PDA

View Full Version : Where to put the Weapons?

Lindargo
02-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi guys,
Just wondering, as im building a Land Raider (Chaos):

Is there anything against me putting the lascannons on the front port like a redeemer, instead of at the back?

It's just that the instructions tell me to put them at the front, and it would help me get an extra inch or so in range (not that i'll need it).
thanks,

-Lindargo

The Mystic
02-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Nope. Nothing at all.:D

bryce963
02-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Put them on the back, the lascannons don't need the range, and landraiders are meant for assaulting not shooting. If you have the hatches on front you can get out within two inches of that door too and assault out of the side and front of it, in stead of just out the front. Also with terminators getting them all within 2 inches of that front door may be hard.

Lindargo
02-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Put them on the back, the lascannons don't need the range, and landraiders are meant for assaulting not shooting. If you have the hatches on front you can get out within two inches of that door too and assault out of the side and front of it, in stead of just out the front. Also with terminators getting them all within 2 inches of that front door may be hard.

Ah good point, thanks

-Lindargo

Antenor
02-25-2010, 03:57 PM
I would, and have put them on the front, gives them slightly better line of sight, plus it makes it harder for your opponent to block all the hatches if they're trying to block everyone in. Getting 5 terminators out the front hatch is very easy these days.

chromedog
02-25-2010, 05:57 PM
It's the getting 8 of them out that's harder.

Very little in 40kays makes logical sense. I put my guns on the back, as it allows me to put wacky decals on the forward hatches that say "Caution: Do not stand in front of guns".

The AKH
02-25-2010, 06:37 PM
It's the getting 8 of them out that's harder.

IIRC Chaos Land Raiders only have a capacity of 10 (or 5 terminators), so that shouldn't be a problem at all. :p

Squirrel_Fish
02-25-2010, 07:23 PM
I always thing that it's silly to try and exit outside of a side hatch when my ride is pointing giant anti-tank weapons at my head. Front-hatch Land Raiders get my vote for common-sense award in a universe that makes little sense.

AirHorse
02-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Its chaos terminators, they shoot the lascannons off in their own faces to get themselves warmed up.

As a more on topic note, theres nothing restricting where you put your sponsons or side hatches, they simply have to be on the side or your model isnt following the rules. But of course if you made a model that looked different im sure your opponent wouldnt mind as long as you counted weapons and hatches as on the side.

whitestar333
02-26-2010, 07:09 AM
IIRC Chaos Land Raiders only have a capacity of 10 (or 5 terminators), so that shouldn't be a problem at all. :p

Wrong. Try again!

The Mystic
02-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Actually, your wrong!

They have a transport capacity of ten models, models in terminator armour count as two models.

Try again! :D