PDA

View Full Version : 15 Point Khador List (Looking for advice)

Col_Festus
02-25-2010, 08:15 AM
So I played a few games yesterday with various units to get a feel for how they work on the board. I then placed an order for my 15 point list. I would like to see what you guys think!

pButcher -6
1x Wardog
2x Juggys +14
6x Winter Guard Rifle Corps +4
1x Kovnik Josef Grigorovich +2

Total:15

Basically it came down to running widowmakers and a manhunter or Joe and the Rifle Corps. when comparing their stats I came to the conclusion that windowmakers are RAT 7 when moving +2d6 for an average of 14, where as Winter Guard Rifle Corps with Joe are Rat 5 + 3d6 for an average of 15 rounded down. Yeah they lose sniper but also gain suppressing fire to help my slow jacks. I'll be fiddling around with this list until I get the hang of using the butcher then I plan to expand to 25 points with the following

1x Man-o-War Kovnik +3
1x Winter Guard Mortar Crew +3
1x Manhunter +2
Upping the Rifle Corps to 10 men +2

Total:25 points

So that's where I'm kind of standing now. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

GentleBen
02-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Kovnik Joe seems a little expensive for an army with only 6 winterguard models. Maybe chuck him for a manhunter until you get a few more.

stampdog316
02-26-2010, 07:17 AM
I would have to agree with Ben on Kovnik Joe. He is a little pricey on a min unit.

The Man of War Kovnik seems to be mis-matched in your list. The Koldun Lord is a better marshal and he is easier to hide with a small base. Plus he can come out in the late game and use his spray attack to good effect. The Kovnik has only one attack and lost reach; I am finding Yuri more effective in melee for 3 points. Even better is to squeeze in the Greatbears for 5.
If you are sold on the MOW kovnik you might want to take a look at the butcher's tier lists that was just released. He grants bonuses to MOW troops and they help screen the butcher's medium base.

You can't go wrong with two Jugs and the wardog is one of the best 1 point models in the game.

Good luck with your list and welcome to the Motherland!

Col_Festus
02-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Well I put the Man-o-war in more to be used as a light warjack/beat stick unit. I did change up my 15 point list a tad tho...

pButcher
1x wardog
1x Juggernaut
1x Decimator
4x Window makers

Im still debating taking out the Winter Guard for the Window makers, but once Joe is gone the windowmakers have the better stats and seem a bit more survivable.