PDA

View Full Version : Guard dropship

Brithian Ranger
02-25-2010, 03:25 PM
I just placed an order for 2 1/35 scale chinooks, which im going to convert into large dropships.

My one problem is the engines. I was thinking of using 4 tau skimmer engines per dropshipwith a little modification, and maybe valkyrie engines too.

what do you guys think of this plan?

Atrotos
02-25-2010, 03:53 PM
If you cannibalize the engines what will you do with the rest of the model? Sounds inefficient and expensive unless you have plans for the other 95% of what you paid for.

The AKH
02-25-2010, 06:33 PM
If you're going for just the engines from the Valk, your best bet is eBay. It's just not monetarily feasible otherwise.

Build-wise, I'd suggest you cut down the Valk engines and mount them on swivel mounts (Osprey-style). This is roughly the same effect you'd get from the Tau skimmer engines, but it'll have a more Imperial look and feel to it.

Madness
02-25-2010, 07:32 PM
If you can find the bits on a bits store, sure!

therealjohnny5
02-26-2010, 06:47 AM
maybe add some sm dpod thrusters to the bottom or so for retro thrusters...and agreed the Valk will look more imperial.

ColCorbane
02-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Nice idea but I'm a little concerned that the engines will be a bit small for a 1/35 chinook, it's a fair sized model and four devilfish engines will look nothing more than thrusters on it.

Have you got any concept sketches?

Aldramelech
02-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Goodbye

Brithian Ranger
03-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Thank you all for your wonderful replies, as to the cost issue, it's not too bad, im getting the valk engines off a bit website so those wont be too expensive, and the chinook is only 40 bucks.

It is also very cost effective, as this dropship will be for friendly apoc games, and will take the place of 3-4 valks in game.

I have also decided to go with some of your suggestions, and go with the valk and drop pod engines/thrusters to make it look more imperial.

thank you all for your valuable input.

therealjohnny5
03-10-2010, 08:21 AM
make sure you post pics bro!