PDA

View Full Version : Skitarii Army: What to buy?

NobleSeven
04-11-2015, 04:34 PM
Hi all! So like many of you, I'll be starting a Skitarii army!

Aside from the codex, I was wondering what people were buying for their initial investment in the army. I was considering the following, but I'm not sure if I am taking too many of a certain box and too little of another. It is my goal to learn and play this army as competitively as possible and I want to avoid purchasing pieces that will rarely see the tabletop.

-4x Ranger/Vanguard boxes
-2x Sicarian boxes
-3x Dragoon boxes
-3x Dunewalker Tank boxes

What do you guys think? How many of each kit will you be buying and what units/walkers will you be assembling?

Thank you for your input and game well!

Kirsten
04-11-2015, 04:40 PM
well I have ordered two ranger boxes and a sicarian box initially.

will be one vanguard squad, one ranger squad, and one cyborg ninja assassin squad to begin with. I got two infantry sets mainly to have two of each special weapon so I have the options to equip what I want. I hadn't planned to get any at all, but I love the fact there are so many totally new guns, liking the rules, loving the look of them all. plus I have an Iron Hands force so they can ally. once the codex arrives I will think about maybe a couple of striders and a crawler. but nothing beyond that at the moment, I will wait and see what the other books bring. wouldn't want to go and buy three heavy support tanks if there are more heavy support options coming for example.

Houghten
04-12-2015, 02:43 AM
You could always squadron them up if you wanted to fit more heavy support in there, though.

Kirsten
04-12-2015, 03:30 AM
can the onagers go in squadrons?

I would still hold off on filling up a force organisation chart on a supplement before we get the full codex.

Mr Mystery
04-12-2015, 12:19 PM
Onagers are 1-3 per slot.

So far I'm loving the Codex. I don't think any of the units are duff, so it's all going to be down to personal taste.

Currently have 4 boxes of Vanguard/Rangers, and two Striders. Not sure where I'll go after, but Infiltrators are definitely in. I love those!

Andrew Thomas
04-12-2015, 11:56 PM
My problem is that what I want to play, having seen the book, while fitting points-wise, is not exactly prudent. Want to build an army around the Sicarian formation. I think I can get enough anti-vehicle and anti-MC out of the formation, then use the FOC to round out the points, but I'm not sure whether to run the Sicarians at full model count, or cut in an Onager or 2 for AA. So far, I'm looking at about 2 Ranger boxes, and 8 Sicarian, for 1850 points and ~$400.

DrBored
04-13-2015, 12:51 AM
Pretty stoked for this and more. Can't wait for the Dunecrawler to release.

Already got 3 boxes of Skitarii, 3 boxes of Sicarians, and 2 Ironstriders. I'll probably add on another box of Skitarii and two more boxes of Sicarians to run that Killclade formation that seems really nice. Will then also get one more Ironstrider for 3 Autocannons, and then 3 Onagers when they release. Army will look like this:

Vanguard (10)
-x2 Plasma Caliver, Omnispex
Vanguard(10)
-x2 Plasma Caliver, Omnispex
Rangers (10)
-x3 Arc Rifles, Arc Pistol, Omnispex
Rangers (10)
-x3 Transuranic Arquebus, Omnispex

Killclade
Infiltrators (10)
-Tasers and Flechette Blasters
Ruststalkers (5)