PDA

View Full Version : April Fools!

DrLove42
03-31-2015, 03:17 PM
Usual annual PSA....remember its the First of April tomorrow.

Dont believe anything you read one the internet

No matter how much you want it, that Squat codex that is announced tomorrow isnt real....(probably :p)

Defenestratus
03-31-2015, 03:38 PM
Usual annual PSA....remember its the First of April tomorrow.

Dont believe anything you read one the internet

No matter how much you want it, that Squat codex that is announced tomorrow isnt real....(probably :p)

With the release schedule the way its been lately, I don't discount anything :P

If you told me last April 1st that we'd have a Solitaire model by April 1 2015, I'd have thought that it was a good jolly lol.

Houghten
03-31-2015, 04:23 PM
If you'd told me at any time ever that you knew what would be released 12 months later, I'd have a jolly good lol. Doubled over, pointing at you, trying to form words but only more laughter comes out.

Haighus
03-31-2015, 04:30 PM
Well, being released by this time next year, and bang on the dot in a years time, aren't the same things, the former is a much more likely prediction.

Asymmetrical Xeno
03-31-2015, 07:04 PM
Well, I can finally anounce that I have been employed by GW as their new "alien design and concept" head and overlord. I will be redesigning all Xenos races that currently exist and reimagining them in my trademark bizarre style. Orks will now actually look like mushroom/fungus creatures, eldar will be closer to the vorlons from babylon5, the necrons will be more like daleks, the tyranids will be more like lovecraftian nightmares and Chaos will be entirely squatted and replaced by four HP Lovecraft deities.

Also i will replacing the entire GW paint range with pots of tea to make the hobby closer to it's British roots.

DarkLink
03-31-2015, 10:46 PM
BTW, Half Life 3 was just confirmed.

Deadlift
04-01-2015, 12:11 AM
40k needs some Cthulhu really.

Psychosplodge
04-01-2015, 02:32 AM

Thread was believable until this.

Psychosplodge
04-01-2015, 03:09 AM
PC peripherals are dangerous

http://i.imgur.com/4wosoB5.jpg

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-01-2015, 06:17 AM
Awww, that's the cutest Chaco Golden Knee tarantula I've seen in ages. Helga my chile rose sometimes sleeps on my hand so I end up typing at my computer with her stuck to me lol

Psychosplodge
04-01-2015, 06:19 AM

I take back my earlier statement.

http://i.imgur.com/w5CzKTL.png

mathhammer
04-01-2015, 06:32 AM
40k needs some Cthulhu really.

Actually 40k already has a lot, there is more than one fluff book that refers back to Lovecraft sources, or describes the Emperors place on the "plains of Leng". (hmm found a quote for that one:

In the Horus Heresy short story collection Tales of Heresy, Book 10 of the Horus Heresy book series, the "Hall of Leng" is mentioned in the story "Blood Games" authored by Dan Abnett. It is described as a location within the Imperial Palace on Terra (Earth)

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-01-2015, 07:08 AM
I think he meant more in the visual, model and army side - Chaos and Nids have a little ; the tzeentch flamers/screamers, and nids have the spore mines and those larger ones recently released, but that's about it really. Generally Chaos is more Moorcockian and Nids more Giger and Heinlein. There is no true/proper "lovecraftian" faction in army/model form at all.

Arkhan Land
04-01-2015, 07:29 AM
what about y-geneies with the squidmouth. even further the ymarl stealers i always felt were kind of inspired by mi-go, so theres lov'n enough, which if i remember had influence on geigers/scotts alien, mostly as interstellar/planetary killer pest that can go dormant

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-01-2015, 08:30 AM
never liked ymgl's myself, but I hate cthulhu (boring humanoid crap) and feel it's popularity has made lovecraftian stuff really bland in recent times. Of course I blame August Derleth for naming the mythos after it, when it should of been called Azathoth mythos IMO.

Arkhan Land
04-01-2015, 08:51 AM
"Lovecraft regarded the short story as "rather middling—not as bad as the worst, but full of cheap and cumbrous touches". Weird Tales editor Farnsworth Wright first rejected the story, and only accepted it after writer Donald Wandrei, a friend of Lovecraft's, falsely claimed that Lovecraft was thinking of submitting it elsewhere."

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-01-2015, 08:57 AM
"Lovecraft regarded the short story as "rather middling—not as bad as the worst, but full of cheap and cumbrous touches". Weird Tales editor Farnsworth Wright first rejected the story, and only accepted it after writer Donald Wandrei, a friend of Lovecraft's, falsely claimed that Lovecraft was thinking of submitting it elsewhere."

I am a fan of HPL, but I think some of his stuff is pretty bad and that story wasn't that great at all. I really do not understand cthulhu's popularity at all - it suits a Kaiju/Giant Monster type setting, but not a cosmic horror setting IMO. His worst is probably reanimator - the films are awesome comedy-horror (in that evil dead style) though.

Deadlift
04-01-2015, 09:21 AM
http://youtu.be/nARiGDW9X0M

I played this game a few years back. Quite hard and a bit creepy but fun non the less. Never completed the last level. Just to difficult.

deinol
04-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Wait, people aren't using the Bones Cthulhu model for their Great Unclean One?

