PDA

View Full Version : archaon conversion question

zealotic
02-25-2010, 12:49 PM
first the reason this is in the 40k part of the forum- i'm doing space wolves but horse themed and chaosy, i wanna convert my archaon to have a manreaper ( used as a counts as thunderhammer or what-ever)

i know to carefully chop off the sword and hilt, then to hobby drill through the hand, but thats where i would like some opinions on where to get/ how to make the rod and blade of the man-reaper

any pointers, or other approaches are welcome

thanks

The AKH
02-25-2010, 06:41 PM
The best option for the shaft of the manreaper is to just use a sturdy length of brass rod, and then go over with a thin layer of greenstuff if you want to add handgrips/detail. For the blade, you could use the blade off Typhus' manreaper (if you're willing to buy/hunt for it) or consider looking through the plastic Chaos Knights kit for a suitable lance blade.

Sounds like a cool idea, I'd be interested to see it once it's done.

Madness
02-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Have you checked plastic fantasy skeletons? You could easily sculpt the little power source thingie (the one shaped like ----o) with some greenstuff.

SombreBrotherhood
02-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Howsabout brass rod + a tyranid scything talon w/ the GS layer as outlined earlier?

zealotic
02-26-2010, 10:13 AM
i'm gonna be buying chaos knights to convert into counts as TWC's anyway, so i'll see what i like in that kit.

what size of brass rod should i use, i'm good at using it, i just always seem to buy the wrong size