, after mentioning the Mars Volta, I was drawn to listent to them again. Their most recent album, Octahedron, is really similar to what I was kind of describing. At least for many of the songs on this album, they have the sort of chill, melancholy yet pleasing tune with an almost aesthetic indulgent sound.

I have yet to look over the other bands that have been posted, but I fully intend to : P

Sincerely,
Aaron

Madness
02-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Elastic is available on grooveshark, I recommend you don't listen it all (not even starting from minute 11) or you might turn into a noise marine.

rbryce
02-26-2010, 09:50 AM
At the Gates.

UltramarineFan
02-26-2010, 01:28 PM
I guess the music would be much like taking crack and then listening to any music.

LoverzCry
02-26-2010, 05:44 PM
After reviewing the music ideas posted, I don't think they really fit with the sort of theme I think they were going for. The kind of music is dark, lamenting, yet euphoric and enticing at the same time. It's all supposed to make you tingle, and I think the Mars Volta really captures that.

LoverzCry
04-15-2010, 12:00 AM
bump, still looking for better replies : / Was hardly satisfied with the results of the scouring.