Mr Mystery
04-01-2015, 12:47 PM
I like Black Library's one this year. A tale about a Servitor who dreams of becoming Skitarii. Written and printed in Binary.

Hell, I'd buy one just for ****s and giggle!

Chris*ta
04-01-2015, 01:24 PM

After Duke Nukem came out, I'm unimpressed by any vapourware stories anymore ...

Awww, that's the cutest Chaco Golden Knee tarantula I've seen in ages. Helga my chile rose sometimes sleeps on my hand so I end up typing at my computer with her stuck to me lol

This ... surprises me more than I think it actually should.

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Helga has a lot of personality and She's got quite a lot of fans on Facebook (and 90% of them are Women too!). She's basicly like a rich fathers spoiled daughter in the form of a small fuzzy animal. She even gives me the cold shoulder by turning her back to me when she doesn't get her way, and if she is feeling extra rebellious she will dump her polystyrene ball in her water dish cos she knows I'll have to clean it. That said, when I really need her, she'll willingly walk onto my hand, flop herself down and let me stroke her back.

Deadlift
04-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Helga has a lot of personality and She's got quite a lot of fans on Facebook (and 90% of them are Women too!). She's basicly like a rich fathers spoiled daughter in the form of a small fuzzy animal. She even gives me the cold shoulder by turning her back to me when she doesn't get her way, and if she is feeling extra rebellious she will dump her polystyrene ball in her water dish cos she knows I'll have to clean it. That said, when I really need her, she'll willingly walk onto my hand, flop herself down and let me stroke her back.

I'd love a spider, unfortunately the rest of the tribe aren't so willing.

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-01-2015, 02:50 PM
I'd love a spider, unfortunately the rest of the tribe aren't so willing.

Aw, that's a shame but I'm happy to read another bols member likes them. I love my ol spider.

Haighus
04-01-2015, 03:28 PM
I'd quite like a spider, but I would prefer a snake :) Probably need to finish with Uni before I can think of pets though.

Defenestratus
04-01-2015, 03:54 PM

I have to admit, I'm an arachnid extermination expert (having lived in Florida, its a requirement for your driver's license test that you're able to murder bugs) but... isn't that thing.. like... poisonous?

As in, if she's feeling particularly naughty one day, couldn't she put your hand into a form of necrosis?

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-01-2015, 04:16 PM
I have to admit, I'm an arachnid extermination expert (having lived in Florida, its a requirement for your driver's license test that you're able to murder bugs) but... isn't that thing.. like... poisonous?

As in, if she's feeling particularly naughty one day, couldn't she put your hand into a form of necrosis?

All arachnids carry poison, but a tarantula bite is about as harmful as a minor bee string, but it's very exceedingly rare that it would cause a bad reaction - you'd have to have a rare alergy basicly. New World (north/south america) tarantulas are all pretty gentle and docile. It's the old world ones you don't want to mess with (Asia), but even then they aren't that bad. They are a lot smarter than people think.

Defenestratus
04-01-2015, 04:38 PM
All arachnids carry poison, but a tarantula bite is about as harmful as a minor bee string, but it's very exceedingly rare that it would cause a bad reaction - you'd have to have a rare alergy basicly. New World (north/south america) tarantulas are all pretty gentle and docile. It's the old world ones you don't want to mess with (Asia), but even then they aren't that bad. They are a lot smarter than people think.

Thank you for the education!

I love the way they look.

Unfortunately they make my wife scream. I asked my wife to fetch my shoe for this one, she came back with a flipflop, and my handgun :P

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_M8Ar3PvuGY/T6nZAITSVzI/AAAAAAAAVaI/5ylQIH023Uo/w1594-h1195-no/12%2B-%2B1

Psychosplodge
04-02-2015, 02:31 AM
Snakes are great, except when you lose one in a car, so you're stripping everything out on the hardshoulder of the M1 at about ten at night...

Clockwork
04-02-2015, 10:46 AM
And then they do stuff like this:

Though in their defense, dogs can't even count their number of feet (wolves can though!).

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Helga's even been freaked out by her own food. When we first got her, we tried her on all kinds of things - locusts, crickets, mealworms ect - she HATED the mealworms so much she would stand on tip-toes, pick the worms up and stacked them in the corne - They really freaked her out! She's also made herself jump a few times by accidently sitting on her crickets.

Clockwork
04-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Helga's even been freaked out by her own food. When we first got her, we tried her on all kinds of things - locusts, crickets, mealworms ect - she HATED the mealworms so much she would stand on tip-toes, pick the worms up and stacked them in the corne - They really freaked her out! She's also made herself jump a few times by accidently sitting on her crickets.
That sounds adorable and hilarious!

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Oh yeah, it's great - she slowly flops herself down for a spidernap...then jumps back up in shock, then you look under her and see the cricket she just sat on. She also sucks at climbing - I mean ffs she's a spider, shes meant to be good at that sort of thing - she'll get half way then slide back down hopelessly. She tries that a few times, then gives up and sulks in the corner.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa207/embodiedscrew/Helga/XmasHelga_zpswyftbvlr.jpg

Clockwork
04-02-2015, 12:04 PM
That is an adorable little hat.