PDA

View Full Version : lucius dreadnought drop pod fw or gw?

wolflold
04-13-2015, 05:46 AM
I want to use the lucius patern drop pod, do i realy have to buy the fw one or can i just use a normal drop pod from gw? I know the lucius is a bit bigger, but expensive, heavy and just a big peace of resin basicly :)

Aegwymourn
04-13-2015, 06:38 AM
Well if the people you are playing with are ok with it you could basically use anything.

Try using a ham sandwich one game, that way when it is destroyed you have a nice snack to boot. :p

Theik
04-13-2015, 10:14 AM
The answer is going to depend entirely on who you play with. Heck, there'll be people who will refuse to play your lucius dreadnought droppod even if you do have the proper model, so there's no one answer to this question.

Defenestratus
04-13-2015, 12:44 PM
Try using a ham sandwich one game, that way when it is destroyed you have a nice snack to boot. :p

Damnit now I have to clean diet coke out of my keyboard :P

Psychosplodge
04-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Well if the people you are playing with are ok with it you could basically use anything.

Do you think the type of bread matters here? causeif you use sliced bread you're clearly going to have a LOS advantage over someone using say, a french stick, or a chunk of tiger bread?

Denzark
04-13-2015, 04:49 PM
Croissant then you can spam necron fliers as allies, especially if you are Blood Angels.

Psychosplodge
04-14-2015, 01:31 AM
Won't that get confusing if you're using croissants for flyers and drop pods?

Colin Graham
04-16-2015, 08:02 AM
the FW lucius drop pod is one of the worse models ever created... I have TWO and i curse them constantly! However they are cool on the table because your dreadnought can stay embarked.

I think as long as you can place your models though, anything is fine. If your opponent doesn't agree to that then don't play them.

Da Gargoyle
04-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Won't that get confusing if you're using croissants for flyers and drop pods? - Use ham & cheese in the croissants for the drop pods and spinach for the Necrons, (There's a lot of iron in spinach).

Psychosplodge
04-23-2015, 02:22 AM
What kind of monster puts a filling on a croissant?

Da Gargoyle
04-24-2015, 11:03 PM
What kind of monster puts a filling on a croissant? isn't that why the universe is at war?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
04-25-2015, 12:11 AM
All of this talk of food units reminds me of Ninjabread's delicious Falcon conversion (from the time when Falcons were the boogieman, not Wave Serpents);
http://www.ninjabread.co.uk/images/cheese-falcon-10.jpg
Cheesey.

Psychosplodge
04-27-2015, 02:00 AM
http://www.ninjabread.co.uk/images/cheese-falcon-10.jpg
Cheesey.

Very. Good job it wasn't Beardy.

Mr Mystery
04-27-2015, 02:20 AM
- Use ham & cheese in the croissants for the drop pods and spinach for the Necrons, (There's a lot of iron in spinach).

/pedant

Actually, there's not. Once upon a time, a scientist managed to get a decimal point in the right place.

Read that in a He-Man comic's 'Brains Not a Brawn' section circa 1986 :p