PDA

View Full Version : Primus Redoubt - gerrof moi laaaaand, shoot your super heavy.....

Mr Mystery
04-03-2015, 02:44 AM
The Imperium - not doing things by halves since the 31st Millenium...... (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/PRIMUS_REDOUBT.html)

Realm of Battle Square with emplacement, and a double barrelled Turbolaser Destructor. £125 to you, squire.

Found on worlds across the Imperium since the days of the Great Crusade, the Primus Redoubt is one of a class of super-heavy emplacements built en-masse to defend the cities, foundries and other vital structures on newly Compliant worlds. Constructed with emplaced weaponry more often found on heavy void craft and battlecruisers, and powered by reactors buried deep beneath its visible structure, the Primus Redoubt is designed to eliminate vehicles at very long range, and has enough destructive force to take down super-heavy vehicles and even Titans. Its substantial walls are further protected by a projected force dome, shielding the redoubt from all but the heaviest of incoming fire and orbital bombardments.

The Realm of Battle Imperial Primus Redoubt consists of a 2' x 2' Realm of Battle tile that features a large bunker complex with multiple battlements and a double-barrelled turbo laser destructor turret. It is a fortification that can be taken by any Faction in Warhammer 40,000 and Horus Heresy games.

Rules are here (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/p/Primus_Redoubt.pdf)

Looks like we may be seeing different main weapons as well....that looks like a carapace weapon for a Reaver, as promised by their designed at Warhammerfest when I asked....

Tyrendian
04-03-2015, 05:52 AM
nice - not gonna afford one, as usual with these tiles, but nice

Kirsten
04-03-2015, 06:49 AM
looks like a lot of fun

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-03-2015, 07:23 AM
I could never afford that but it does look really cool.

dwez
04-03-2015, 11:09 AM
650 points for AV15 with 10 Hull Points and a 4+ Invul save that you can add additional guns to, alongside the Turbo Laser Destructor, and Void Shield Generators! I'm just imagining this turning up at a Throne of Skulls at Warhammer World, 'best game' votes you would not receive, but just how do you counter that!

DrBored
04-03-2015, 11:52 AM
How do you even bring that to a game? You can't deploy it. It's a whole freaking tile.

My thinking is that it'll never see competitive play because.. you simply can't put it on the table the way it is.

Houghten
04-03-2015, 12:30 PM
...you replace a tile with it, obviously.

Wolfshade
04-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Great for narratives, might just have to pony up for that rob board.

DrBored
04-03-2015, 01:23 PM
...you replace a tile with it, obviously.

Doesn't work for people or events that don't use tiles. The hobby shops I've been to have all used either custom-built whole-piece tables, or table mats. To plop a fat FW tile on top of that is just ridiculous.

But then, this is FW, they make stuff for people that have more money than sense.

Houghten
04-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Easily fixed; just bring five other tiles with you and replace the whole battlefield!

;)

Kirsten
04-03-2015, 04:46 PM
just bevel the edges so that they can blend on to another table, then plonk it down when you deploy your fortifications. or cut the tile away and just leave the bunker complex.

kiwimeat
04-06-2015, 01:27 PM
personal thoughts: if you have to cut the tile away you might as well not pay all that money for it in the first place. when it comes to fortifications, bunkers and what not i would rather have the rules and then build my own.